Birthday Party for One Year Old

I’m still a bit confused you guys are staying at the yacht club. But are all these aunts and uncles and guess locals? Or are you guys all on a trip together at WDW? If you guys are all on a trip together, I would just try and get an MDR reservation for the group for lunch or a brunch and then just bring gifts and maybe order a special cake. Could be pricey though but still cheaper than having Disney do an official “event”. The kids not really gonna notice the lack of decorations. If you do it this way you can still maybe bring party hats and stuff for pictures.

If these guests are locals, is there a way they could host at their house?

Ask the Yacht Club for the use of a room? I'm sure they have plenty of options for a party but not for free.
Definitely not free. There's the gazebo too, also the opposite of free :)

What about a fireworks cruise!? That could be great. As long as the baby isn't afraid of fireworks, then it would not be great :(

I wouldn't even have a 1 year old's party away from home. I'd prefer to be close by so they can go down for their nap at the right time and not have a meltdown at all the unusual things happening.

Chances are zero. And in my opinion, it's not a reasonable request at a Deluxe WDW resort.
But there are lots of options at a price.
I would like to give this several "likes"! Lot's of options, but you can't gather and take over shared spaces meant for the enjoyment of all paying guests. Not even for 30 minutes. Book a separate space, or book a large villa or hospitality suite for yourself that includes a room for others to join you in for the event, if you're trying to do it onsite. Lots of offsite options too, but you book and you pay, you don't just swarm.

If your relatives/guests are local, ask if they would host. It’s not likely Security at the YC will allow all those people to park. And no way you can do it at the pool, SAB or quiet pool (not fair to other guests). If they are not local, wait until you get home and do it there. A one year old has no idea what a birthday is!

Why not reach out to them and ask? The worst they can say is "no".

Exactly. That resort is set up for business conferences and things. IF one of their meeting rooms wasn't being used, they might rent it out to a guest. - You never know??

I went to poke around on line here:
chat pop-up 1st screen.png

And a chat option popped right up:
chat pop-up.png

I didn't opt to talk to someone, but it looks easy enough if you want to.

The page had the local phone number for the Yacht Club as well:
1700 Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8407

(407) 934-7000

Both my kids celebrated their first birthdays at WDW.

The first at Old Key West. We had some family who lived in the area over to the room and had a small party. This one was a combo 1st and 91st birthday party.

The second at the Beach Club Villas. Again we had some family over who lived in the area over to the room and had a small party.

This was all well before the crack down on parking.

Edited to add:
Resort parking is easy enough to work around. Have them park at Disney Springs and ride the bus or you can pick them up.

And for all the people saying it’s a 1 year olds party…. The first parties are not for the kid to remember but for the parents to remember. I have very fond memories of the two first birthday parties at WDW.

Last edited:
As others mentioned, parking at YC/BC is like entering Fort Knox so make alternate arrangements.

If you have more of a floating party where folks stop by the room, you could have something like this done. Or do it anyway.

1688500106297.png

I know a lot of people specifically DVC members book grand villas/cabins/treehouses 1-2 nights just for parties and celebration. Is that something you would consider as an option?
I know people have done anything from birthdays, graduation, anniversary to Christmas and even Superbowl parties in the villas! My DVC guide told me her co-worker did that this year for Sueprbowl.

My thoughts are just have a gathering at one of the Disney restaurants. Chef Mickey’s would be great to get some good pictures with the characters for the 1yr old. Other restaurants that come to mind would be Raglan Road they have two side areas that could give you a bit of privacy. If it’s not a super hot time maybe the boat seating outside at Hangar bar and have small plates and drinks for the adults and it’s a cute space, it’s usually first come first served there but maybe it can be arranged in advance. Splitsville would be fun too and they have good food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter