Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

We are currently at Aulani (sadly leaving tomorrow). The pool/lazy river temperature is definitely a little warmer than the ocean temperature. We're from Texas and I'm a weenie when it comes to cold water in the pool and I've managed to get in (although it takes me a few minutes). My husband says it probably is around 80 or so degrees -- we just call it refreshing!!

There with my family last month and the temperature seemed fine to me, although I’m Canadian and shorts go on at 60 and the a/c goes on at 70, so I may not be the best judge of what’s warm for those who live down south…

As a family of Californians (who visited over Thanksgiving) we found the lazy river tolerable (not freezing, but not pleasant) on a hot/warm day but wouldn’t want to go in it early in the AM or late in the afternoon. Our kids didn’t seem to mind it at all. I saw someone else speculate 80 and that sounds slightly high to me. We speculated that they keep it a bit cooler to discourage people from spending hours in there (it was pretty crowded and sometimes hard to find floats during Thanksgiving week). Didn’t stop us from enjoying it, but even mid-day 1-2 laps was enough.

We were there Dec 21-28 and the heaters were fixed. The pools and the lazy river were a great temp.

We were there Dec 21-28 and the heaters were fixed. The pools and the lazy river were a great temp.
I agree! We were there Dec 22-27 and everything was fine except the far back “quiet/ secret pool” with the fountains was a bit cold to me sometimes!

I like pretty warm water so if I thought it was fine, it definitely is! 😁 I like pool water about 83 or more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter