Best souvenir you ever got

A very light weight all year round scarf with small black Mickey heads on it. Bought it at Mouse Gears many years ago and use it constantly.
It also goes with me on each and every trip for the chilly airport & plane ride. Takes up no room in my tote and I can't travel without it.

Best ever purchase of all time, anywhere. Confession: Actually bought TWO of them because I knew I would love. Plus Disney merchandise disappears so quickly.

My favorite souvenir is my pair of Disney Halloween treats Crocs. I only wear them the month of October, but I love them!! I get so many compliments too. I also love the 50th anniversary Crocs. I’ve been wearing them almost daily now that spring is here.

My DD’s favorite is a Vera Bradley throw we got at MK a few years ago.

I got a 'free' $300 Disney gift card with my travel agent booking one year. I wanted to make sure I bought something to remember rather than fritter it away, so I bought the bronze Partners statue 😍 Which was $159 at that time, it's been on my mantlepiece ever since, I love it. I also bought the MK Christmas train decoration $49 (bargain!) which is great as it comes out each year with my other Disney decorations bought on previous visits. Keeps me going until we can visit again....😊

Blown glass ornaments from Magic Kingdom. We got to pick the colors and watch them make it. That is a social memory for us and would be a great gift for her. Or, you could pick an oyster at the Japan pavilion if it is still open (or there is a kiosk at Disney Springs) and then have a necklace made. Again, a great experience for you and gift for her. Our other favorite, although more expensive, was a Steinbach nutcracker from Germany store in Epcot. Or, for a really cheap option, a wine bottle stopper cork from Italy store in Epcot with Mickey on the top. We love all of these souvenirs.

I have 3 that are my all time favorites......

1. 15" Tall talking Captain Jack Sparrow...... it's seriously the most amazing thing ever and has a sensor to say like 8 different sayings from Pirates when someone walks by it
2. Pirates Snow globe.... it's a treasure
3. Any of the big Mickey ear Christmas ornaments that you can have personalized..... we get one each trip and they will put your name / date on the ornament. Those are always fun to look back on every Christmas. My favorite is the Halloween Mickey ear ornament because we went our first trip to MNSSHP, so that has the best memories

Kitchenware because I actually use it all the time! I almost don't even remember it's Disney stuff--it's just my routine stuff!

Set of ten porcelain dessert plates commemorating famous rides. Kids ask for them specifically.
Bottle open and wine stopper
Oven mitts and aprons
Mugs--favorite being my 2019 F&W festival one followed by Dumbo ones

I have a large black and white Dooney & Bourke F&G festival wallet that I've used as my main one for years and years. Great wallet. Still looks brand new.

We also have a couple of pieces of fairly expensive (few hundred bucks) framed artwork--one in dining room and one in my office. They make my happy when I look at them. Worth the splurge.

Typically not worth it for me? Clothes and jewelry. I think I'll wear them, but I feel a bit silly wearing them outside WDW. Bag/purses get more use.

Toys and trinkets always break or just take up room.

Our very first visit was in l977. I remember buying a wrist watch, a Lorus, with MM on the face. It isn't a big garish MM, but a small discreet one. You have to look twice to see it. I think we paid about $20 for it. I have worn it ever since then! When I worked in the hospital as an RN, the children loved seeing this watch. It still works beautifully. I asked the clerk at a jewelry store at wDW or DS, can't remember which, and she said that they sadly don't offer those watches anymore. No kidding. All I see now is cheap wristwatches.

Each year I buy a hand blown glass figure at the glassworks shop on Main Street in MK. I have several, but my favorite is Eyeore.

Another favorite is a white hooded sweatshirt from 2013. I looked everywhere for it while at WDW and couldn't find it. Then we stopped in to the gift shop in Epcot (the old one), and I found it there. They had everything you could want and I do miss it now.

Sorry this is so long, but I got to thinking of all the wonderful things I have gotten over the years. You can't miss with coffee mugs, glasses, IMO. for someone else as a gift.

My friend and I each got the Haunted Mansion morphing photos on our trip in 2015 when they were available. Those were great unique souvenirs for $15, they would take your photo and then make it into a lenticular 8x10 print that transform your face normal to a ghost and then back depending on the angle.
These would be our favorites. We got the gargoyle frame the samples were displayed in to make our display perfect.

Liked them so much we went back and got two more, DH wearing a hat in one, his shaved head for the other. I switched from hair up to hair down for mine.

We have a fairly long entryway to our apartment with all four in a row along one wall. When two guys delivered a new mattress set once, the guy bringing up the end saw them as he came slowly inside and was so startled he nearly dropped his end.

"Is that you guys? Really?" He asked. I said, "Yup. Sure is." He said, "COOL," and told his coworker he had to see those.

A common reaction that we have fun with. Certainly glad we got them!

My favorites are usually the resort specific items but also with the 50th anniversary merchandise I scored a couple I LOVE. Here are a few of my more recent purchases with 1 Disneyland purchase at the end.

B9681B57-4269-4360-8995-2C96D54E5BCC.jpeg6BA1AE92-0063-431B-BBAA-B9564B539F2C.jpeg02C023E6-6AE4-4F1C-BFB2-987A32737BBF.jpegDBCDE701-95AE-4134-A9C8-03B1192B9D2F.jpeg
FE53ECE6-7C14-4AA5-8D03-9CBE7C58D071.jpeg9FC6E7F4-F2F0-44E2-B941-2DC9AAF21896.jpeg890D3048-C16B-4791-B45E-7BE2FED855D8.jpeg
(Disneyland)

I got a pair of heavy tiki glasses from the Poly on a mother daughter trip 14 years ago- one side is a smile and the other is a grimace. They don't get used often, but when I make a tropical beverage, I totally pull them out and think of Mom and I getting island drinks from a pineapple in the lounge!

Then we got an authentic tagine in Morocco on our last trip. It is a plain clay one- nothing painted or fancy- but it works beautifully. We have delicious North African tagine meals every month or two and they are SO tasty. It's fun to think about how we got it in Disney!

I think my most favorite though is the kids' silhouettes. My parents had one for my brother and I each, and it was the only thing I NEEDED to get when we went 6 years ago. They are hanging at the foot of the stairs so I see my adorable children's faces from when they were teeny everyday! :lovestruc

I have to say that hands-down, my favorite souvenir is a Kermit the Frog lamp, done in the Tiffany style. I bought this in the Muppet area store in Hollywood Studios, about 10 years ago. It might not qualify as a "souvenir," because it was fairly expensive, but I have used it as a table lamp ever since, and it just amuses me every time I look at it.

Here are other favorites that are more in the "souvenir" category. The ones labeled as gifts were gifts for someone else: A pale blue Christmas ornament that somewhat resembles Cinderella's coach (gift), and was personalized. The round Coca Cola bottles from Batuu, special pins (gifts), a bonsai tree from Japan to which I added a small Mickey figure (gift), a WDW cookbook from a store near Chef Mickey's, a coffee mug with Minnie in a housecoat, looking very bleary-eyed, and animal-shaped pots for plants from AKL. Maybe some others that will come to me. I have a Mickey fleece and a Minnie jacket, both of which I like and wear outside the parks as well as in. Another thing souvenir I like: pearls from the store in Japan. I realize this is not unique to WDW, but I often get one pearl per trip. If you do not have them set, they are not too expensive. Photos also make good souvenirs, with cute frames.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter