Best way to check for change on resort?

lmhall2000

May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you
I booked online (Chase Dining deal for the month of August)....I was limited on our dates, we really wanted Yacht Club - but only Beach Club was available. I know they're likely both wonderful resorts- but the YC has the walk in showers and better chance of a full balcony? Those two things would be worth any extra- I have bad knees and I can't tell you how scary it is to try and step out of a tub/shower combo...I can walk 10-15 miles a day- but that one move will wreck my knees...I usually have to sit on the edge of the tub and pivot, pivot, pivot...it's just no fun. Now, if any of you tell me BC has a walk in shower- I'll be fine!! But, since I'm not technically handicapped- I hate to request one if someone truly needs it.
I keep trying to 'change' my reservation to see if YC will open up online...in the old days, I always called Disney reservations. Do they see availability that may not show up on the online? I figured as advanced as they are, that they're seeing the same thing I'm seeing? Or is it worth to call?
Thanks!!

I've been checking daily for a week, as soon as I posted this thread, I checked again and found YC available! I'm calling that Disboards pixie dust :) All is well!! I also didn't realize the system automatically signed me up for Park Hopper Plus option, when I only needed Park Hopper to get the deal...so that saved me a little bit of change, we've never stayed at BC/YC and fully expect to enjoy those pools than go to a water park...excited!!

We recently stayed at YC and our shower was not a walk in. It was a tub/shower combo. You may want to make the walk in shower a request to increase likelihood of getting it. We've had it before on prior stays, but not this last visit.

Personally, we LOVE YC and hope you have a great trip!

yay!!
But BTW, I have stayed at YC many times and have not had a walk in shower...

yay!!
But BTW, I have stayed at YC many times and have not had a walk in shower...

I saw a review of refurbed rooms and it showed a walk in- I wrongly assumed that meant all rooms had it..this was room 3190...if I do online check in- can I still fax a request? The only preferences listed were water view or upper floor. I paid for water view- so I assumed all would be water view?

I saw a review of refurbed rooms and it showed a walk in- I wrongly assumed that meant all rooms had it..this was room 3190...if I do online check in- can I still fax a request? The only preferences listed were water view or upper floor. I paid for water view- so I assumed all would be water view?
i have never requested an actual room but I assume you can still do so even if you do online check in
yes I would assume you have a water room
have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We recently stayed at YC and our shower was not a walk in. It was a tub/shower combo. You may want to make the walk in shower a request to increase likelihood of getting it. We've had it before on prior stays, but not this last visit.

Personally, we LOVE YC and hope you have a great trip!

I was going to say the same thing. When we stayed at YC last year, our room had a shower/tub combo, no walk-in shower.

OP, I’d definitely add it as a request on your reservation.

Call in the request, and ignore the room request portion of on-line check in. There have been reports that some resorts do not look at faxed in room requests, so I believe you are better off calling it in.

Just call. Then reconfirm when you check in, and if your assigned room has a tub, request a room with a shower. Or ask the resort for a shower chair. Or rent one from Orlando Medical Rentals.

I was going to say the same thing. When we stayed at YC last year, our room had a shower/tub combo, no walk-in shower.

OP, I’d definitely add it as a request on your reservation.
I realize the disconnect, looking at the stock photos they use for "Rooms" under YC resort- the only bathroom it shows is a walk-in shower...that's kind of misleading...then I saw it on another site showing a specific room- so just thought all of them had it. I will definitely request it :) Excited to be there! Thanks everyone!

Just call. Then reconfirm when you check in, and if your assigned room has a tub, request a room with a shower. Or ask the resort for a shower chair. Or rent one from Orlando Medical Rentals.

Thanks!! I'm assuming I just call the hotel- not Disney reservations? We haven't had to put in a request for over 6 years, a lot seems to have changed...we stayed for one night last year bringing daughter home from Disney College program, but she made all the reservations...much easier :)

Thanks!! I'm assuming I just call the hotel- not Disney reservations? We haven't had to put in a request for over 6 years, a lot seems to have changed...we stayed for one night last year bringing daughter home from Disney College program, but she made all the reservations...much easier :)

Call 407-W-DISNEY. If you call the number listed for the hotel, you are actually calling an of-site call center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter