• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Cottage Suites question

Thank you so much for the photo's of the Garden suites with the balcony. My son and his girlfriend will be staying there in a little over a week and I requested a balcony for them, but had never seen any pictures of the layout of the room. I have seen photo's of the other garden rooms so it was nice to show him what the balcony rooms would look like.

Thank you so much for the photo's of the Garden suites with the balcony. My son and his girlfriend will be staying there in a little over a week and I requested a balcony for them, but had never seen any pictures of the layout of the room. I have seen photo's of the other garden rooms so it was nice to show him what the balcony rooms would look like.

You're very welcome! I remember how hard it was to find these pictures myself, and I've been meaning to post these for a long time. Finding this thread spurred me on to finally do so.

Last edited:

I'm glad they're of use (but sorry they came so late in your planning). Enjoy your trip!!

No - not late at all! They are just on time - to confirm that I made the right choice :))) I would prefer that type of room. And I put the request into Touring Plans fax message.

But we take very early flight which departs at 5.30 am. So in reality we will take any room - as long as it is available early, so we can catch up with some sleep for my husband :))) I don't need that much sleep, I like to eat rather than sleep :)

But he REALLY needs 8 hours of sleep per a day - to feel happy.

Last edited:
It seems like there is no door to the sink-bathtub area?

If that's true - boy, these are really honeymoon cottages :))) Definitely not for a family. Though it would have made much more sense then if they would have kept Jacuzzi!!!

If that's true - boy, these are really honeymoon cottages :))) Definitely not for a family. Though it would have made much more sense then if they would have kept Jacuzzi!!!

Yeah, I don't remember a door to the tub/sink area.

One thing about the tub... bring bubble bath! I brought some, and enjoyed a bubbly soak with a good book and glass of wine a couple of times. An evening trip to the club lounge, followed by a relaxing soak was a great way to wind down after a busy, 20k step day. :-)

That tub was super comfortable, IMO. Much better than the uncomfortable, standalone soaker tub they put in the Beach Club villas to replace the previous Jacuzzi tub. (Beach Club villas were the first part of a split stay, so that's a direct comparison.)

They used to allow 4 to occupy the suites. My son and his family stayed in one years ago. The parents had the king upstairs and the children sleppt on the pullout in the first floor. They looked very different before the refurb, as you saw in some of the early pictures posted.
They are lovely now and just for 2

They used to allow 4 to occupy the suites. My son and his family stayed in one years ago. The parents had the king upstairs and the children sleppt on the pullout in the first floor. They looked very different before the refurb, as you saw in some of the early pictures posted.
They are lovely now and just for 2

I like the old design better :) Especially the jacuzzi :)

Yeah, I don't remember a door to the tub/sink area.

One thing about the tub... bring bubble bath! I brought some, and enjoyed a bubbly soak with a good book and glass of wine a couple of times. An evening trip to the club lounge, followed by a relaxing soak was a great way to wind down after a busy, 20k step day. :-)

That tub was super comfortable, IMO. Much better than the uncomfortable, standalone soaker tub they put in the Beach Club villas to replace the previous Jacuzzi tub. (Beach Club villas were the first part of a split stay, so that's a direct comparison.)

I was considering one-bedroom villa in the BoardWalk Villas (jacuzzi! :) ) But there was no availability for the BoardWalk one-bedroom. I looked at Beach Club and it was not worth the price difference to upgrade from studio to one-bedroom in the Beach Club for the two of us.

I was not too impressed I guess. The bathtub certainly looks pretty, but for me it's kind of useless. Also there are no any Disney accents whatsoever. At least on the multiple videos I watched on YouTube I noticed there were no anything Disney in Beach Club Villas.

I guess I really don't get it. One of the reasons I like staying in Disney hotels is Disney around me.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't remember a door to the tub/sink area...

Do you think the tub would fit two people? :flower1::tiptoe:

Last edited:
Not sure, honestly, though I suppose it depends on the couple. The tub is designed for 1, but that doesn't mean 2 won't fit.... ;)

We both are pretty slim :) And the tub looks pretty big :))) So we should fit then :)))

Going in two days!!

I look forward to hearing how you like the cottage suite.

I promise - I will come back with little report :)

I don't think we need more pictures - yours are perfect, you can't get any better. And I am not video person. I might try to make a video - if we get balcony suite.
But I honestly can't promise that.

But at least I can sure tell what we liked. And what (if that would happen) we didn't like.

Well... we didn't get the balcony room, but we like our room anyways :))) I didn't regret my choice for a second. It is romantic, cozy and comfortable. We didn't use the tub yet, but everything else in the room - we did.

I would not book those rooms for the concierge status: the lounge is nice and we are actually using it more then I thought we would. But the concierge service is not impressive here compared to what I experienced in Animal Kingdom for example.

But we do like the room, and the kind of "private" quite pool - it's right outside our door and there is nobody there every morning. It's nice exercise as you can do laps there.

From my perspective I would totally recommend it to a couple as romantic getaway - if it doesn't empty your bank account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter