Breaking NEWS PHOTO SESSIONS!!!!!! :-)

Hi!

I'm Chrysalide. Newbie on the board.

We're going to Disney in December. I had never heard about the photo sessions.

Where should I call to book a session? Can I do this online? Is there a place on the disney web site with all the info? Thanks!

Welcome to the DIS! :yay: If there is a place on the disney web site with the information, I have not found it. The best link I've seen is this one:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/#sessions

The information is a little out of date because people have said on this thread that the prints are no longer included as part of the packages.

If you're going to reserve a session ahead of time, you need to call. The number is 407-934-4004. I hope this helps! :)

I have read so much on these and how they have changed the packages. Here is what i was told today:
Package 1...49.95 20 min and a print package(variety to choose from)
Package 2 99.95 20 min and photo CD and with photopass card
Package 3 124.95 40 min and photo CD and with photopass card

They are booking through February right now so I have to wait a little bit for my March date.

I have read so much on these and how they have changed the packages. Here is what i was told today:
Package 1...49.95 20 min and a print package(variety to choose from)
Package 2 99.95 20 min and photo CD and with photopass card
Package 3 124.95 40 min and photo CD and with photopass card

They are booking through February right now so I have to wait a little bit for my March date.
Okay, I wish they would have said something about the 40min session when I booked last week. Now I'm going to have to call back with fingers crossed that we can switch to that. I wanted to do photos inside and out at Beach Club. I know that involves a bit of walking, and I was worried that we wouldn't get the shots done in 20min - especially with a 3yo that isn't always cooperative. We're trying to get photos for the wall at home, and a good one for our christmas cards.

So the picture package is no longer included? I wish you could chose pictures or photopass card as we wont be doing photopass so its wasted on us :(

We did the "40" minute session back in August at WL in part since we had a large group (10 people - our family, BIL family, FIL and second BIL who is solo). It was scheduled for Sunday morning after b-fast. There were no other sessions scheduled that morning. We finally made the photagrapher stop taking pictures after almost 1.5 hours as the kids were sooooo done. Ended up with somewhere around 170 photos. I am not sure if Sunday morning is normally a busy time or not but we plan on repeating the experience next year.

So the picture package is no longer included? I wish you could chose pictures or photopass card as we wont be doing photopass so its wasted on us :(

Really it wouldn't make no difference to anyone if they got the photopass card or not, since you already get a CD. The bonus of putting it on photopass is to add Disney borders. I doubt they would offer either or, as the value is one is free while the other has a cost.

Really it wouldn't make no difference to anyone if they got the photopass card or not, since you already get a CD. The bonus of putting it on photopass is to add Disney borders. I doubt they would offer either or, as the value is one is free while the other has a cost.

True. I have a few companies lined up to album and print my pictures if they are good enough so i suppose i shouldn't moan. I will be afterall in the 'World' :cheer2:

i spoke to them last friday. they told me they book 3 months in advance and gave me the packages for cd only listed above.

i'm just stuck between the grand floridian and the poly....
we're using them as our engagement photos. i looked at all the wedding photography and i just don't want to do a 2 hour+ session. this is perfect.

I can't remember if I already asked this question, I can't find it if I did.

Do you get the CD immediately, or do they send it to you?

I'm trying to decide if I should wait on sending Christmas Cards in hopes of including a picture, but I'd have to send them the day after Christmas to do so as it stands - waiting any longer wouldn't work!

I can't remember if I already asked this question, I can't find it if I did.

Do you get the CD immediately, or do they send it to you?

I'm trying to decide if I should wait on sending Christmas Cards in hopes of including a picture, but I'd have to send them the day after Christmas to do so as it stands - waiting any longer wouldn't work!

You get the CD straight afterwards. YOu pay first, do the shoot, stroll around for about 20 minutes while they upload the images and they give you the CD.

I planned to use some of my Photopass images for Christmas cards, but my CD was shipped 2 weeks ago and hasn't arrived - so like you, I am probably sending my cards out late. ;)

i spoke to them last friday. they told me they book 3 months in advance and gave me the packages for cd only listed above.

i'm just stuck between the grand floridian and the poly....
we're using them as our engagement photos. i looked at all the wedding photography and i just don't want to do a 2 hour+ session. this is perfect.

Have you decided? I want to do it again next year and will do a different resort. I was thinking of GF since we did the Poly this year. I loved the one at the Poly by the way. I don't regret my choice at all. :thumbsup2

You get the CD straight afterwards. YOu pay first, do the shoot, stroll around for about 20 minutes while they upload the images and they give you the CD.

I planned to use some of my Photopass images for Christmas cards, but my CD was shipped 2 weeks ago and hasn't arrived - so like you, I am probably sending my cards out late. ;)

Thanks - you still have plenty of time. We get back from our trip on Christmas Eve, so my plan is to have all my cards addressed and ready before hand, go to Costco 1 hr photo on the 26th and send them out then.

Have you decided? I want to do it again next year and will do a different resort. I was thinking of GF since we did the Poly this year. I loved the one at the Poly by the way. I don't regret my choice at all. :thumbsup2

well, i've thought a lot about this, this week. i really like the castle pix from the poly beach, but then i really want the fountain and bench pictures from the grand floridian.

i'm thinking we're going with the grand floridian. it'll be easier since we're staying there.

i don't think i'd regret it either way. i feel like the poly could be a lot of walking to find key spots too. that could take up lots of the time, whereas the gf is all pretty much in the same area.

well, i've thought a lot about this, this week. i really like the castle pix from the poly beach, but then i really want the fountain and bench pictures from the grand floridian.

i'm thinking we're going with the grand floridian. it'll be easier since we're staying there.

i don't think i'd regret it either way. i feel like the poly could be a lot of walking to find key spots too. that could take up lots of the time, whereas the gf is all pretty much in the same area.

The Poly wasn't that much walking. We got 79 pics and we just did the regular 20 minute session but it is just myself and DD and the size/ages etc of your party would have an affect. I just remembered now that you mentioned the castle pics at the Poly - I was so keen on those as well. But guess what, they come complete with a giant crane in the background (unless it is gone now) :rotfl2:

I am leaning towards the GF for next year too. But I totally agree, you can't go wrong with any of them unless you are after a very specific theme. Enjoy your session. :goodvibes

The Poly wasn't that much walking. We got 79 pics and we just did the regular 20 minute session but it is just myself and DD and the size/ages etc of your party would have an affect. I just remembered now that you mentioned the castle pics at the Poly - I was so keen on those as well. But guess what, they come complete with a giant crane in the background (unless it is gone now) :rotfl2:

I am leaning towards the GF for next year too. But I totally agree, you can't go wrong with any of them unless you are after a very specific theme. Enjoy your session. :goodvibes

lol, oh the crane! we were just there 2 weeks ago and i have about a bizillion shots of the crane in all my pix!! it probably wont be gone in may... so that's a super good point! i may have forgotten about that! we joked about it all week, especially when we toured the wedding pavillion and it was a straight shot of the crane thru the window, lol. crazy!

lol, oh the crane! we were just there 2 weeks ago and i have about a bizillion shots of the crane in all my pix!! it probably wont be gone in may... so that's a super good point! i may have forgotten about that! we joked about it all week, especially when we toured the wedding pavillion and it was a straight shot of the crane thru the window, lol. crazy!

I did actually realise as we walked along the Poly beach so we took a few pics with the castle and the photographer adjusted her settings so that the background was blurry, but I had mentioned to her not to go to town. I didn't want to waste time when we could get other shots in our session.

I see you are staying at GF anyway, so it will save you having to get anywhere else for your session - even if it is just the Poly. I think you made a good choice and I am going to copy you for next year :lmao:

Has anyone had Poly pictures taken in the cold weather? I'm all freaked out about what to wear. It's looking like we'll need jackets on!

Has anyone had Poly pictures taken in the cold weather? I'm all freaked out about what to wear. It's looking like we'll need jackets on!

Light jackets are going to be a must. Just got back from a 9 day trip and wore light coats every day. Layers are your friend. Hats and gloves at night were common depending on your tolerance level for the cold at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter