Boardwalk Cottage Suites question

JoieNsk

Mouseketeer
Hello, everybody :)

I have a question about Garden Cottages.

Debating with myself if I should switch from Studio in Beach Club to one of the Cottages. We are two adults, me and my husband, - for three nights. We are not exactly honeymooners :) But we don't normally go to Disney by ourselves. So I feel like it might be kind of romantic to stay in one of the cottages.

But even with AP rate they are on expensive side and it is hard for me to justify would it worth the difference in price for us?

When I look at the newer pictures of the cottages it seems like there is no jacuzzi there anymore?

Also I am particularly interested in the three cottages with the balcony. Could not find many pictures of those. And no video at all. Have those three lost the jacuzzi with the window to the bedroom?

And if anybody has recent pictures of the "balcony" cottages - would be so great to see them!

Thank you very much for any info!

My photo file size was too large to up load. There is a Jacuzzi but the bath does not face the bedroom so no window. The unit is relatively narrow and deep. Bath is towards interior side of second level with bedroom area by balcony which was huge with great view of quiet pool.

My photo file size was too large to up load. There is a Jacuzzi but the bath does not face the bedroom so no window. The unit is relatively narrow and deep. Bath is towards interior side of second level with bedroom area by balcony which was huge with great view of quiet pool.

Thank you VERY MUCH for the info!

I have one more question - were you there recently? I know there were jacuzzi tubs in all the cottages before the remodeling. But after the remodeling it seemed like jacuzzi tubs were replaced with the soaking tubs.

Though somewhere I read that there were still jacuzzi in those three cottages even after remodeling.

Thank you very much!

This is very good video!

I always am so thankful to people who make videos like this, and even if the video is not as nice as this one - it still helps so much.

If I will end up in the cottage with balcony - I will make myself to do a video or at least detailed pictures.

As I could not find many pictures and no video of the balcony version of the cottages.

I found though couple pictures here and there. And I will try to post them here altogether in case somebody else is interested.

First set is after remodel and the source was:

http://www.wdwluxuryguide.com/exper...tions/epcot-resort-area/disneys-boardwalk-inn

The last several pictures are before remodel, and I found them here on these boards in the thread about Boardwalk resort.

Boardwalk_Inn_Garden_Suite_2.jpg Boardwalk_Inn_Garden_Suite_3.jpg Boardwalk_Inn_Garden_Suite_balcony.jpg Boardwalk_Inn_Garden_Suite_Bath.jpg Garden Cottage Balcony suite 1207 balcony before remodel.jpg Garden Cottage Balcony suite 1207 downstairs before remodel.jpg Garden Cottage Balcony suite 1207 upstairs before remodel.jpg Garden Cottage Balcony suites entrance.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

This is very good video!

I always am so thankful to people who make videos like this, and even if the video is not as nice as this one - it still helps so much.

If I will end up in the cottage with balcony - I will make myself to do a video or at least detailed pictures.

As I could not many pictures or videos of the balcony version of the cottages.

I found though couple pictures here and there. And I will try to post them here altogether in case somebody else is interested too.

View attachment 284087 View attachment 284088 View attachment 284089 View attachment 284090 View attachment 284091 View attachment 284092 View attachment 284093 View attachment 284094
That room is on my "someday" list lol. Dd and I went exploring years ago and stumbled upon them. I love the gardens,

I'll be at the Inn 11/29 and can't wait to walk mom over to see them.

Thanks, I enjoyed seeing the new sofa, I hadn't seen that yet.

The balcony set up is much more appealing for me as I like the idea of the private bedroom, as me and my husband have different sleeping schedules. And I would feel more comfortable if I don't have to worry about waking him up.

I guess I will just let him decide.

As I am really fighting with myself.

The greedy me tells me that I should stick with the studio. As we are planning to go to most of the parks. So would not be spending as much time in the room most likely.

Also I know us already - the lounge with "free" food is never used too much if it is not "right there" on the way. Whenever we have lounge included on the cruise we never use it so much that it would pay for it. And here the lounge is not conveniently located for the cottage guests. So I know I should just take the food in the lounge out of the equation when considering if it's worth to stay in the cottage or not. Also I was looking forward to some romantic dinners in nice restaurants, which diminishes the lounge value even more.

But the spoiled me tells me that would be so nice to have more space and one more bathroom (even though it's just half bathroom). Also I always wanted to try the cottage as they looked so romantic :)

And the fact that this is such an occasion that we go to Disney just by ourselves makes them even more romantic - who knows when we would do it next time - if ever.

Last edited:

On the rear occasions we stay concierge with Disney - I usually only consider it "for the guaranteed view" (like in Contemporary for example).

Or if we just stay for only one day (then it makes at least somewhat sense as you can use the "free" food for two days :)))

We stayed once with my friend concierge for only one day, and we never ate anywhere except for the lounge as the food offerings were enough to feed us :))) That was at least somewhat good deal. Other then that - for me concierge doesn't have any financial value.

But I can see that there might be some other values behind staying concierge for some situations.

Also I have more feelings for Boardwalk Inn as compared to Beach club. We are going to be there in December with all the Christmas decor etc, and I really like the vintage look of the Boardwalk Inn.

Beach Club looks like more suited for a family stay, and Boardwalk feels more romantic. (We didn't stay in either of them yet).

I know Beach Club is famous for the pool. But we are going in December and I really doubt we would use pool at all, it probably is not going to be too warm.

Last edited:
The pictures look correct except that I don't think the tub area opens into the bedroom after the remodel or else I didn't find that feature when I was there. The tub was a soaking tub. It was still a fabulous place to stay and I would do it again.

Hello, everybody :)

I have a question about Garden Cottages.

Debating with myself if I should switch from Studio in Beach Club to one of the Cottages. We are two adults, me and my husband, - for three nights. We are not exactly honeymooners :) But we don't normally go to Disney by ourselves. So I feel like it might be kind of romantic to stay in one of the cottages.

But even with AP rate they are on expensive side and it is hard for me to justify would it worth the difference in price for us?

When I look at the newer pictures of the cottages it seems like there is no jacuzzi there anymore?

Also I am particularly interested in the three cottages with the balcony. Could not find many pictures of those. And no video at all. Have those three lost the jacuzzi with the window to the bedroom?

And if anybody has recent pictures of the "balcony" cottages - would be so great to see them!

Thank you very much for any info!

The pictures look correct except that I don't think the tub area opens into the bedroom after the remodel or else I didn't find that feature when I was there. The tub was a soaking tub. It was still a fabulous place to stay and I would do it again.

Thank you very much for the confirmation about the bathtub.

I don't understand why Disney didn't keep the jacuzzi's there - for me that would be a draw for staying there. Me and my husband never use soaking bathtubs while travelling. But he likes jacuzzi. I guess I need to take that out of the equation too :)))

If the bathtub at least had an extra shower in it - that would make it worth for me, so two people can take a shower at the same time. But that's not the case.

85CE1E46-6559-488A-8EFA-57700F129C29.jpeg E313A762-5EE4-41AF-8CA9-8DA22DD71ED8.jpeg C6C78645-1532-4943-8C6F-9B11CC7BA153.jpeg Hello, We stayed at Cottage in September . Sorry to say there no jacuzzi . We ask for another room and we were told the cottages don’t have
jacuzzi any more. So we just stayed put. Also the “suite” felt empty too.
We said next time Old Key West one bedroom next. Since OKW is the only place we know Disney hasn’t taken out the jacuzzi yet. For the price you pay for a Cottage you can save money at the OKW and have a jacuzzi plus a kitchen which you can call Garden
Grocery.
O as you see the tub there isn’t any grab bars. Which is very hard to get in and out. The floors are very slippery too. The shower has low pressure too. The toliet is very low too. The bed frame was broken. When you are trying to sleep, you can here the pipes. The stairs are easy to use. The sofa is basic and if you sit near the arm rest it is easy to get up and down. The coffee maker is Krups which is nice. Coffee just right. The the bathroom on the first floor is nice. Toliet is higher.
Now if you need ice you have to go outside and go around a short bend and next to First Cottage is area for outside ice. Now to go to Club Level again you have to go outside and go towards the stairs and behind the stairs is a glass door. Open and go in the elevator on right side. Hit up go into the elevator hit floor 4.,once on
Floor 4, make a right onto the hallway
O laundry room right there, go right down the hallway around another bend
Short left is club Level. At our age plus going to parks before during and after this seemed a workout. Don’t get us wrong the Cottage is nice for the younger ones but at our age a more simple OKW will do. Have a Magical Stay.

We stayed in a cottage a few years ago. It was on my bucket list and is now my "not worth it" file, LOL! Yes, they look super cute from the outside and you get a king bed, but, we, too, did not make use of the lounge (it's just far away and not convenient). We love the studios at BWV, however. I would save your money, stick with studio and use the extra money on something special (restaurants, a tour, etc.)

View attachment 284109 View attachment 284110 View attachment 284111 Hello, We stayed at Cottage in September . Sorry to say there no jacuzzi . We ask for another room and we were told the cottages don’t have
jacuzzi any more. So we just stayed put. Also the “suite” felt empty too.
We said next time Old Key West one bedroom next. Since OKW is the only place we know Disney hasn’t taken out the jacuzzi yet. For the price you pay for a Cottage you can save money at the OKW and have a jacuzzi plus a kitchen which you can call Garden
Grocery.
O as you see the tub there isn’t any grab bars. Which is very hard to get in and out. The floors are very slippery too. The shower has low pressure too. The toliet is very low too. The bed frame was broken. When you are trying to sleep, you can here the pipes. The stairs are easy to use. The sofa is basic and if you sit near the arm rest it is easy to get up and down. The coffee maker is Krups which is nice. Coffee just right. The the bathroom on the first floor is nice. Toliet is higher.
Now if you need ice you have to go outside and go around a short bend and next to First Cottage is area for outside ice. Now to go to Club Level again you have to go outside and go towards the stairs and behind the stairs is a glass door. Open and go in the elevator on right side. Hit up go into the elevator hit floor 4.,once on
Floor 4, make a right onto the hallway
O laundry room right there, go right down the hallway around another bend
Short left is club Level. At our age plus going to parks before during and after this seemed a workout. Don’t get us wrong the Cottage is nice for the younger ones but at our age a more simple OKW will do. Have a Magical Stay.
Oh thank you for directions to the lounge. We are staying cl and wlll probably use this for quiet pool.

I think those rooms look adorable. A while back, I saw a series of photos taken of the fronts of the cottages. Each one has a unique birdhouse out front, and I thought that was so precious.

I never realized before this thread that they are club level.

Don’t get us wrong the Cottage is nice for the younger ones but at our age a more simple OKW will do. Have a Magical Stay.

Thank you VERY MUCH for the pictures, for detailed info and for your "global" impression of the cottage.

I know everybody is different. But still - the impressions people get gives some idea of what you may feel in the same situation.

Old Key West looks nice. But it is kind of far away from everything. Staying in Epcot area we are looking forward to being able to walk to Epcot and maybe to Hollywood Studios too. We stayed in Epcot area before and it was so nice to avoid long bus trips. Epcot is one of our favorite parks.

I like to have a kitchen for a family trip. Though I never cook on vacations - not more then fried or boiled eggs :) - it is nice to have big fridge as we do order groceries and often have breakfast right in the room.

But for three nights - just me and my husband - we don't need even big fridge. Microwave, tea pot and small fridge - all we need. Even that might not be used too much as the cottages do have access to the lounge. I remember in Grand Floridian we were able to get the wine and something else in the lounge and bring it to our room. The Boardwalk lounge is not so close. But I would think we still stop there once in a while and can carry something to our room if we want.

We stayed in a cottage a few years ago. It was on my bucket list and is now my "not worth it" file, LOL! Yes, they look super cute from the outside and you get a king bed, but, we, too, did not make use of the lounge (it's just far away and not convenient). We love the studios at BWV, however. I would save your money, stick with studio and use the extra money on something special (restaurants, a tour, etc.)

Thank you very much for sharing.

I am afraid I might feel the same way after the stay :) :rolleyes1

But before I try it I can't tell for sure :teleport:

My husband was not very much help in deciding.

So I think we are going to try it. Right now I have Annual Pass which gives me about 30% discount on this room. But I am not going to get Annual Pass every year. So this room is right now for me as cheap as it can possibly get (still not THAT cheap really :)) I know if I have it in my mind - I will keep thinking about trying it anyways.

If we do it, I am just going to make myself not to worry about not going to the lounge (because WE PAID for it :))) Just kind of ignore that part.

This vacation was created as relaxed and romantic, and we should try to keep it that way :) If I would be able to ignore the lounge part - I should be fine :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter