• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time to go..October or November? HELP NEEDED!

Twinklevanwinkle

Earning My Ears
We are attempting to plan a Disneyland trip in October or November. We've noticed that many hotels are full and are concerned about crowd levels. In the past, those have been good months to go. Does anyone know if anything is going on that will increase crowds? I have heard word of a few conventions in the area. Does anyone know when local schools have their fall break? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We were in that situation too. We chose to go in Nov. for several reasons..

Many schools have off 1-2 weeks in Oct in SoCal. I know that is even the case here in AZ for the schools that go year round. We went last Oct. (mid Oct.) and the place was sooo busy! I was really shocked.

In Nov, the crowds will be much less, UNLESS you are going the weekend of Veterans Day or right around Thanksgiving. Otherwise low crowd levels. :thumbsup2

In Nov., the Xmas decorations are up. And there is nothing like DLR decorated for the holidays. It's just beautiful!

Lastly, it's generally much cooler in Nov. Average temps in Oct. are in the low 80's. Nov. temps seem to hang closer to the low to mid 70's. :)

November is really good apparently, but im going the first week of October as it was recommended that October is one of the best times to go, and looking at the posts on this website for people who are going in October, it seems like everyone is going mid to late october.... so im excited that im one of the few who are not. Im hoping it wont be as busy as mid to late october.

last year in october was nuts due to the 50th anniversary. But this year the 50th will be all over, and the new promo for "A year of a million dreams" will have started, but it wont be in the swing of things straight off. So the hype wont be as bad to start.

I agree that the very end of Sept and beginning of Oct are one of the best times to go. Crowds are very low and temps are warm but lovely. Seeing the holiday decorations is surely a treat, but large crowds are to be expected that time of year. We have gone the first weekend after Thanksgiving and it was pretty busy. Not at all like early October. Have a wonderful trip, whatever you decide :sunny:

Last time we went it was during the second week of November. The first 2 days hovered around 65 and then it warmed up to 72-77 degrees the rest of the time. Their was no crowds...except weekends of course and the holiday decorations were up already and even the Christmas fireworks were running. it was a wonderful holiday!

Twinklevanwinkle said:
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the info!

Do you know when the decorations go up for Christmas.

You'll notice the first decorations up starting Nov. 1st. The gradually put up more decorations each day. The entire park is decorated by Veterans Day (the 11th).

If you're interested in holiday stuff...if you wait until November, you'll be able to experience both Haunted Mansion Holiday and Holiday it's a small world - the former opens at the end of September, and the latter should (going by past history) open the first Friday of November.

Laura

Make it a mix of each. Go at the end of October, and spend the rest in November. But you should go for just October if you are spending one day. Just my opinion. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter