Banned for life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he cannot say anything he wants.

What he said amounted to threats and could have started a panic and people could have gotten hurt.

The same as yelling fire in a theater.

He is free to say anything that is foolish and stupid, and he proved he is stupide and a fool., but he can't cuase harm .

AKK

Agree and Disagree. He's free to say whatever he wants without the government interfering. Up to and including yelling fire in a theater. And he did. He said stupid things. There's just repercussions for those actions. Like getting arrested in the case of yelling fire, or being banned from Disney World in this dude's case.

He did (and continues to make) stupid comments. Thus his right to free speech has never been impeded. The government can't preemptively remove someone's right to say things. That's what the first amendment is all about. Once it's out though, consequences of those words are fair game. You can't threaten people harm. That's assault. The government can't make laws banning you from threatening someone. They sure as heck can come down on you after you do though. That's the difference between Free Speech and consequence of speech. You can say whatever you like, but you can't say whatever you like and expect no reaction.

Ok, this a bit of semantics. By law you cannot yell something like Fire in a theater, BY LAW! The fact they will arrest him is the point.......Can he physically do it yes.......but he gets locked up and if anyone was hurt, could face lots of other charges, including murder. The government has by law preemptly removed his right, to protect other people.

I agree......stupid comments, he free to do as he wishes. This fellow continues to prove he's stupid. For a guy so despert to get back the WDW, arguing in public is not his best move!

AKK

Have you watched the videos? There was a very lively discussion about this on another site I visit. His prior encounters with security and other cast members ( besides the last one at the resort) are not a secret. Perhaps they too can be blamed on his self medication? Personally, I think that his being "medicated" at the resort may be one reason for his behavior, but it isn't a valid excuse.

This guy seems to be ramping up for a lawsuit. Disney isn't going to say a single word about this to the public, nor should they. But you're right- they will have the phone conversations recorded and camera evidence of him at the resort in the public areas.

^THIS

The only video I've seen of him was the TV news clip. But if he does have other videos that are as alarming, or has a history of confrontation with multiple CMs, then my feelings on the issue would no longer be mixed. If he is purposely making a nuisance of himself, then he is harassing Disney.

How does Disney actually go about banning someone for life?
if the "banned person" for example goes to DTD, and then takes a bus to any of the WDW hotels,
let say the Poly, how or who is going to stop him from walking into the hotel. There are thousands
of people who are walking around the Poly all the time, and unless security and the cm's walk around
with a book with photos of banned people (which I doubt), I am curious to how the ban can be enforced.
Assuming he never makes an ADR or another room reservation under his real name, how can he ever
"get caught"?

How does Disney actually go about banning someone for life?
if the "banned person" for example goes to DTD, and then takes a bus to any of the WDW hotels,
let say the Poly, how or who is going to stop him from walking into the hotel. There are thousands
of people who are walking around the Poly all the time, and unless security and the cm's walk around
with a book with photos of banned people (which I doubt), I am curious to how the ban can be enforced.
Assuming he never makes an ADR or another room reservation under his real name, how can he ever
"get caught"?

Disney uses facial ID and other ID systems at check in etc. By banning him form the property if he's caught, Disney can charge him with much more serious charges.

AKK

Oddly enough, I don't seem to find myself in situations like the one this guy is in. I guess my personal policy of treating people in service industries with respect is working!

I totally agree.....I have seen over the years more and more guest who think they can mouth off to CMs and other guests as they please, especially CM's as they know the CM's cannot say or do anything but try and keep their tempers and be polite. With this kind as abuse deal out to Cm's and other guests the old standard of the customer is always right is not in effect any more!

AKK

An interesting read on banned items/practices at Disney parks on Theme Park Tourist. http://www.****************.com/fea...sive-list-what-gets-disney-guests-banned-life

Reactions: eXo
your link was auto butchered. Still a great read though. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like the Trespass warning didn't get the Disney Springs memo

I know. I like how they have a stamp made up for "Trespassed from all Walt Disney property...." They must have gotten tired of writing it at some point and decided a stamp saved a little time.

Reactions: atp
I had been told about this story earlier this week but didn't take the time to read it until now because I wasn't sure it was even real as it seems insane that Disney would ban a guest for a joke and that they would want this type of publicity. I cannot believe they banned this person for life. Unless he did more than what the story tells, it makes no sense at all. Was it because there was a Cast Member involved and he was disrespectful to him?

I'm trying to understand Disney's logic because I have heard of (and sadly witnessed) more serious and concerning incidents than this and all Disney did was give the guests a mere warning, if that. Do they consider that it's okay to act poorly towards another guest but not a CM?

Disney is doing a lot of things that make me wonder lately. Oh to be back to the 90s when things were simpler and almost anything Disney was so much better.

A sad part of this event is the man stated he was on hold for 15 minutes waiting to hear if he could extend his reservation. This length of time on hold was the reason behind his comment. Everyone is focused on his comment on whether it warranted having Disney Security and Orange County Sheriff deputies showing up at 12:30 am.

With today"s technology it shouldn't take that long to look at room inventory and tell a guest there are no rooms available. If they had to check with a supervisor and it was going to be a lengthy process couldn't they have called him back,left him a voicemail, tell him they were with another guest and ask if they call him back after checking room inventory?

The family was on vacation and he wanted to extend it. That means he wanted to spend more money at Walt Disney World, correct? As a stockholder, I believe that is a good thing. I take that back,anytime a customer wants to hand you more money that is a great thing for the company. That means more income.

While Disney is a huge media company made up of multiple divisions. Late that night at Pop Century, they are nothing but a hotel company to this man and his family. Too bad, hospitality and consideration of the guest was not extended to him. Perhaps, if it was then this family would be spending even more money at the resort................

A sad part of this event is the man stated he was on hold for 15 minutes waiting to hear if he could extend his reservation. This length of time on hold was the reason behind his comment. Everyone is focused on his comment on whether it warranted having Disney Security and Orange County Sheriff deputies showing up at 12:30 am.

With today"s technology it shouldn't take that long to look at room inventory and tell a guest there are no rooms available. If they had to check with a supervisor and it was going to be a lengthy process couldn't they have called him back,left him a voicemail, tell him they were with another guest and ask if they call him back after checking room inventory?

The family was on vacation and he wanted to extend it. That means he wanted to spend more money at Walt Disney World, correct? As a stockholder, I believe that is a good thing. I take that back,anytime a customer wants to hand you more money that is a great thing for the company. That means more income.

While Disney is a huge media company made up of multiple divisions. Late that night at Pop Century, they are nothing but a hotel company to this man and his family. Too bad, hospitality and consideration of the guest was not extended to him. Perhaps, if it was then this family would be spending even more money at the resort................

Or... OR... The guy is a massive d-bag who's had multiple run-ins with Disney security in the past and his behaviour this time was the straw that broke the camel's back. Of course we only have his word that he's had multiple run-ins with Disney security in the past. What with him posting youtube videos flat out saying that he's had multiple run-ins with Disney security in the past.

You know how many run-ins with security I've had in all my trips to Disney World? Zero. You know why? I'm not a raging d-bag.

This dude wants to be a martyr. Don't buy into it. Even in his version of events he comes off sounding like a jerk to multiple staff over multiple years. Considering he's trying to make himself look good it says a lot towards how things actually went down.

This man was making threats, plain and simple and as such you don't take chances with the nut cases running around. Just becuase your unhappy does not give you the right to basicly yell fire in a theater. He could have cased a panic.

Like Ron White says you cannot fix stupid and if you say stupid and dangerous things you deserve to be banned just like he was.

AKK

Yelling fire in a theater is a lot different than making a silly comment about how long one had to wait. I hate to see something dangerous like the theater example being downgraded like that.

This man was making threats, plain and simple and as such you don't take chances with the nut cases running around. Just becuase your unhappy does not give you the right to basicly yell fire in a theater. He could have cased a panic.

Like Ron White says you cannot fix stupid and if you say stupid and dangerous things you deserve to be banned just like he was.

According to his statements and the fact that he wasn't arrested or even detained by legal authorities proves there wasn't a threat. If there was a threa he would be in jail. None of these events happened in a public area or venue. It happened on the phone not in a theater.

My post was about how Disney had a customer wanting to hand them more money. As a stockholder, I want this to happen. Poor Customer Service started this whole ball rolling........Does it really take 15 minutes to look at a computer screen and tell a guest whether there is or isn't a vacancy? It is a yes or no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter