Best way to get to MK for a PPO dining reservation?

redheadk

Earning My Ears
We have an 8am breakfast reservation at CRT on Thanksgiving Day. Will the boat leave early enough to get us there without cutting it too close?

I think our other option is a Minnie Van since I think it drops off closer to MK than my other options? Not sure on that.

The boat is my first choice since we have a LONG day at MK planned, ending it with the dessert party & fireworks, so I'm sure we'll appreciate having our golf carts parked by the boat launch upon our return.

We will have rental cars and golf carts plus we are willing to use Minnie Vans, if needed.

Thanks! I think this is our last piece of the puzzle to figure out.

ETA: MK opening time for that day is 9am, early entry at 8:30am, if things don't change between now and then.

When we had 815 at CRT the boat was held up for some reason. It made me and my wife pretty anxious. Finally got inside the park at 830 along with several other parties with reservations. CRT is prepared to accommodate such delays on Disney transit. They received us all and everyone was seated within 10 minutes even though some were arriving 35 minutes late.

That being said, Minnie Van is a no brainer if you're willing to spring for it. Leaves you right outside the park at the time you want and accommodates scooters.

With CRT in the morning and fireworks and dessert party that evening, sounds like you a a very special day planned and have invested a lot to make it extra special!!!
That said, I would take no chances and would schedule the Minnie Van. I would probably schedule another Minnie Van for the return trip that evening after such a long day.
Do Minnie Vans pick up from your campsite or cabin? If so, definitely would.

Do Minnie Vans pick up from your campsite or cabin? If so, definitely would.

Yes Minnie Vans pick up and drop off at campsites/cabins.

That is the advantage they offer since taxis, ride shares, and town cars can not.

It would be tight in the morning even with the first bus or first boat from the Fort.

Peace of mind is worth the price.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

We definitely don't want to be late, even if they will accommodate us, since we'd like to get a few things done in the morning and (hopefully) be able to take a mid-afternoon break back at the fort.

It sounds like a Minnie Van will be the best option for us. Thanks all!

We definitely don't want to be late, even if they will accommodate us, since we'd like to get a few things done in the morning and (hopefully) be able to take a mid-afternoon break back at the fort.

It sounds like a Minnie Van will be the best option for us. Thanks all!
Yeah that's the right choice if it's within budget. One of the awesome things about early morning ADR at CRT is looking out over fantasyland with nobody there, completely still. Enjoy it!

One of the awesome things about early morning ADR at CRT is looking out over fantasyland with nobody there, completely still. Enjoy it!
Seconding this!

Besides, CRT breakfast is pretty tasty, we think, despite lots of shade cast at CRT's food in the past. It's one of our must-dos to start an MK day.

The boat should be running before park opens. But it can be hit or miss. If you go the route of a ride share, definitely go with Minnie Van for MK direct as all others have to go to the transportation hub. Alternatively, and we have done this when we could not get a minnievan in time, is take a ride share to GF and the Monorail from there to MK.

Can someone remind me - which side of the turnstiles is used to enter for PPO ADRs? I know it's been answered tons of times, but can't find it now.

Can someone remind me - which side of the turnstiles is used to enter for PPO ADRs? I know it's been answered tons of times, but can't find it now.

There is a CM standing on one side or the other with a sign for Dining Checkin outside the turnstiles during our Thanksgiving 2022 trip. Think it was on the left side entry turnstyles (those nearest the monorail station).

Bama Ed

If you just want to make EE you can take the boat?

Yes. Catch the first boat off the dock in the morning.

We did this for a 9am official normal entry time. Boat came to dock at FW about 720a/725a, we were already in line and loaded up and rode over to MK. Got there about 745am.

About 755am they let folks in the park to Main Street and we walked down and veered right toward Cosmic Rays and the tea cups. CM's are there with Magic Band readers to see if you are a park guest for EE and then you walk down to the rope, wait for 830am, and hope that 7DMT doesn't stay closed at opening like it did for us.

Bama Ed

PS - there is also a direct bus that leaves from the Settlement bus depot starting about 730am that rides to MK bus depot and drops out. So another travel option. Get in line early for either boat or bus. They are generally planned to get you to MK at approximately the same time.

I see that Minnie Vans are now thru Lyft. Anyone know how expensive they are? I'm sure they aren't the same price as Lyft!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter