"Baby" and "Taken" in VMK, express your opinions.

Cpt.JackSpearow

When Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures A
MODS I ASK YOU IF YOU CAN PLEASE KEEP THIS ON THE MAIN BOARD

Ok so everyone here knows about baby and taken right?

Here is the VMK Values
Use ANY hacking, scripting or editing program with the game.
Steal other Players' credits or in-game belongings.
Describe sexual acts to other Players.
Pester people who don't want to talk to you.
Swear or use sexually graphic or racist terms.
Ask other Players for their passwords, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or other personal information.
Type your password anywhere except in the Disney registration and log-in pages, or in the Contact Us section.
Give away, trade or sell your VMK Character.
Break the law in the game or talk others into breaking it.

The breaking the law pretty much goes with the other bold.

Ok so you all think baby, and taken is cute. Have you ever realized what is so bad about it? Probably not.

You all think myspace, xanga and other chat is bad because of predators and sexual harrasment.Then what is VMK? Some safe childs game? WRONG and all of you may think I am wrong. No offence to adults, but half of them out there sexual predators.. and you think taken is OK!?!?!Disney has no idea what VMK has turned into, I tell you if I never been to disney before and played VMK with all the taken and baby I would not go to disney AT ALL. This stuf in the game messes up VMK magic not to mention you dont even Know who you are taken with and its also sexual graphic and sexual acts. Isn't the game supposed to be for 8-14 year olds? YES, then why is everyone doing teen stuff like taken, going out, go to the movies, make out. THAT IS NOT DISNEY SPIRIT OR ANYTHING LIKE WHAT DISNEY IS. Same thing with baby. Are you a baby in real life? No, but I know its playing house which is fine, NOT. Once again you dont even know who your mummy and duh duh are in real life. They can be predators. Just think of what this does to disney magic and what walt would say.
I HOPE YOU READ ALL OF THAT!

well said!!! however, you may want to change the title of your list to Here are some things AGAINST the VMK Values, it confused me at first (yes, i know i'm stupid). maybe for VFT you can somehow have only dis people play so that you know everything is safe (or fairly safe).

Why was this thread made? NO it is not against values, YES you can do it if you want to. If you don't want to do it... that's fine with me. If you want to do it... that's also fine with me. As long as you aren't doing sexual stuff against vmk values I REALLY DON"T CARE! Don't report people just because they do baby,taken ect. That is pointless and stupid. And the'res really not much you can do about it until VMK says it is against values which I don't know if they will but they aren't now so why bother? And, Cpt.JackSpearow... or anyone else for that matter who is all " They could be sexual predators... you don't know who you're talking to. ect." Are you going into chat rooms and telling people this... are you going on message boarding sites not as safe as the dis and telling people this? They're gonna find a way to get to people eventually... EVEN if it is not through vmk.

End of opinion/rant... O wait. P.S. Why SHOULD the mods keep this thread open? Its just gonna go into a debate... when I saw this thread I just went into debate mode because that's how I am. OK now. Official end of THIS opinion/rant.
s

This issue has been beat and drug into the ground way way way too much. If you are that unhappy with VMK's opinion on something like this, it is past time for you to move on and find something else that will or does make you happy. The answer is NOT to keep protesting about it.

Well said, CpnJack. But please try to ignore taken and baby if it bothers you so much. :)

Cpt.JackSpearow said:
MODS I ASK YOU IF YOU CAN PLEASE KEEP THIS ON THE MAIN BOARD

Ok so everyone here knows about baby and taken right?

Here is the VMK Values
Use ANY hacking, scripting or editing program with the game.
Steal other Players' credits or in-game belongings.
Describe sexual acts to other Players.
Pester people who don't want to talk to you.
Swear or use sexually graphic or racist terms.
Ask other Players for their passwords, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or other personal information.
Type your password anywhere except in the Disney registration and log-in pages, or in the Contact Us section.
Give away, trade or sell your VMK Character.
Break the law in the game or talk others into breaking it.

The breaking the law pretty much goes with the other bold.

Ok so you all think baby, and taken is cute. Have you ever realized what is so bad about it? Probably not.

You all think myspace, xanga and other chat is bad because of predators and sexual harrasment.Then what is VMK? Some safe childs game? WRONG and all of you may think I am wrong. No offence to adults, but half of them out there sexual predators.. and you think taken is OK!?!?!Disney has no idea what VMK has turned into, I tell you if I never been to disney before and played VMK with all the taken and baby I would not go to disney AT ALL. This stuf in the game messes up VMK magic not to mention you dont even Know who you are taken with and its also sexual graphic and sexual acts. Isn't the game supposed to be for 8-14 year olds? YES, then why is everyone doing teen stuff like taken, going out, go to the movies, make out. THAT IS NOT DISNEY SPIRIT OR ANYTHING LIKE WHAT DISNEY IS. Same thing with baby. Are you a baby in real life? No, but I know its playing house which is fine, NOT. Once again you dont even know who your mummy and duh duh are in real life. They can be predators. Just think of what this does to disney magic and what walt would say.
I HOPE YOU READ ALL OF THAT!

None of this has to do with taken or baby as a whole. Taken and baby are not against any of those rules you highlighted. And those that are taking it farther than baby and taken are 9 times out of 10 being found and banned. As far as the predators go, true it is possible that they could be out there as some of these people, but then again, they could just as easily be out there as some of those who don't do it.

Also you talk about the parks and if you saw this type of stuff there all the magic would be gone. However, when I was younger, my parents used to act like they were the kids and I was the parent sometimes just for the fun of it. Running around like "fools" asking if they could ride this or buy that. Sure sounds like the same thing to me as what happens in VMK.

Ignore it? I have seen anti baby and taken rooms and babies and taken people still come!! I cant go in 1 room anymore without it.

if it bothers you this much, don't spend some much time in the public rooms (i only hang out there when i need to). i hang out in my own rooms, find a project to work on (the slide event helped a lot this summer, otherwise i'm not sure what i would have done), and try to meet up with people from the dis. work on organizing a club, or another ride team, and you'll find that you don't have enough time to spend hanging out in public rooms listening to that stuff. also, just a note, over the past few days, i feel as though i haven't seen that much taken and baby.

Cpt.JackSpearow said:
Ignore it? I have seen anti baby and taken rooms and babies and taken people still come!! I cant go in 1 room anymore without it.

Well maybe, if it bothers you that much - you should find another game to play. As in real life, there are things that I see that I would not like to see. I just choose to avoid it. Maybe you should do your best to avoid it - or avoid the game if it is such a bother to you. VMK is monitored very closely for the things you have described, if taken ever got extremely carried away - I am sure they would do something about it. Leave the monitoring and the rule making to the makers of the game.

I go to trade rooms all the time. And guess who is there!! As you said, dont hang out in the public rooms, there is too many babys and people that do taken! IT TAKES AWAY THE MAGIC because I love to hang out in the public rooms. I go to my friends rooms, Babies and taken people. I hate it, its anywear and everywere.

I recently asked myself why this was allowed and when I spotted a CL I asked them why It wasn't against VMK values. She told me it was allowed as long as it doesn't go to far. My friend im not saying names, likes to make guy accounts and find girlfriends on it. I find this very disturbing and every other day or so I go on the account to change the signature. Everytime I do this I find many mails form at least eight different girls saying " I Love you bay be." (gag me)

I mean if the taken thing took place in real life you would go up to some random person in the streets and ask "Do you want to go out?" (again gag me) which I find totally stupid. Plus you don't know who the person is. Heck they could be a 46 year old dude murder rapist or something! I mean come on people! Don't be so stupid.

valeriesunshine said:
Plus you don't know who the person is. Heck they could be a 46 year old dude murder rapist or something! I mean come on people! Don't be so stupid.

Why does everyone bring this up in their arguments?? Like mentioned before true you don't know who the other person is and they could be like that, but your best friend on there that doesn't like the taken and baby stuff could also be the exact same person. So what?? Close down all of VMK because of this??? If you are saying to do away with taken and baby because of that same issue, then you would have to answer yes to that last question as well.

Cpt.JackSpearow said:
I go to trade rooms all the time. And guess who is there!! As you said, dont hang out in the public rooms, there is too many babys and people that do taken! IT TAKES AWAY THE MAGIC because I love to hang out in the public rooms. I go to my friends rooms, Babies and taken people. I hate it, its anywear and everywere.

well, almost anyone can tell you i'm basically a hermit in vmk (if a hermit's what i think, lol!). i consider the popular guest rooms (i am refering to trade rooms) public because guess what? they're open to the public!!! going to one of these rooms is like going to a public room, and therefore, you'll find the same type of people in these rooms as the public guest rooms. i can tell this really is bothering you so why don't you ask your friends to put their rooms on friends only??? this will keep out some unwanted visitors (don't you hate it when you invite a friend and all their friends end up following them??? that's why i try to keep rooms on friends only, or i sometimes boot the unwanted visitors depending on their behavior).

i believe that for all the bad stuff in the world, there's more than double that amount of goodness, and it's up to each of us to find that goodness and promote it.

sorry to make you read through all that!!!

yeah i know what you mean about losing the magic though. advanced mode is nice, but it takes away a lot of the feeling.

valeriesunshine said:
I recently asked myself why this was allowed and when I spotted a CL I asked them why It wasn't against VMK values. She told me it was allowed as long as it doesn't go to far. My friend im not saying names, likes to make guy accounts and find girlfriends on it. I find this very disturbing and every other day or so I go on the account to change the signature. Everytime I do this I find many mails form at least eight different girls saying " I Love you bay be." (gag me)

I mean if the taken thing took place in real life you would go up to some random person in the streets and ask "Do you want to go out?" (again gag me) which I find totally stupid. Plus you don't know who the person is. Heck they could be a 46 year old dude murder rapist or something! I mean come on people! Don't be so stupid.
Thank you!!

okay, i'm editing this because the thing i was quoting has been removed i think (and with good reason, if you removed it mods, thank you!)

You know that part in high school musical where some creepy ppl are auditioning for the play and the teacher says "Well that was...... very disturbing. go see a counselor."? I keep hearing that in my head when I see the taken stuff

valeriesunshine said:
You know that part in high school musical where some creepy ppl are auditioning for the play and the teacher says "Well that was...... very disturbing. go see a counselor."? I keep hearing that in my head when I see the taken stuff

wow, now that's probably going to happen to me. maybe i should say that next time i see something like that.

It doesnt really bother me. If they want to do the taken and baby, let them. It not going to completely ruin the game and take away the magic. Having somebody say "are you taken?" Doesnt ruin the game. All you have to do is ignore it. Thats why we have an Ignore button :) If you dont like what you hear then press the ignore button.

ok im sure about 50-80% of ppl do the hole taken thing... i personaly do not do it and do think it is wrong! but however if vmk wouldnt let ppl do the taken thing a lot of ppl would stop playing vmk i agree with both sides( good or bad)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter