Boston DISmeet--June 13th--Final details listed--Important message pg. 6

Karen~

I sent you a pm. I'm hoping to join in the fun!!

Joanne
:earsgirl:

Wow, Karen, looks like a who's who of Boston DIS'ery!!!! Should be another great Boston meet, you guys have some good ones. Enjoy!!!!! ::MickeyMo :hyper: ::MinnieMo

day.I am a definite. DH won't be able to go but I'll be there as long as the weather is good. Hoping for a :sunny:

It's looking to be a good crowd, Dan! I'm really excited about it, and so are a lot of other folks. Have you seen the thread on the CB? We have been talking in the third person, and have smilie names (I'm :scared1: ) Someone even gave you a smilie name, Dan. You are: :moped:

Wish you could come! It's going to be a great meet.

Karen aka :scared1:

I'll try to make it but not absolutely sure.

As is in many cities, parking is free on the streets of Boston on Sunday. If you are coming from out of town and don't want to drive downtown, you can take the T (subway). Coming from the west, the Riverside T station is at the Grove St. I-95 (aka Rte 128) interchange one stop south of the Mass Pike interchange with I-95. At this station (except morning rush hour) skip the turnstiles and pay on the train.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Please don't come to Boston, July 26-29, due to extremely heavy congestion and road closures for the Democratic National Convention.

Is there room for three more? I'll be there with the two new little Disney addicts I have created. They are my neighbors. Jeff is almost 16 and I've taken him to WDW twice. He can't wait to go back! His sister Lauren is 12 and will have her first trip along with the three day cruise next April. I'd love to meet all the people who've given me such great advice.

The more the merrier! Looking forward to meeting you, Zippeedee. Hope you will make it, SeashoreCM!

Karen

I will talk to Grumpylilsis and me, her and my dd11 Jessie should be able to attend. We will take the train in from Lowell.

I will confirm with you after 4pm today.

Unfortunately some of the Mickey statues including Red Sox were vandalized last week and removed for repairs. They are expected back by June 12.

If the group has a schedule for where it will be and not have too short stays in each planned stopping area from Faneuil Hall to the Public Gardens, then people could get lunch on their own and know where to catch up with the group.

(for out of towners)
The walk from Faneuil Hall to the Public Garden is pleasant and not too long, the route most people take goes by some historic cemeteries on Tremont St., then past the Park Street Church. The Corner Mall mentioned earlier is a left down Winter St. at the Park St. Church, one long block. A right instead goes up the hill to the State House. The Boston COmmon is irregularly shaped and I don't know the landmarks within it to aim right for the Public Gardens entrance closes to the swan boats, but if you walk all the way around the perimeter of the Common either way, you will reach Charles St. and the Public Gardens is on the other side. After or instead of going on the swan boats, you might try the Duck Tour which includes a view of Boston from the middle of the Charles River, but this tour does not depart from nearby. Call 617-267-DUCK to find out whether tickets are available, sometimes they are sold out days in advance. Duck tours depart from the Science Museum (Science Park T stop or bus shuttle, 6/13 schedule not certain) or the Prudential Center (Hynes or Prudential T stops, at Prudential you must exit the front door of the train.) You might not want to take this tour if you are "skeered of gittin wet".

We are hoping to try to stop by...................my DD's all have cheerleading practice and it gets over at 2:30!!! If we make it in town................we will look for a large group of Mickey fans!!!!

Sounds like a blast.................hope we can make it!!!

fruit.gif
has returned from the salon and is thrilled to report that
fruit.gif
's toenails are lime green. The weather forcast says: Sunday
Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s which will be nice.

fruit.gif
will be taking the T in from the first stop on the Orange line as the commuter train only runs either way too early or way to late from Lawrence, the closest stop to
fruit.gif

It looks like 2 of my group will not be able to make it. My son-in-law and nephew will probalbly have to stay behind.

Here's hoping all the statues are back for the 13th

Originally posted by seashoreCM
Unfortunately some of the Mickey statues including Red Sox were vandalized last week and removed for repairs. They are expected back by June 12.

Oh how sad! I had not heard about this, but it is good to know the statues will be back in time.

Jackie (who with her DH is shyly anticipating her first DIS meet)

I am not going to be able to make it now!

DH was in a motorcycle accident last night in Brighton and is pretty scraped up and has a severe sprained ankle....thank god that was all that happened. He is only upset that his bike is totaled and he won't be able to ride up to Laconia for his "guy week"! Men!

I hope everyone has a great time and someone needs to report back here after and give me all the scoop on the great day. I will be thinking of you all!

--Tammie :wave:

We cannot make it. I have to go out of town for work from Sat to Tues. Sorry. I will eventually get to a meet!

I am still planning on attending but can only join in on the Fanueil Hall 11:00 am part. I need to be back home by mid-afternoon. So, regretfully, I can't make the Swan Boats / Public Gardens.

It hit me that I never posted the directions that I promised.

Anyways, here are directions from the north:

Take Rt. 93 to exit 24A Govt. Center. Just a warning, once you make it to the Leonard Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge, start working your way over to the right hand lane. The lanes kind of split a couple of times, and the exit you need will be on the right of both splits.

Once you get off of exit 24A, take the first right. This road runs next to Faneuil Hall. There is a garage on the right side of this road (don't know how much it costs, though). If that one is too expensive or full, if you take a left at the lights, and then a right at the next set of lights, there are two additional parking garages a short way down that street.

Here are the directions from the T:

On the orange line--take the Orange Line to Haymarket Station. Look for the steps that go up to the street (they are in the middle of the platform). When you get to the street, take a left and walk two blocks and you will be at Faneuil Hall. Walk across the cobblestone and brick plaza and Houston's will be there (look for my smiling face :)

On the Green or Blue lines--Take the train to Government Center. When you exit the station, take a hard right towards Boston City Hall. Walk to the right hand side of City Hall. Walk down the large set of stairs, and cross the street. Houstons will be on the left hand side.

Hope those are good directions :)

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter