• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV Resales Trending Higher

I get the proximity argument of BCV but don't understand why it is valued so much higher than BWV. We stayed at BWV in Oct a couple of years ago and thought the proximity to Epcot was just fine. It was also closer to DHS than BCV. Surely the price difference isn't due to SAB?

Anyway, regarding posted prices vs. reality, it seems the ROFR thread is showing a much lower price trend than the advertised selling price. Are people really paying near VGF/Poly resale for BCV? Or is that just the wish while the reality is much closer to $100 on average? (depending on contract size of course)

I get the proximity argument of BCV but don't understand why it is valued so much higher than BWV. We stayed at BWV in Oct a couple of years ago and thought the proximity to Epcot was just fine. It was also closer to DHS than BCV. Surely the price difference isn't due to SAB?

Anyway, regarding posted prices vs. reality, it seems the ROFR thread is showing a much lower price trend than the advertised selling price. Are people really paying near VGF/Poly resale for BCV? Or is that just the wish while the reality is much closer to $100 on average? (depending on contract size of course)
It's a good question....when we were looking at contracts we were very focused on Beach Club. Not to say Boardwalk was a sub-par resort but we liked the feel of Beach Club and the proximity to Epcot. We also liked the tie in to Yacht Club which we had stayed at prior to becoming DVC members. SAB is also a nice draw for most....candidly my family likes the quiet pool at Beach Club better than SAB though.

We did a tour of a Boardwalk until while on vacation last April and we liked it but there is still something about Beach Club that makes it feel like our resort of choice. Last month we also bought direct at Grand Floridian which we love, and we are now actively seeking to add points in the secondary market at VGF.

Good thing about DVC is it offers a lot of different options for how you want to vacation. We paid up for Beach Club but I can certainly see the argument for saving some money and going for a really nice resort at Boardwalk as well.

I personally prefer the decor of the BCV rooms much more than BWV.

And the clown pool creeps my wife out.
HAHA so true. What in the world were they thinking with the crazy clown pool. Do some people actually like that thing?

HAHA so true. What in the world were they thinking with the crazy clown pool. Do some people actually like that thing?

Hah I do remember the clown pool as well. Granted if anyone wants to keep the BWV prices somewhat suppressed it's probably a good thing they haven't painted over that monstrosity. :)

Hah I do remember the clown pool as well. Granted if anyone wants to keep the BWV prices somewhat suppressed it's probably a good thing they haven't painted over that monstrosity. :)
And with the recent release of IT in theaters, a whole new generation will be freaked out by clowns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter