BCV Resales Trending Higher

NickBCV

Mouseketeer
It appears resale listings for Beach Club Villas (BCV) are trending higher lately by a lot. I have seem recent listings posted for $135 when last year they were around $95-$100. What do you all think is driving the big bump in price?

1) Lack of offerings available
2) News of Gondolas linking Epcot and Hollywood Studios for entry into the above BCV and Boardwalk
3) New ride offerings at HS (Toy Story Themed Section) and Epcot (Ratatouille in France and rumor of Brazil coming to international showcase)
4) Something Else?

Either way nice to see some upward pricing for those of us with BCV points.

Mostly 1, and knowledge that BCV is among the hardest resorts to book outside of home resort.

I doubt it's 2 and 3. Even with 25 years to go, new rides aren't a reason to commit for 25 years.

Mostly 1, and knowledge that BCV is among the hardest resorts to book outside of home resort.

I doubt it's 2 and 3. Even with 25 years to go, new rides aren't a reason to commit for 25 years.
I'd be fine with that....just seems like a big jump from year to year. maybe it is more of a seasonal thing though with very limited listings for some reason right now.

It's not just a BCV phenomenon. It is all resorts. DVD has increased buy back rates so resale inventory is lower and prices are moving up across the board.

Moreso it's the season. When it's time to pay the annual maintenance fees, more contracts will hit the market and bring the prices down a bit.

Moreso it's the season. When it's time to pay the annual maintenance fees, more contracts will hit the market and bring the prices down a bit.
Good point Scuba. I was thinking about adding some more points, maybe it's better to wait a few months.

Good point Scuba. I was thinking about adding some more points, maybe it's better to wait a few months.

Good thinking. I bought both my BCV contracts in late fall for a LOT less than they are now. For comparison, dvcresalemarket.com had about 25-30 listings at the time with only a couple pending.

My first contract was through dvcbyresale.com. The seller listed it at $99/point with almost all current UY and future points, so I just submitted a full price offer since it was by far the cheapest listing I saw, and haggling for a few hundred bucks and possibly missing out seemed like a worse plan at the time.

Good thinking. I bought both my BCV contracts in late fall for a LOT less than they are now. For comparison, dvcresalemarket.com had about 25-30 listings at the time with only a couple pending.

My first contract was through dvcbyresale.com. The seller listed it at $99/point with almost all current UY and future points, so I just submitted a full price offer since it was by far the cheapest listing I saw, and haggling for a few hundred bucks and possibly missing out seemed like a worse plan at the time.
I just added 25 points at VGF Direct to get the benefits back. Added to my April BCV contract so I'd love to get another April use year VGF contract for around 75-100 points.

Good luck. Adding on the same UY resale is always a bit limiting, but it can be done. Again, best around dues time as there will be more options!

Good luck. Adding on the same UY resale is always a bit limiting, but it can be done. Again, best around dues time as there will be more options!
I've seen that. April just seems so limited. I guess in a pinch for the right price I would take Feb or March as well. Even June.

I just added 25 points at VGF Direct to get the benefits back. Added to my April BCV contract so I'd love to get another April use year VGF contract for around 75-100 points.

This is what we are thinking as well. We also have an April use year. Our guide told us to call her back as soon as we have our membership # and she would check to let us know what was available. We are thinking AKL... Hoping it is available, but we have noticed the same, that April seems rare at some resorts (especially AKL--I believe April is the use year with the lowest point distribution at this resort...). We were thinking boardwalk as well as an option, but I think we would probably buy 50 if we were going to do that...

I'm waiting on ROFR for a Boardwalk contract that I put in an offer on the last week of August. I had been trolling all the resale sites since early July--got on all their email lists, downloaded apps, etc. just looking for a 220-275 point contract at either BCV or BWV. There was NOTHING coming up. Having researched the going rates on the ROFR thread, I was looking for around $95-$100/point. Finally, in the last week of August, a 270 pt BWV contract came up that was listed at $112/point. I low-balled them but they refused to budge, so I took it at $110/point. Looking back as recently as June, BWV contracts were passing ROFR at $91/point. So there's been a huge jump in both BCV and BWV prices and in my experience, it seems due to lack of availability. Looking at the price difference between June and now, I almost pulled out to wait for inventory to go up, but we are planning a big vacation for next August and I want to own and have the points before the 7 month mark.
I've continued to watch the websites/emails in case Disney takes this contract in ROFR, and aside from one other BWV contract that was almost the exact same (270 pts, loaded, $110/pt), absolutely nothing has come up at BWV or BCV over 220 points.

I'm waiting on ROFR for a Boardwalk contract that I put in an offer on the last week of August. I had been trolling all the resale sites since early July--got on all their email lists, downloaded apps, etc. just looking for a 220-275 point contract at either BCV or BWV. There was NOTHING coming up. Having researched the going rates on the ROFR thread, I was looking for around $95-$100/point. Finally, in the last week of August, a 270 pt BWV contract came up that was listed at $112/point. I low-balled them but they refused to budge, so I took it at $110/point. Looking back as recently as June, BWV contracts were passing ROFR at $91/point. So there's been a huge jump in both BCV and BWV prices and in my experience, it seems due to lack of availability. Looking at the price difference between June and now, I almost pulled out to wait for inventory to go up, but we are planning a big vacation for next August and I want to own and have the points before the 7 month mark.
I've continued to watch the websites/emails in case Disney takes this contract in ROFR, and aside from one other BWV contract that was almost the exact same (270 pts, loaded, $110/pt), absolutely nothing has come up at BWV or BCV over 220 points.

I hear you. I’ve also searched for BWV but needed a smaller contract than you. I found an almost fully loaded 150 points contract. Listed at 120$ also low balled them with 88$ we came to an agreement at 90$
Now waiting for the broker to send it to rofr. Once that is done I’ll post in the rofr thread.

I got my 250 BCV points last August for $105 a point. Felt like I paid too much watching other sales around $100 later that year but things have bounced back nicely. I love the April use year too. Works really well for our family.

I hear you. I’ve also searched for BWV but needed a smaller contract than you. I found an almost fully loaded 150 points contract. Listed at 120$ also low balled them with 88$ we came to an agreement at 90$
Now waiting for the broker to send it to rofr. Once that is done I’ll post in the rofr thread.
Wow! Well played!

That is so good. Gives us all hope for the great deal. Plus good advice. If you are not in a hurry, give a lowball offer a shot and see what happens. Worst case they say no and you look for another contract right?

That's what I'm thinking of doing on BCV I purchased in Feb.:)
Weird secondary market...VGF has some opportunities. I just placed a bid of $114 for a 75 point contract and it was accepted. Not sure if Disney will let it pass but I am hopeful.

Weird secondary market...VGF has some opportunities. I just placed a bid of $114 for a 75 point contract and it was accepted. Not sure if Disney will let it pass but I am hopeful.

I saw that on the ROFR thread! That's crazy low. I will be interested to see if it passes...I have always assumed anything south of $120 would be at risk, since that would give Disney a $65 flip...which seems to be in line with their other properties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter