"Best Dressed" on DCL: Share your experiences!

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
I know that the topic of dress, the suggested attire on DCL, etc. often spurs a heated discussion. Let's have some fun with this topic and use this thread to post the "best dressed" people you've ever seen on the ship (I'm saying that with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek). This isn't a place to debate the dress code and whether they were right or wrong for wearing what they wore or whether Disney should have said something to them. It's just a place to get a little chuckle over what people consider to be appropriate wear.

I'll start off with my three favorites:
1) Last cruise, a young woman was flouncing down deck 5 near the atrium in a white t-shirt with nothing on underneath (believe me, you could tell, as she was apparently cold) and a pair of panties. Actual underwear, not a swimsuit bottom!
2) Several cruises back, the couple in Palo where the man was wearing jeans and a flamingo pink t-shirt, and his wife was in a mummu mummu type sundress and plastic tongs.
3) On the same cruise as #2, the girl in Palo in blue jeans with bare feet.
Can you top those?! :jester: :jester:

Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Don't think I can top that, but I can add one. On the DVC Member Cruise in February while eating at Triton's there was a family next to us. Two of the kids in shorts. One played a DVD player all through dinner the other a game boy. The mother was in jeans with the slits down the legs (you know where it looks like someone took a razor and slit them) and a tank top. Grandma in jeans as well (a very young grandma I would say mid to late 40's). Very classy family - not!

On our last one on formal night we came accross a woman I would say early 40's or late 30's, VERY well endowed (either by grace of God or her surgean) wearing a macrame dress, the crocette stitches were not very tight and possibly the dress moved I don't know but my son was staring at her and I wondered why until I saw her nipple was poking RIGHT out of the DRESS! It was fairly obvious when you saw this pink thing poking out of a black dress...

Mine would have to be our cruise where the table next to us had a grandma(probably late 50's early 60's), her 2 grown daughters (mid 30's to 40 ish). The 3 of them looked so much alike. Also with them were the 2 grown daughter's children--3 or 4 total. Anyway--these 3 women ALWAYS wore their signature stiletto heels and cowboy hats. To dinner or out and about. During the day they were paired up w/ lovely "bootie" shorts!!!:p

Last year on Mexi- night I made the mistake of looking over at the table behind us.... there was a lady (a Pamela Anderson look-alike, but older) wearing a halter (think swimsuit top for the type of halter) and a sarong in a beautiful vibrant blue flowery print.

We also saw a family whose women-folk must have thought underwear was optional (it shouldn't have been!!!!). My first thought was "Henrietta, harness up the horses!!

Also I saw an increase of pre-teens wearing heels...really high heels.....really, really high heels. And nothing says class better than really, really high heels with shorts!

But NONE of these beats the chick in a tee shirt and undies!

AnnMorin - that would be one of those new dresses that's being sold on QVC for new moms...it makes breast feeding really easy!

- Ginny

OMG...This is :crazy:...you have me ROTFL :earseek:

Where have I been?!
I had NO idea there were such fashion shows on a Dis cruise?!
:eek:

One night in Studio Sea, during a family party of some sort, one of the cruise staff ladies had on a perfectly respectable blouse. But when the lighting changed (maybe to the black lights - I don't really remember), all of a sudden it looked like she was not wearing anything!! I mean her blouse AND bra disappeared. I don't know if she knew that was going to happen, but we all got an eye full - I'm not complaining or anything!!:o As she moved around the room (yes I'm still watching her), her top reappeared, and disappeared depending upon where she stood. I'm sure it was unintentional since she was a part of the staff and it was a Family activity.

Originally posted by gdulaney

AnnMorin - that would be one of those new dresses that's being sold on QVC for new moms...it makes breast feeding really easy!

- Ginny

LOL Ginny! Let me tell you that woman could feed a whole nursery!

I hear stories like these and of nude bathing on CC and all I can ask is

WHY DOESN'T THESE THINGS HAPPEN ON MY CRUISES?!?! :crazy:

I can't beat nipples or panties or mumus at Palo but I have to say, the funniest clothing I've ever seen was on a group of older women while we were waiting in line to get back on the ship in one of the ports (I can't remember which). They were all wearing RCCL t-shirts, hats and carrying RCCL mugs. I said "excuse me, but are you sure you're in the right line?" and they looked at me like I was absolutely insane and one said "this is where we got off!" and then the other looked around and noticed the RCCL ship across the dock and pointed it out to her friends. They thanked me and got off of the line, but I wonder just what was in those mugs they were carrying around! Somehow I just knew they were trying to board the wrong ship!

We were in Palo eating dinner, and saw a couple come in...dressed in cut off jeans shorts and faded/stained t-shirts, they were turned away. I could tell by the body language of them and the maitre' de that it was due to their attire.

But the best was walking into Parrot Cay for dinner behind a teenaged girl. She was on the chunky side, and had clothes on that had to have been at least two sizes too small. She was spilling out of the top, which was one of those midriff baring t's but came up to just under her boobs, and the skirt was so hiked up around her hips to get her into it, that we could see her underwear sticking out from under it in the back. Maybe her mother should have told her that if she was going to show off her panties they should at least be clean :P . Her father was in a tank top and brother was in shorts and a t-shirt with a rather rude saying on the back.

Does the 18 month old or so that kept taking his shorts and diaper off up by the family pool to play "Nekkaboy" count? LOL! His poor mother was beside herself--he just wanted to show it all off, and she would no sooner get him dressed and he'd be pulling it all back off again. :)

I would say that most of the people we saw looked great. The ones that stuck out REALLY stuck out.

Anne

that would be one of those new dresses that's being sold on QVC for new moms...it makes breast feeding really easy

I need one of those! LOL

WHY DOESN'T THESE THINGS HAPPEN ON MY CRUISES?!?!

Guess you'll just have to keep trying!:jester:

Does the 18 month old or so that kept taking his shorts and diaper off up by the family pool to play "Nekkaboy" count? LOL! His poor mother was beside herself--he just wanted to show it all off, and she would no sooner get him dressed and he'd be pulling it all back off again.

LOL!!!! (been there, done that!!) TOO FUNNY!:p :p :p :p

Where's Jeanny with the great smilies? I'm sure she'll find one to illustrate this!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad I started this thread...it has me ROFL!!!!!!
When I read Ann's nipple story, all I could think of was the Seinfeld episode with Elaine's Christmas card!! And the Nekkaboy just put the whole thing over the top :jester: :jester: :jester:
Maybe instead of a talent show, they should hold a guest fashion show.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Not too many fashion 'no-no's' on our cruise, but on formal night, my dh pointed out a family that was seated a couple of tables away -- the mom and kids were dressed to kill (mom in long gown and sons in suits/ties)and the dad was in a t-shirt (with some rude thing on it) and shorts with flip flops. Dh said he must have been trying to 'prove a point' to Disney and/or his wife.

Speaking of nekkie boy -- while in Cozumel, on our walk up the pier toward the ship, my teen daughters gasped -- there right out in the open, a boy, about 10 years old, relieving himself -- aiming in the water (and telling his mom to wait up)! It turns out he was on our ship, because my daughters ran into him later at the pool!:o

I've been enjoying all the different cruise fashion descriptions! Thanks for starting this thread Barb!

:jester: :jester:

Bobbi

Somewhat along the same lines, my wife and I have a game of finding the person who is most obviously surgically enhanced. We saw several good candidates on our first cruise. We have one woman at our neighborhood pool who is so enhanced every time we see her we just laugh.

woody64

Woody64
the person who is most obviously surgically enhanced.

and may God bless their doctors.

So much silicone and so little time.

Steve

Lisa F.....was this on the Western in January???? We were behind a ground of women in Cozumel who were in the wrong line and were giggling when they realized they belong on the RCCL line. Could it be the same group???

Also, along the lines of cosmetic surgery...anyone catch the new series Nip/Tuck on FX channel??? Very interesting show!!!

MJ

Hey, MJ--

I've seen all the Nip/Tuck episodes so far--and I can't decide yet if I like it or not! It certainly must challenge the censors.

I never planned on having any plastic surgery anyway, but this show would have me running in the opposite direction.

Karen

I had read this in the cruise line Passporter and it had me ROFL, so I thought I would share it with you all.

Shows in Palo?
This only has a bit to do with dining, but it's such a good story, we wanted to share it. On deck 10, way aft, there are a few deck chairs about, because it's a good, fairly secluded place to sunbathe. One sunny morning, there was a very attractive woman sunbathing on that deck. some time later she got up and, seeing a big mirror nearby, stood in front of it adjusting her little yellow bikini top and bottom, turning and admiring Mother Nature's (or her surgeon's) handiwork. She kept this up for a couple of minutes then packed her bag and left. How do I know this? Well that big mirror was the window next to my table in Palo. When it's bright outside and dark inside, those big windows reflect very well. The woman was totally oblivious to this, but most of the guests in Palo were obviously amused. So beware of big mirror's on the side of walls-they could be reflective windows!

I didn't really have any amusing stories like that nice t-shirt with panties, I did have a dining mate who always wore long jeans to the dining room...not to say he wasn't a nice guy...just a little underdressed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter