"Baby" and "Taken" in VMK, express your opinions.

i hate it and i am tired of it i ESP. the not even worn baybies what are they, sweaters! ;) but really lets end it!

tinkerjo said:
ok im sure about 50-80% of ppl do the hole taken thing... i personaly do not do it and do think it is wrong! but however if vmk wouldnt let ppl do the taken thing a lot of ppl would stop playing vmk i agree with both sides( good or bad)
if less ppl play that means more rare for us;)

Okay please realize I am against taken but I feel like I need to point out something.
You Should:

Have fun!
Hang out with your friends.
Chat with new people.
Respect other people's views and beliefs.

For more information to make gameplay as safe as possible, please read the Safety Section of Help.

Disney reserves the right to use any means, whether tech-led or people-powered, to uphold the VMK Values. The VMK management also reserves the right to refuse admission and may report anyone who breaks the law to the authorities (yes, that means the police).

Please read our full Terms of Use and House Rules.

Underlined and bold it says:
respect other peoples views and beliefs.
I see a lot of people telling everyone dont do taken. Isn't it breaking a value to tell them to do something they believe or feel is right. Now if they start to describe sexual acts than it's wrong. But if we go up to someone and tells them not to do taken it's almost like someone telling another not to believe in god.

Hello everyone.
I'm quite ashamed at the fact that most people on this board are so outspoken about a game. It's almost turned into elitism. I'm going to give you ten good reasons that taken and bay be exist.
1. Look at the VMK characters that normally do taken and bay be. They are normally new people to the game. Without taken and bay be, they probably wouldn't have that good of a time playing this game. Which brings me to point number two..
2. Some people played this game just for taken and bay be. Without this, many people would leave VMK and that would cause more of the magic to leave. Disney and VMK staff are trying to bring in a vast audience and by not cracking down on this, they allow more people in VMK.
3. Referencing above, VMK is a giant advertisement. ( I know big shock ). By allowing people to do want they want in game (within limits ), they get a larger audience.
4. Those against taken and bay be.. Have you ever done it? I have and it is probably one of the best things i've decided to do with this game. I met very nice people and became good friends with a lot of people. Through this "game", i've gained more friends than if i just talked to random people.
5. Have you ever been to a room labeled "Home" or something like that? If you have you will notice that most don't have a lot of furniture. But if the taken and bay be thing is done properly, you can have a better room than if you built one alone.
6. Expanding on the point above, people do taken and bay be to help gain items. Most of you against taken spend most of your time in trade rooms and in dicussions with your friends. But most people can't be in trade rooms because they have nothing worth trading. So, people do taken and bay be in exchange for it. Nice people donate items to their bay be so they allow them to be successful on VMK, or to make people happy.
7. What's so bad about having imagination? Isn't that one of the points Walt Disney based his company on? Isn't there a ride at WDW dealing with imagination? So people are not being true to who they really are...Is it really that bad? Some people talk of predators on the internet. Isn't one of the VMK Values not to give out personal information? As long as people do this and as long as VMK cracks down on these predators (as they have been), i see no problem with it.
8. One thing i've learned about life is that if something bothers you, try to coexist with it first. Try and cooperate with them and learn some patience. If people are so impatient about that, there is something called the "ignore" button. ( Another Big Shock ) Ignore the people who annoy you. Plain and simple.
9. Most VMK characters are kids in real life (Third Big Shock). And they emulate, or imitate, what they see in real life. It's how people learn. They are pretending to be their parents or a teenager with a significant other, because that's what they see in real life. It's a natural human reaction to do this. And where do bay be fall under this rule? Well, people pretend to be little kids because it finishes the family. I've had discussions with several players on why they do bay be, and for most it's because they are just playing pretend. AND WHAT'S SO WRONG ABOUT THAT?
10. There is a strong hierarchy is this game, and for most new players, it is EXTREMELY hard to get to the level of the trades i see on most days. It's not easy being new to the game, and unfortunately there is no possible way to allow new players to gain an item that is really rare. Because if it was that easy to gain an extremely rare item, everyone would do it (or create mules for it). Most kids ( again, it's mostly kids that play this game ) don't have the time, energy, or attention span to do the same quest four times with four separate characters and then trade all the items to one character. So, since their is almost no way for these kids to get the beta, the inferno, the stitch hat, the sparrow suit, etc., they occupy their time with something else in the game. And that something else is the taken and bay be.

I am sick and tired of seeing the outright elitist behavior of some people on this board. Just because you guys where on VMK first, have lots of stuff, or just are following the DIS crowd, does not mean you can be mean or look down on other people. I saw DIS members in the past few weeks:
1. Make their own day care to laugh at bay be who wanted to find friends.
2. Protest in day cares and on Main street, including chants like "Burn the Baybe" ( i don't know how you were not banned for that )
3. Try to Scam a Bay be out of her stuff by offering a crown and then saying "It won't let me press accept, give me your stuff and i promise to give it to you" ( You know who you are )
This is even worse behavior than what taken and bay be represent. VMK is a game for everyone, and people should not be excluded for playing it differently.
I know most of you will probably skip right past this but if i can convince one person to even consider that taken and bay be is not wrong, then I've done my job
Thank you for reading.

wow i have never seen so many opinions in one post! well here is my philosophy:
baby is kind of imature and annoying so i dont do it. but thats just my opinion, you can do what ever you want. i used to think taken was ok, but now i think its odd too, because you could end up going out with a little 5 year old or something. oh but once, i saw these 2 ppl "making out" in fantasy land in the sky. everyone was like uhhhhhhh this is odd....... but anyway, vmk is not nearly as bad as another chat game like it, habbo hotel. on habbo you can say almost anything you want with practically no rules or bans. now i know what you are thinking, yes, sex happens, cussing happens, its all there. they game makers even have a bed as a choice of furniture. thats why i dont play that game. so here's my point: you have to pick and choose your choices. if you want to participate in taken and baby good, but you cant take these things to far. its just not safe.

Jeffcat said:
Hello everyone.
I'm quite ashamed at the fact that most people on this board are so outspoken about a game. It's almost turned into elitism. I'm going to give you ten good reasons that taken and bay be exist.
1. Look at the VMK characters that normally do taken and bay be. They are normally new people to the game. Without taken and bay be, they probably wouldn't have that good of a time playing this game. Which brings me to point number two..
2. Some people played this game just for taken and bay be. Without this, many people would leave VMK and that would cause more of the magic to leave. Disney and VMK staff are trying to bring in a vast audience and by not cracking down on this, they allow more people in VMK.
3. Referencing above, VMK is a giant advertisement. ( I know big shock ). By allowing people to do want they want in game (within limits ), they get a larger audience.
4. Those against taken and bay be.. Have you ever done it? I have and it is probably one of the best things i've decided to do with this game. I met very nice people and became good friends with a lot of people. Through this "game", i've gained more friends than if i just talked to random people.
5. Have you ever been to a room labeled "Home" or something like that? If you have you will notice that most don't have a lot of furniture. But if the taken and bay be thing is done properly, you can have a better room than if you built one alone.
6. Expanding on the point above, people do taken and bay be to help gain items. Most of you against taken spend most of your time in trade rooms and in dicussions with your friends. But most people can't be in trade rooms because they have nothing worth trading. So, people do taken and bay be in exchange for it. Nice people donate items to their bay be so they allow them to be successful on VMK, or to make people happy.
7. What's so bad about having imagination? Isn't that one of the points Walt Disney based his company on? Isn't there a ride at WDW dealing with imagination? So people are not being true to who they really are...Is it really that bad? Some people talk of predators on the internet. Isn't one of the VMK Values not to give out personal information? As long as people do this and as long as VMK cracks down on these predators (as they have been), i see no problem with it.
8. One thing i've learned about life is that if something bothers you, try to coexist with it first. Try and cooperate with them and learn some patience. If people are so impatient about that, there is something called the "ignore" button. ( Another Big Shock ) Ignore the people who annoy you. Plain and simple.
9. Most VMK characters are kids in real life (Third Big Shock). And they emulate, or imitate, what they see in real life. It's how people learn. They are pretending to be their parents or a teenager with a significant other, because that's what they see in real life. It's a natural human reaction to do this. And where do bay be fall under this rule? Well, people pretend to be little kids because it finishes the family. I've had discussions with several players on why they do bay be, and for most it's because they are just playing pretend. AND WHAT'S SO WRONG ABOUT THAT?
10. There is a strong hierarchy is this game, and for most new players, it is EXTREMELY hard to get to the level of the trades i see on most days. It's not easy being new to the game, and unfortunately there is no possible way to allow new players to gain an item that is really rare. Because if it was that easy to gain an extremely rare item, everyone would do it (or create mules for it). Most kids ( again, it's mostly kids that play this game ) don't have the time, energy, or attention span to do the same quest four times with four separate characters and then trade all the items to one character. So, since their is almost no way for these kids to get the beta, the inferno, the stitch hat, the sparrow suit, etc., they occupy their time with something else in the game. And that something else is the taken and bay be.

I am sick and tired of seeing the outright elitist behavior of some people on this board. Just because you guys where on VMK first, have lots of stuff, or just are following the DIS crowd, does not mean you can be mean or look down on other people. I saw DIS members in the past few weeks:
2. Protest in day cares and on Main street, including chants like "Burn the Baybe" ( i don't know how you were not banned for that )
3. Try to Scam a Bay be out of her stuff by offering a crown and then saying "It won't let me press accept, give me your stuff and i promise to give it to you" ( You know who you are )
This is even worse behavior than what taken and bay be represent. VMK is a game for everyone, and people should not be excluded for playing it differently.
I know most of you will probably skip right past this but if i can convince one person to even consider that taken and bay be is not wrong, then I've done my job
Thank you for reading.
Very well said. Just press ignore if your so upset. And I think the " Burn The Bay Be " is VERY innaropriate(sorry if spelled wrong).

Jack, I will give a few words of advice. This goes for all you Burn the Bay be crowd too. Give it up. Yes there are a few who take it too far, but why punish the rest. They are a small minority with a big voice. VMK themselves say Bay be is NOT against the values, so Live and let live. Ignore, hang out with dis who don't do it. Something! But don't take away the magic from these people who are having fun. :furious:

Rant Done! :)

taken doesnt bother me but bay be is just stupid. i have done it and have gotten scammed by a bay be but i dont do it anymore and think its stupid and annoying. i was the one that posted about that anti taken bay be march with the person that said to burn the bay be but i just joined for fun and it was on my other character and i didnt say anything

Taken SHOULD be agenst the VMK values. Haveing a girl or boy friend (girlfriend for me) in real life is ok i mean i like a lot of girls (but i still dont have a girlfriend). But in VMK its just not right. Because on the web its not 100% safe. You never know it could be some 80 year old in the middle of who knows where smokeing and drinking bear with 1,000 ex-wifes going after a kid on the net. You never know!

It really is very simple! If you have a problem with what someone else is doing... JUST LEAVE! and if they are in your room then boot them, you never need a reason to boot someone from Your room. Or if your somewhere talking to a friend or trying to trade/play a game the ignore button is also an option.
Please try to have some Respect for what others want to do :thumbsup2

And if all these thing do not work for you, Then it might just be Time to find a different game.

I know of this little button, it says ignore. It lets you not see what they say! It shows their mouth movingm but no words. :)

I think the whole thing is so stupid. Just because ppl dont have a boyfriend/girlfriend in rl, they want on on vmk. Myfriend stopped playing because she could not find a boyfriend.

Taken is not right punkskateboarder said it's not safe, I mean its ok to like girl/guys in real life but still come on people who really knows who your talking to, (Unless you do really know them in real life)

I was in this mummys twin room for WebmasterKelsie and their was a boy in their that's like I need a mummy and everyone's like No you don't. He kept saying that for like ever. Anyways what really confused me is in the end he said he don't do baby and this was just a test :confused3

Jeffcat said:
Hello everyone.

Thank you for reading.
very well said bc sadly i am 10. no i dont have mules i dont do quests i dont do trades and guess what i only 7 credits right now!
for the baby fine i addmit it i did baby but so did WWEDude and im sure other kids did it too when they first joined
btw i wonder why cpnjack is the only one starting theses threads (cpnjack please dont take this the wrong way)

punkskateboarder said:
Taken SHOULD be agenst the VMK values. Haveing a girl or boy friend (girlfriend for me) in real life is ok i mean i like a lot of girls (but i still dont have a girlfriend). But in VMK its just not right. Because on the web its not 100% safe. You never know it could be some 80 year old in the middle of who knows where smokeing and drinking bear with 1,000 ex-wifes going after a kid on the net. You never know!
Okay this is driving me crazy:

Taken SHOULD be against the VMK values. Having a girl or boyfriend (girlfriend for me) in real life is ok. I mean, I like a lot of girls (but i still dont have a girlfriend). But in VMK its just not right. Because on the web its not 100% safe. You never know it could be some 80 year old in the middle of who knows where smoking and drinking beer with 1,000 ex-wifes going after a kid on the net. You never know!

And by the way, don't start sentences with but or because.
It's just like playing 'house' in real life. VMK is aimed at 8-14 year olds. As long as it's not describing an sexual acts to players (which is a value) it's just like having a really close friend. I agree with CaptainBrain, just click ignore. It isn't any of your buisness what others do. You are not them, so don't worry about having to deal with that topic. The end. Enough said.
I don't do it because I don't want to have a relationship with someone in that way, esspecially if I hardly knew them.

We really need to close this thread. People are doing all these rants. It's making everyone feel uncomfortable. Everyone who hates this: press the IGNORE button! Please stop doing these rants. :guilty:

ktbutterfly2011 said:
Why was this thread made? NO it is not against values, YES you can do it if you want to. If you don't want to do it... that's fine with me. If you want to do it... that's also fine with me. As long as you aren't doing sexual stuff against vmk values I REALLY DON"T CARE! Don't report people just because they do baby,taken ect. That is pointless and stupid. And the'res really not much you can do about it until VMK says it is against values which I don't know if they will but they aren't now so why bother? And, Cpt.JackSpearow... or anyone else for that matter who is all " They could be sexual predators... you don't know who you're talking to. ect." Are you going into chat rooms and telling people this... are you going on message boarding sites not as safe as the dis and telling people this? They're gonna find a way to get to people eventually... EVEN if it is not through vmk.

End of opinion/rant... O wait. P.S. Why SHOULD the mods keep this thread open? Its just gonna go into a debate... when I saw this thread I just went into debate mode because that's how I am. OK now. Official end of THIS opinion/rant.
s

No i do not go onto other sites and say this stuff if i have problem i go to VMK and tell them about it.

And this is not lucky for you cause i go into debate mode also and guess what?
My opinion is the opposite.

I think that they should stop all of the taken and baby thing. If not the taken then at least the baby thing. VMK was a wholesome good website until this started, not ppl walk around on VMK begging ppl to take them. People walk around VMK saying i need a mummy.
They get mad because they say that there mummy wont let them where big people clothes, and truthfully i am sick of hearing it.
I say it is ok if you know the person you are taken with for real, say in real life they are your boyfriend or girlfriend, that is fine, but this taken has gone much farther than that.
People think just because other people are doing it makes it right, well its not.
OVer half these people are just children, Until you are a teen i beleive it is wrong for a child to have a boyfriend/girlfried.
Some guy came in my room and asked me if i was taken, he said the reason was that his girl just left him. I said no and he would not leave, so i left.

Now if this were Jhonny Depp asking me if i was taken that would be a whole different story.
But its not.

i mean really, my mom & i had a convo about this. it is VIRTUAL LIFE!! you know...isn't that what vmk is about!? collecting rare stuff, hidden mickeys, CHATTING WITH OTHERS & MEETING NEW FRIENDS - HINT HINT -

i mean come on - really - it isn't that terrible that vmk will close for it. i don't know what is up with the whole, "I'm trying to save VMK by spreading the message to not be taken." WHAT THE FLIP! sorry - i can't help it. -
I actually talked to VMK_Bingo one time, my friend ( in real life ) was over my house and she was banned from VMK for 10 years. She asked me to ask bingo to un-ban her. I asked, she said she CAN'T MAKE THAT DECISION. apparantly, my friend told me later on that she wrote make out and all that stuff. so i looked like a moran in front of vmk staff, but that was ok - it was for my friend. ;-) LOL

so - of course follow vmk values, maybe not have a boy or girl friend, but when they ask you, say, "I am not going to be taken, but i'll be your very close friend." if they like you that much, they'll respect your decision

that is my opinion. i don't mean it in a nasty way - its just the way i think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter