Balcony View Pics - Show us your view

Havent they said it going to be DVC?

Any clue when they are going on sale?

I saw another thread where they were talking about it in detail. I believe papers have been filed citing a DVC, but they haven't made any official announcement. I THINK the docs said completion of first phase in Spring 2009?

Its worth doing only A) if you do it once in a a life time or B) you take short trips... Paying that much for over what I normally take a 10night vacation there is WAY WAY WAY to much. I did it with OKW and got lucky, but I just cant see paying that much for a great GF or Contemporary view over that long. If you were just doing it for 2-4 nights, then do it, and take advantage of it if you stay in your room alot. I am not in the room much at all, so its not near as important to me

I think this depends. Everyone's situation is different, and what each person really values is different. We treated ourselves to a long stay at the Contemporary that time, and to us, it was worth every penny. We could have my son go to sleep early, and we had the balcony and Wishes to ourselves every night. I was also pregnant at the time, and WAY TOO TIRED to go out in the evenings. This was a perfect solution for us.

We then bought into DVC, because we plan to go to WDW often and this would be way more economical. This is why we would so love the DVC there. :)

I saw another thread where they were talking about it in detail. I believe papers have been filed citing a DVC, but they haven't made any official announcement. I THINK the docs said completion of first phase in Spring 2009?

:)

Would they not go on sale till its complete? I ask because the wife and I have been thinking of buying into DVC, and being on a monorail resort would be great...

5thfloorview.jpg

547straight.jpg

Beach club villas

I think this depends. Everyone's situation is different, and what each person really values is different. We treated ourselves to a long stay at the Contemporary that time, and to us, it was worth every penny. We could have my son go to sleep early, and we had the balcony and Wishes to ourselves every night. I was also pregnant at the time, and WAY TOO TIRED to go out in the evenings. This was a perfect solution for us.
We then bought into DVC, because we plan to go to WDW often and this would be way more economical. This is why we would so love the DVC there. :)

ditto :)
we go at least 7 days each time (at least 2x a year), & balcony view is one of the most important parts of our vacations.
perhaps it is b/c we don't spend so much time at the parks anymore, instead enjoying the resorts & lesser known "attractions"......but having coffee in hand while watching the BW "wake up", & watching illuminations from our BW view balcony definately matters to us (we have changed our vacation dates when we were unable to get "BW view" ~ it truly is that stunning:cloud9: )

Our room was the second balcony from the left (above the "A" in arcade). This was a standard room, water view.

WDW2007022.jpg

And here are our views:

WDW2007004.jpg

WDW2007003.jpg

WDW2007144.jpg

WDW2007146.jpg

Would they not go on sale till its complete? I ask because the wife and I have been thinking of buying into DVC, and being on a monorail resort would be great...

My experience with this stuff is that they go on sale way before the point of completion. I used to work for a "vacation ownership" company, and the developer was selling those suckers as soon as he had the land!! LOL I am exaggerating a bit, but not much!!

I am sorry but I do not have a Balcony View Picture to hand.

My recommendation for something out of the Disney World but on Disney is Animal Kingdom Lodge. Go to Google.com and type in Animal Kingdom Lodge and take a virtual tour, its fantastic and lives up to expectation, but it is pricey!

I have tried posting the websitte address, but an error message appears on this posting

:banana:

I am sorry but I do not have a Balcony View Picture to hand.

My recommendation for something out of the Disney World but on Disney is Animal Kingdom Lodge. Go to Google.com and type in Animal Kingdom Lodge and take a virtual tour, its fantastic and lives up to expectation, but it is pricey!

I have tried posting the websitte address, but an error message appears on this posting

:banana:

you need more posts. Join in on the daily riddle or another game and you will get the post count up. :welcome: to the DIS:yay:

I LOVE this pic from our Pool View room at AKL during April 2007.
5-5-07012.jpg

Here is a picture from our 5th floor room (on the Kudu Trail)at AKL overlooking the Arusha savanna last May :cloud9:

DSC01468.jpg

This is from a 6th floor pool view room in October of 2006. We had nice views of the Uzima savanna, which you can see beyond. Isn't this photo relaxing?

DSC00895.jpg

Room 1501 Poly Hawaii (concierge)
IMG_0071_2.jpg

IMG_0069_2.jpg

IMG_0070_2.jpg

And not the greatest photo, but here's a fireworks view:
IMG_0568.jpg

At home at the Boardwalk
FireworksviewBW.jpg

Were these fireworks from MK or EPCOT? To figure out a good time to be here to see this, is why I am asking. We plan to come here to BW our first arrival night and this would be a great place to bring my family who has never been to Disney. :goodvibes

Were these fireworks from MK or EPCOT? To figure out a good time to be here to see this, is why I am asking. We plan to come here to BW our first arrival night and this would be a great place to bring my family who has never been to Disney. :goodvibes

It would be MGM..er, DHS, would'nt it, since it's behind the Boardwalk? You can see the MK fireworks from the BW, but you need to be facing the other direction - beyond Epcot.

Does anyone have standard rooms at POR or POFQ? I looked on the other thread but all those pics are missing:sad1:

It would be MGM..er, DHS, would'nt it, since it's behind the Boardwalk? You can see the MK fireworks from the BW, but you need to be facing the other direction - beyond Epcot.

OK, Thanks. That makes more sense. I remember the noise pop, pop, pop but didn't pay too much attention to the direction of them. So if DSH then what show? Fantasmic? Thanks. popcorn::

These are water-view photos from the Dolphin, taken when we stayed there a few weeks ago. We didn't have a balcony, though. (Tip: join the Starwood program if you want to stay at the Dolphin--you get a FREE upgrade to a better room when you check in! We paid for a standard view but got a water view). Edited to add: That's the Tower of Terror in the background of the first photo).

P1020435.jpg

P1020442.jpg

P1020440.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter