Back from SSR, AKV and BCV w/photos June 20-July 8, 2007

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
I finally have time to start my TR

This was our Family Reunion trip:thumbsup2 We had 1 Grand Villa and 9 studios at SSR for 4 nights and 42 people:wizard: My family loved SSR!! The secret is definitely out, they didnt want to leave! :scared1: :rotfl:

The first 4 nights we stayed in a Vacation Villa at Highland Reserve in a 4 bedroom and it was really nice, especially for the price. We pretty much had people arriving each day leading up to the reunion at SSR which started on June 24th so we opted for the home instead of several hotel rooms. Great choice and we had a nice relaxing time hanging out at the house, swimming, and watching movies.

Sunday morning I went to SSR to check all 42 of us in. I've been coordinating this reunion since January, and everything went as planned. It was around 10 am and the Grand Villa was ready!! They also granted our requests for Congress Park DTD view!! The front desk went above and beyond to ensure we had a smooth check in. It was truly magical from the time I walked into the Lobby. :love:

We gathered at the Grand Villa and everyone was in AWE at how nice it was. This was our first stay in a GV also so I was really excited. I went back and forth about spending the points, but the GV allowed us to all have a gathering place. We had all the rooms by 3 pm and only 1 problem out of 10 units and that was fixed by 4pm.

We only slept 8 in the GV and 2 of them were our boys. We didnt use the living room for sleeping and that kept it open for everyone to visit.

We had family meals each night and that was fun, because many of the adults did not go to the parks so we hung out and talked and cooked. Im at WDW at least 3 times a year, and we stayed for another 10 days after everyone left, so I really enjoyed spending that time with everyone while they were there.

SSR was a perfect location. We had a midnight BBQ and swims at the main pool, the young people went to DTD and the movies, we took a sister trip on the boat to DTD and walked around and then back to SSR, we played games at Community Hall and took walks around the resort. We sent the oldest sister to the spa for a pedicure as her special gift and she loved it!!

It was truly a miracle and I dont regret 1 point I borrowed!! :rotfl:

Sounds like a wonderful trip. 42 people...I'm in awe. :worship:

I'm glad it worked out so well for your family.:goodvibes

Looking forward to your pictures.

Amazing...42 people 10 units....:yay:
it is great to hear that you had a good time and no complaints :)

Wow!!:) That sounds like a trip that you must have done much planning for. Good for you!! I am so glad everyone seemed to have a great time!!

It is also nice that you had some "alone" time with your immediate family, too. I enjoy vacationing with family, but I love when it is just the 3(immediate family) of us alone, too.

that is so great!

so.. how many points did you borrow??? :teeth:

I am glad to hear of all your fine work paid off in the end! You are surely a great planner,and i know that first hand! if you need to rent any points for your next trip, im here for you.;)

What a great idea! I am so impressed! We have tossed around the idea of having a family reunion in Gatlinburg, but I have never thought about Disney. How many points did all that take? I guess I could figure it up... just curious to see if I could swing something like that, it sounds wonderful! How long had it been since you had seen everyone?

I'm speachless! So glad you all had such a wonderful time

Thanks all,

wdwstar, I will gladly pay you on tuesday for some points today:flower3: :laughing:

All these years of Dissing and DVC, DCL really helped me prepare for this reunion.

The last 2 times we were together were sad events (funerals) and many had expressed the desire to come together for a happy event.
We've never had a family reunion and it just seemed like such a formidable task. Many of the nieces and nephews were starting to graduate high school and I know how difficult it is to get the young adults back so I knew it was now or never.

So January 2007 I called MS and booked the studios for June scheduling around school schedules and graduations. I just closed my eyes and jumped. I sent out emails to family to let them know the dates and what to budget. I figured that if it all blew up on me, we would just take all those holding points and have a grand DVC party, just me, Dh and the boys:love:

There were some stressful times with MS, as I got caught in the rule changes that were put in place to stop commercial renting. It had always been my dream to show my family the world and many of the changes could not have come at a worse time. I worked with them and thru them and sometimes around them. All the DVC ads always show the large families together and I bought that image in spades and no way were a bunch of hoops going to keep us from having our dream. Not all MS reps are created equal;)
But I met plenty of highly capable ones over the months:thumbsup2

I worried poor MS to death, It truly takes a Village to put something like this together, and MS and DVC and the DIS were my village.

Sorry but true, I lost track of points a long time ago. I dont want to know!! Im borrowed out to 2009 and we added on at AKV in the process, but it was sooo worth it. I am totally over the fear of borrowing! I dont care if we are borrowed out til the end of 2054! I just decided to go for it and live on the edge. I treated our first family reunion like it was our last and went all out.

That GV was WONDERFUL!! I just couldnt see owning DVC and then the 1 time I could really use the GV not getting it because I could save points. Each bedroom upstairs was the equivalent of a studio (w/o the kitchenette) and then we still had all of the downstairs which was like a house in itself.

All was not lost however, you will be happy to know, that DH and I did get the Master:rotfl:

I have pictures of AKV Sav. View studio and a report to add to this thread, but my photos are on snapfish and I can only get the thumbnail to show. Please help! ( I know I have been thru this before but I cant get it to work)

34%3A768648%7Ffp3%3A8%3Evq%3D3272%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E979%3EWSNRCG%3D3235%3C94%3B94469vq0mrj

34%3A768648%7Ffp3%3A7%3Evq%3D3272%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E979%3EWSNRCG%3D3235%3C94%3B94474vq0mrj

34%3A768648%7Ffp3%3A8%3Evq%3D3272%3E%3B%3C%3A%3E979%3EWSNRCG%3D3235%3C94%3B94487vq0mrj

WOW....what an awesome trip you planned.....

That is truly a trip of a lifetime.....to have all of your
loved ones at WDW:love: :cloud9:

So happy all of your hard work paid off...
Thanks for sharing.....
Kerri

Wow, now I know who to go to when I start planning our family trip for Oct/Nov 2009. I've pulled off Disneyland for our 25 of our family in 2005, now they want WDW. I can't wait to show them the World.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!

Wow, I thought my trip for 24 was big. I am so happy that you had such a fabulous time.

So did you reserve the GV in January too? Someday I would love to stay in one.

What a trip :)

Sounds awesome, shame you can't get your photos to load properly would've loved to see them.

Your trip sounds wonderful. I am so happy to hear everyone had a magical time. Hats off to you for planning for so many people.:thumbsup2

You are a person that I hope to emulate, but really...we don't have 42 people to invite!

I'm so happy that you had such a great great trip!!! I've read your story aloud to my DSis and she just smiled:goodvibes

Bobbi:goodvibes

I'm speechless!! 42 people:scared1:
You have my utmost respect for pulling this off and have just earned the new title SUPER DUPER PLANNER.

This has to be a record??? Sounds like somebody should post a new poll??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter