Back from USF,IOA and Citywalk for New Years Eve Party! WOW!! Part 1

louise1928

Mouseketeer
Universal Studios, Island of Adventure and CityWalk New Years Eve 2002 Party!!!!

12-29 - 1/1/02

Airport: Saturday, December 29th 2001

We arrived at the airport (Phila International) about 2pm (3 1/2 hours before takeoff) I thought it was too early for a 535pm flight, but my hubby insisted it was the best time to arrive...He was 1/2 right, but he was more so excited than anything else..

We deciced to drive to the airport and park our car at Kinney Airport shuttle lot and leave it there for 3 1/2 days...That worked out fine, sinc we got $2.00 off per day using AAA.
Total bill $27.00

We checked our bags outside the airport (which I find very convenient when there are no lines) and proceeded to the security checkpoints..This is where the fun began.
:D

My hubby checked through without a problem, but two of my bags (a small carry on duffle and a mini-pocketbook) sounded the alarms and I was asked to open my bags and remove my shoes.. But I did not have a problem with it, they were all doing their jobs and I felt safer knowing they were.. Once that was over, we proceeded to our Gate, confirmed our seats, and decided to get a bite to eat! The airport is definitely not a place to enjoy a good meal without gagging at the prices.. Next time we will bring our lunch from home.

Our flight was full to capacity, families, couples, etc, the flight left on time, and it was a smooth ride! (As much as I hate flying, I love to travel). People are definitely getting back out there since 9/11. It was nice to see the excitement and anticipation of the passengers in route to their destinations...

Once we arrived in Orlando, and proceeded to baggage claims I was pretty amazed at the size of this airport. (Huge is the only way to describe it!).... Since we did not rent a car for a 3 night stay (Our main focus was the two parks and citywalk) we paid for Roundtrip transfers via Mears Shuttle Services to our hotel at $23.00 pp. Not bad considering we were 10 miles away....

Finally we are on our way to the hotel!!!!!

From this point on I will give our analysis of each place starting with the hotel and using my scale of 1-10, 10 being the best!
(But I warn you, as a rule, I give nothing a 10!!, but if it gets a 9 or 9.5, consider that my best score.)

Hotel: Holiday Inn Universal (Kirkman Road)

This was our 3rd choice hotel, since we could not get ressies at the Radisson Twin Towers or Sheraton Studio City.

Location: 9.5 Across the street to the entrance of both parks!

When we arrived at the hotel, the hotel bellboy was right there waiting for us, (as if he knew we were coming), helped unload our bags, and took them to our rooms....

Lobby area, guest services: 8
(The staff was rather friendly, and helped us when we needed it)

Rooms: 7.5
The rooms were very clean, a few minor glitches but nothing to yell about, and it was very spacious! Bathrooms were clean, and maids did a good job with changing beds daily, and giving us fresh towels and washcloths daily. Moderately decorated...Nothing fancy but nice...

This hotel has a TGIF restaurant adjacent to it, so that made it convenient for dinner the first night, and breakfast each morning...

TGIF: 8
Dinner was typical, we thought the prices were slightly higher than back home, but we only ate dinner there once, but the breakfast buffet was really good and affordable...$5.99 pp...
Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, grits, fruit, cereal, etc.

Stay tuned for Part 2 of my report.....USF,IOA, and Citywalk!!!!!

:bounce:

Great start to your reports. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter