• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Method for MCO to UOR + UOR to WDW?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey all,

Since the free Magical Express service bit the dust, it’ll be our first time starting our trip going directly from Orlando International Airport to the Universal Orlando Resort, where we’ll be staying for a few nights the Hard Rock Hotel.

I’m just curious on what everybody thinks the best method getting from the airport to the Hard Rock Hotel would be? My knee-jerk reaction was just to Lyft or Uber it, but there may be a better way somebody out there knows of? We’ll be landing at MCO at about 6:30 AM, so whatever option it is, it’ll have to be one that operates that early. We’re also not looking to waste a whole lot of time with scheduling/waiting around… so whatever option being fast and efficient would be preferred.

Second, I’d also like to know if anybody has any ideas more than a Lyft or Uber to get from Universal to our WDW Resort Hotel? And then after our time at WDW is over… what’s the best way to get back to MCO at the end?

Any suggestions, tips, or tricks are welcome! Thanks!! :)

I've just used Uber / Lyft. It has been super fast & efficient every time, and cost effective. IE, make sure you've got your bags before you actually order your car, it's been about 5min IME. It was literally 1min getting an Uber from a UO hotel one night. Pretty sure the drivers hang around those areas knowing they'll get riders. If you hit terrible pricing on one rideshare, switch to the other. Granted we're just 2 people so not waiting for a larger vehicle.

We always rent a car as usually when we visit Disney we take a day or 2 to visit other area attractions. We reserve Alamo on the website ahead of time we are insiders you can sign up for free so after we get our luggage we go to the rental car area down the hall and go to the Alamo kiosk and print out what we need and go right to that section of the garage and pick out our car. We like not having to rely on someone else and can go by our timing.

Hey all,

Since the free Magical Express service bit the dust, it’ll be our first time starting our trip going directly from Orlando International Airport to the Universal Orlando Resort, where we’ll be staying for a few nights the Hard Rock Hotel.

I’m just curious on what everybody thinks the best method getting from the airport to the Hard Rock Hotel would be? My knee-jerk reaction was just to Lyft or Uber it, but there may be a better way somebody out there knows of? We’ll be landing at MCO at about 6:30 AM, so whatever option it is, it’ll have to be one that operates that early. We’re also not looking to waste a whole lot of time with scheduling/waiting around… so whatever option being fast and efficient would be preferred.

Second, I’d also like to know if anybody has any ideas more than a Lyft or Uber to get from Universal to our WDW Resort Hotel? And then after our time at WDW is over… what’s the best way to get back to MCO at the end?

Any suggestions, tips, or tricks are welcome! Thanks!! :)
We visit frequently and always use either of the following to and from MCO: Lyft, Uber or Tony Hinds car service. Not always, but most of our trips are quick weekend trips so no checked bags which is glorious. With any of those services, in our many experiences, we haven’t waited around long at all. It’s also wonderful door to door service which is efficient and much appreciated, especially when arriving at the hotel late at night from a nighttime flight.

What about regular taxis? Are UberLyft really better? In Boston, you walk out the gate and can hop into a cab. Yes, you can request an Uber, but that adds several steps to the process. Is Uber really much easier at MCO?

What about regular taxis? Are UberLyft really better? In Boston, you walk out the gate and can hop into a cab. Yes, you can request an Uber, but that adds several steps to the process. Is Uber really much easier at MCO?
People just "hang out" around the Theme Parks and the airport most of the day to get fares. So you can get a quicker pick up than what is normal. We were able to get Animal Kingdom Lodge to Universal in 15 minutes.

People just "hang out" around the Theme Parks and the airport most of the day to get fares. So you can get a quicker pick up than what is normal. We were able to get Animal Kingdom Lodge to Universal in 15 minutes.
I assume you're referring to the rideshare drivers. OK, that's good to know, but still: is there a taxi line where I can just jump in a cab, without pulling out my phone, opening the app, making sure it has my location correct, making sure I type in the correct destination, etc etc.

I assume you're referring to the rideshare drivers. OK, that's good to know, but still: is there a taxi line where I can just jump in a cab, without pulling out my phone, opening the app, making sure it has my location correct, making sure I type in the correct destination, etc etc.
Yes, there is a taxi line at MCO, at least last time I looked. There are usually some sort of taxis outside the Universal resorts also that the bell guys can call forward. I prefer Uber/Lyft because in general they are cheaper and I don't mind a few more minutes wait.

I’ve had good experiences with happy limo. Not the cheapest, but I like to have it settled.

I usually do Uber/Lyft unless I need a car seat and then I book a private car with mears.

Taxis are MUCH more expensive in my experience. Near airport to All Stars $60 w/o tip. Lyft was $32. Lyft to UO was ~$20.

From MCO to UO Hotel, you could use the Universal's SuperStar Shuttle (It's just Mears), you have to call them up directly and only if you have a on-site reservation through them. $39 per person one way. From Disney hotel to MCO, use Mears Connect, this can be booked online easily. $32 per person one way I believe. There might be cheaper ways, but this is consistent and at least you won't be subject to surge pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter