• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Banned for life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Your job is to decide if someone is making a serious threat or not? What kind of customer service job do you have? I would hope in this day and age as we see more and more people coming unglued that any threat is taken seriously. I wouldn't want to be the one on the news going "Well, he said he was going to drive his car into the store, but I didn't think he was serious. My bad". Or "I though he was joking about having an explosive on him. Oops".

The man was a known trouble maker. At some point he should have learned to watch what he said to people and to not be such an epic jerk. Maybe his is the type that needs a hard lesson, and I'm glad Disney finally gave it to him.

I don't think for a second that was what the man said.....but just for giggles I will pretend he did.....it would be patently ridiculous to ban a man, never mind kick him out of the park for just saying what this guy said.....first of all, because its damn funny (please stop with the righteous indignation over drug use, its a joke)....second because it is not a threat, it didn't involve any specific act, or implied act.......so again I say, I don't believe for a second this is what this guy said. I m sure he is polishing that turd to suit his needs

Just in case anyone is still following this, I am the idiot, moron etc that you have been discussing.
The reason you have not heard the whole truth is because Disney does not want everyone knowing that they screwed up and came after the wrong guy. After months of investigation and disbelief that this could have happened to me, or anyone for that matter, I have found that security was looking for a meth dealer. They have had problems for some time with meth being distributed throughout their "World" to cast members and guests. Apparently even produced at their resorts. So I fit the bill, their algorithm went into overdrive and pinpointed me and my family because we had on magic bands and visited a park and three resorts in just a few hours. Guess they thought I was distributing.
Believe it or not, they still have me trespassed.

Still think there is more to this story. I find it hard to believe that the police are going to do a room raid at that time of night for something someone said. I mean, honestly, people say stupid stuff all the time and they don't get raids from the police department. Even someone that says they have a bomb in their suitcase is questioned first before being arrested for the deed. If they question and search someone and find it is unwarranted why may be fined, but I don't think they get arrested or banned from flying ever again, right? :confused3
I have a client that told her doctor that she "understands how people feel that go nuts and try to blow things up" in an attempt to explain her anxiety and get medication and the next time she tried to get on a plane she found herself on a no flight list for life. You would NEVER guess this about this gray haired, grandma, but it's true. I guess they don't play!:eek:

I'm just glad he didn't say that he could fly to the moon and back before getting some service. Could you imagine the mess left behind when the sheriffs raided his room to throw him a ticker-tape parade?
I just died! lol

Just in case anyone is still following this, I am the idiot, moron etc that you have been discussing.
The reason you have not heard the whole truth is because Disney does not want everyone knowing that they screwed up and came after the wrong guy. After months of investigation and disbelief that this could have happened to me, or anyone for that matter, I have found that security was looking for a meth dealer. They have had problems for some time with meth being distributed throughout their "World" to cast members and guests. Apparently even produced at their resorts. So I fit the bill, their algorithm went into overdrive and pinpointed me and my family because we had on magic bands and visited a park and three resorts in just a few hours. Guess they thought I was distributing.

This doesn't make any sense.

Do I believe there's drug dealers who target CM's? Quite possibly, lots of them would fit the demographic. Do I believe that any drug dealer would want to do a deal ON Disney property, with all the cameras and security, when they could just meet at the local Hess or the Dunkin Donuts across from Disney Springs (easy Disney bus transport, but not on property)? No, people who sell drugs try to avoid places with cameras and security.

But guests? How the heck would they get the dealer's name or phone number? Craigslist ad? DISboard banner? Hmmmm, nope. Not really an easy target, plus again, it makes no sense to do deals on Disney property where they have the ability to watch what you're doing, and most definitely would not make sense to do so in a park where you have to go through a security check prior to entering.

Finally, it makes no sense to pay 4x the cost of a decent off-site hotel just so you can cook meth with the Mouse.

"I accept responsibility for saying that, don't know where it came from," said Swindler. "Don't know why I said meth lab, I should have said, 'I was going to build an atomic bomb,' or something else. I didn't think anyone would take me seriously."

Why would you have said any of that in the first place? It sounds absolutely 100% random. I don't cook meth, so I would never say I could build a meth lab, because I honestly no idea how long it takes to build a meth lab. You made yourself convincing enough that they took you seriously so I'm not 100% sure that's exactly what you said. I visit a park and several resorts in the same day and not once has security pinpointed me or my family for being a meth dealer. So I'm not buying that part of the story. And then to say you should have said "atomic bomb".... how's that better?

Trespass warnings in Florida, from my knowledge since I live here and call the LEO for them often, are only good for one year and they have to be renewed every year. So, Disney security would have to know you're on the property before they could call the sheriff to get another warning. I'm not saying you should test those waters, but the law is a state law and Disney can't just change it because they feel like it.

Do I side with you that Disney overreacted? Possibly. If they found nothing in your room I see no reason to trespass you. However, if you made such a scene that they took you seriously they must have had good reason to do so. I think you worded what you said much differently than what you're admitting and I hope in the end, everyone sees their part in the story and they let you back on property if in fact, you're not any danger.

Last edited:
I once had a renter who lived a block away from me in a rental house. I got a knock on my door one day from the police. They had just busted that renter for manufacturing meth in my house. They tore it apart...they told me that what the girl had in there could have blown up all the houses in a two block radius. So I would think anyone mentioning cooking meth on premises is going to be taken seriously and treated as a nuisance.
How long does it take to make meth? And how would someone know this and use it as a point of reference?

If what you are saying is you were standing there minding your own business and they grabbed you for no reason I'm not buying it. If you did indeed make a joke about building a meth lab, then you got what you deserved. Not sure why you are looking for sympathy.

They have had problems for some time with meth being distributed throughout their "World" to cast members and guests. Apparently even produced at their resorts.

If you seriously believe that people rent Disney's rooms, which are priced way higher than those located slightly off property, to cook meth in...well then you've just answered a lot of questions that have been posed about you in this thread. Thank you and have a magical day.

But guests? How the heck would they get the dealer's name or phone number? Craigslist ad? DISboard banner? Hmmmm, nope. Not really an easy target, plus again, it makes no sense to do deals on Disney property where they have the ability to watch what you're doing, and most definitely would not make sense to do so in a park where you have to go through a security check prior to entering.

I'm not shocked at the idea of finding drugs on guests or guests finding drugs at WDW. I travel for my job - started when I was straight out of grad school at 21. I've spent most of the last 15 years getting on planes once or twice a week. I've seen drug deals go down, or be negotiated at a LOT of much nicer than WDW Deluxe resorts by seeming very well heeled patrons. Especially late night at hotel bars, I might be a getting a "go to sleep glass of wine" or let's be honest, a "go to sleep piece of key lime pie and skim milk" and reading, its been interesting the deals I've seen. I've been offered drugs to be procurred for me at a number of Ritz Carltons (my usual personal goto) by bellman, concierge, and bartenders. I have never taken anyone up on this of course, and usually only realize a few hours later when I'd say "hey travel companion, what was all that business about it snowing? we're in Cancun" to be told I'm an idiot:) but I bet it does happen at WDW, especially at the resorts. It kinda makes me happy that I've never seen it there, given my frequency of visits and my enjoyment of late evening nightcaps on vacation. I mean, my ex and I even mentioned how nice it was that it didn't seem to happen at WDW, but it wouldn't surprise me that WDW has to work at it really hard to keep drugs off property as much as possible.

Based on Breaking Bad only, doesn't making meth smell really terrible? Wouldn't that be pretty obvious? I'm seriously confused about this whole thing.

I saw another poster mention hitting multiple resorts in a few hours, and that's so me - never had an issue. Let's say Epcot through Illuminations, dinner at CG afterwards, then a cocktail at the Poly and then Uber back to the Swan, limoncello at Il Mulino, ending with a cocktail at the Dolphin by midnight. Never had a single problem with WDW security.

So again, seriously confused.

Based on Breaking Bad only, doesn't making meth smell really terrible? Wouldn't that be pretty obvious? I'm seriously confused about this whole thing.

I saw another poster mention hitting multiple resorts in a few hours, and that's so me - never had an issue. Let's say Epcot through Illuminations, dinner at CG afterwards, then a cocktail at the Poly and then Uber back to the Swan, limoncello at Il Mulino, ending with a cocktail at the Dolphin by midnight. Never had a single problem with WDW security.

Yes, it would smell pretty bad. In addition, it takes a bit to set up.

That means that it wouldn't be worth it to set up, sell for a night or two, then break it back down. It seems to me that most meth labs would not be in a nightly hotel. (<-- just my opinion) Instead you would want somewhere you could cook for a while. e.g. a rental house, long term stay motel, mobile home, shed.

(All of my knowledge of drugs, manufacturing and distributing, comes from jury duty.)

Now that wouldn't mean that people wouldn't sell drugs on property. It just doesn't make sense to manufacture them for distribution.

Shenanigans. I call shenanigans.

Honestly, if there is some drugs going around the resorts I wouldn't be that surprised. Addiction is addiction. It doesn't care where you are and if you are on vacation with your family.

I'm not shocked at the idea of finding drugs on guests or guests finding drugs at WDW. I travel for my job - started when I was straight out of grad school at 21. I've spent most of the last 15 years getting on planes once or twice a week. I've seen drug deals go down, or be negotiated at a LOT of much nicer than WDW Deluxe resorts by seeming very well heeled patrons. Especially late night at hotel bars, I might be a getting a "go to sleep glass of wine" or let's be honest, a "go to sleep piece of key lime pie and skim milk" and reading, its been interesting the deals I've seen. I've been offered drugs to be procurred for me at a number of Ritz Carltons (my usual personal goto) by bellman, concierge, and bartenders. I have never taken anyone up on this of course, and usually only realize a few hours later when I'd say "hey travel companion, what was all that business about it snowing? we're in Cancun" to be told I'm an idiot:) but I bet it does happen at WDW, especially at the resorts. It kinda makes me happy that I've never seen it there, given my frequency of visits and my enjoyment of late evening nightcaps on vacation. I mean, my ex and I even mentioned how nice it was that it didn't seem to happen at WDW, but it wouldn't surprise me that WDW has to work at it really hard to keep drugs off property as much as possible.

Wow if you are actually seeing that many drug deals at the hotels you stay at I would be looking elsewhere. Sounds like you were in Cancun though so that could be a bigger part of the equation. I've been to many conventions and hotels and yes while I believe there are drugs going on I've never seen a deal happen out in the open like a hotel lounge or bar.

Wow if you are actually seeing that many drug deals at the hotels you stay at I would be looking elsewhere. Sounds like you were in Cancun though so that could be a bigger part of the equation. I've been to many conventions and hotels and yes while I believe there are drugs going on I've never seen a deal happen out in the open like a hotel lounge or bar.

I have never actually seen an exchange! But I've overheard conversations and offers. I should have made that clear. I stay at really nice to normal business class hotels. I always thought it was a matter of "enough rich people in one place." Also, like with Starwood, I have over a 1000 nights with them, I've got platinum with Marriott too, Hilton a bunch too, so I have spent many an evening when I didn't want to be alone in the hotel room with room service (which is very nice some nights) reading at hotel bar/lounges. Its not every trip at all, but it for sure happens. Its worth mentioning its almost always guys in suits who I've seen be interested in the passing offer.

Also, I've seen it a lot more in NYC, Miami, and Minneapolis than other places. NYC I'm going to again give up to the amount of time I spend there, so the possiblities of hearing such are just a lot higher. In Minneapolis I stay at a large hotel, pretty much with all other business people and the bar area is happening, that kinda seems like it'd be a target. Miami? I don't know? More of a party attitude?

Last edited:
I have never actually seen an exchange! But I've overheard conversations and offers. I should have made that clear. I stay at really nice to normal business class hotels. I always thought it was a matter of "enough rich people in one place." Also, like with Starwood, I have over a 1000 nights with them, I've got platinum with Marriott too, Hilton a bunch too, so I have spent many an evening when I didn't want to be alone in the hotel room with room service (which is very nice some nights) reading at hotel bar/lounges. Its not every trip at all, but it for sure happens.

Also, I've seen it a lot more in NYC, Miami, and Minneapolis than other places. NYC I'm going to again give up to the amount of time I spend there, so the possiblities of hearing such are just a lot higher.

Oh I live here so yeah the offer happens. Sometimes it is business buddies just messing with each other. I know a few guys in my office that when they walk up to their friends will lead off with stupid stuff like that. Of course our local dealer does business in the lot behind our apartment building. The only reason I know that is because I daily have to walk through the smell of bad weed and see the young adults and teens buying from these guys. The neighborhood is up and coming so slowly pushing them out.

Oh I live here so yeah the offer happens. Sometimes it is business buddies just messing with each other. I know a few guys in my office that when they walk up to their friends will lead off with stupid stuff like that. Of course our local dealer does business in the lot behind our apartment building. The only reason I know that is because I daily have to walk through the smell of bad weed and see the young adults and teens buying from these guys. The neighborhood is up and coming so slowly pushing them out.

I really do figure if there are lots of rich, ego laden people in one area, probably traveling for business (the business class hotel bar for instance), that the opportunity to sell some drugs is greater. I haven't seen it at WDW, but I just wouldn't be surprised in the least.

I have never (to my knowledge) watched a drug deal go down on Disney property. I have never (to my knowledge) seen anyone using drugs on Disney property.

I am going to hazard a guess no one has ever built a full-blown meth lab in a Disney resort room.

With that said, I am very familiar with addiction, particularly meth. Have I seen Disney guests who I suspect are high? Oh yes. Have I seen guests who I suspect are coming down from highs? Yes. Do I think guests have scored drugs on Disney property? Without a doubt. If you're looking and know the right things to say and the right people to ask, you can probably find what you want fairly quickly and without a lot of hassle.

To the above poster who was banned, I suspect there is more going on there than you and Disney are sharing. If Disney did in fact deem you a threat, I'm going to assume they felt they had good reason, whether from that interaction or previous ones. I'm going to side with Disney on this one unless evidence to the contrary is released.

Disclaimer: I've only ever seen one episode of Breaking Bad, so I can say that all of the above comes from personal experience and not a TV show.

You are on the wrong board. Folks here are going to back Disney unless you can offer some sort of solid evidence that you were wronged (assuming you really are the person in question). You should just move along. Assuming you are telling the truth, if they did that to me that wouldn't have to ban me - heck, they would have to pay me to come back.

For me, I can see Disney over-reacting to protect their image and patrons. A lot of companies do so. There are consequences for actions - consequences for both Disney and the patrons. I don't have enough data to takes sides. Just move on with your life and visit Universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter