Boston DISmeet--June 13th--Final details listed--Important message pg. 6

TLinden16

Scotty and Ray at Jelly Rolls are the best!
Everyone is cordially invited to the Boston Mickey Statue viewing and Swan Boat Ride meet!

Date: Sunday, June 13th
Place: In front of Houston's restaurant at Faneuil Hall
Time 11:00 a.m.

We will meet in front of Houston's Restaurant at Faneuil Hall at 11:00 a.m. Houston's is located at the Congress Street end of Faneuil Hall, opposite the large free-standing green house flower shop.

Once everyone is assembled, we will make our way to view the Mickey statues at Faneuil Hall. It is my hope that we can have a group photo taken with the Ben Affleck Boston Red Sox Mickey statue.

After viewing the statue, we will walk to the Corner Mall Food Court in Downtown Crossing for lunch.

After lunch, we will make our way to the Public Garden to ride the Swan Boats. If anyone is interested, we could hang around in the Public Garden or Boston Common to play frisbee or just let the kids work off steam while the adults gab :)

I have a project I'm working on, and I'm requesting that everyone who is going to the meet to please send me a private message with the following information for each person who will be joining us for the meet:

Name
DIS name if they have one
Favorite character from the following list: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, or Goofy.

If you have any questions, or need any additional information, please PM me.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

Karen

List of VIPs who are hoping to attend
TLinden16
MickeyFan1
Cherylp3 with DH
Goofy4Tink with DD10 and DH
AuroraluvsPhillip with DD14
Philaround with DW, DD, DGS, DN, and maybe DSIL
NHAnn with DH (look for special capering presentation)
KingsFaninRI, DD2Disney, DS2, and DMIL
Mouseteacher
AntKim with DM, DS5, and DS7 months
CamColt with DH, DS7, and DS4
JESW with DH, DS9, and DD5
Travelin'Tigger with DBF (later in the day hopefully)
Castlegazer with DH & DS2
Tiggersmom
Cthia with DD9, and DD5 months
Paras4RI with DH, DS 12, and DD9
EeyoreJMH with DH
edcrbnsoul with DW, DS5, and DS2
DooDahDay (Dsister of Edcrbnsoul)
JMCross and DS10
Zippeedee with friends

I will be there, solo as always. I have not been in Boston since I was probably 11 or 12, this will be a totallly new experience. I am looking forward to meeting all of you. As long as there is somewhere I can park my car, I will find you!

Yippee...a dis meet that I can actually get to!! Will be at least my dd, 101/2, and myself. Maybe dh. Thanks Karen. this will be so terrific.

Hi Karen,
Count me and my DD14 in! Doesn't matter where we eat, although sit down somewhere is always nice to get out of the heat. Looking foward to meeting other DIS'ers. I could use some good tips on saving money for our next trip during April school break from you experts!

Thanks,
Jean and Amanda

Whoa, I am now officially a Dis Veteran with that post! Can a tag possibly be somewhere in my future? :sunny:

Count me in. I'll be there with DW [Brenda], DD [Tara], DGS [Billy], and maybe DSIL [Bill] [if he has that weekend off].

As to time of meet, I would say no later then 11.

Keep us posted.

Phil

:wave2: oooohhh...this will be fun!

Have to talk to DH....and hope that he'll drive me.... I hate Boston driving.....will get back here with something more definite !

Best of my knowledge DW (DD2Disney, or as I call her, Tricia), DS and I should be there.

Count me in with 2 ds's(5 and 7 months) and possibly my mom!! She said she would love to come. I don't have a food choice-sit down might be easier-and I think 11:00 sounds great(or 12!). Not sure if we will last for the Swan Boat ride-hoping to but it all depends on the baby!;) Can't wait!!!

Kim(with A.J. and Mattie and possibly Mom(carolyn aka Mimi-EVERYONE calls her that!)

Very Cool!
Looks like we should be there..Myself Katie, DH Peter, and Cam 7 & Colt 4.
I think meeting around 12:00 would be fine, as would just picking up something from a food court.
This is so exciting! Lets all hope for good weather. A day like today would be perfect! :D

WOW!!!! I mentioned to DH that there's a DIS meet in Boston on June 13...and the Mickey statues...and the Swan boats...he said "that sounds good...let's go!" :cool1:
(He might be sorry when Karen and I lead a Caper on the Common ;) hehehehe)

So it will be the 2 of us...doubt DD 17 will want to come, but will check with her later........

I hope for :sunny: too........

Count us in too! :) Me, DH, DS9 & DD5. Food court might work best for us...hope the weather is great!

Jill

Great to see so many hits already! Should be a fun day! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Karen

I know DH already posted. Just wanted to say we want to confirm we will be there with DS (2 1/2) and DMIL. I am so glad that other children will be there. John is an only, so he LOVES to interact with other kids.

Tricia :flower:

P.S. if there is anything I can do. Please let me know. I am really close to Boston....Even if you just need me to make phone calls don't be afraid to ask.

I was in Boston today, and walked by the swan boats. The admission is $2.50 for adults, $1 for kids 2-15, and free for kids under 2. Just figured I'd let everyone know!

Karen

Originally posted by NHAnn
...doubt DD 17 will want to come, but will check with her later........
LOL...I asked my DD 17 if she wanted to come and got this::rolleyes: "If you really want me to Mom!"

Either way, I'll most likely be there with my DIS pal, minnster22, but, we'll let you know for sure by Memorial Day Weekend if we both can have that Sunday off. (We are in the restaurant business on the Cape...and it's starting to get busy, already!)

I really want to come so I'll check my calendar and see if I can...I should be able too. I might bring my roommate if that's ok? I recommend meeting by 11. As for food..too many places in Boston to choose. I really like the idea of Hard Rock or Fire and Ice but any place works for me.

Glad to see so many hits on this thread! To those of you who have never been to a DISmeet, they are really a lot of fun! It's great to be able to put names to the faces.

This is the third meet I've organized (the other two were at Jellyrolls--one of them had over 30 people at it, but that's because I pestered everyone into coming :)

I'll give it another couple of days for people to decide on a meeting time, and lunch location.

I'm looking forward to this.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter