B B Boutique, should we spend $$$???

How do you preorder the photo cd?? We will be going to WDW for the first time in March and plane on going to BBB monday (DD3 and DD5). We plan on the castle package, but what is the deal with the photo CD? What pics are on it? thanks

Just wanted to say that BBB was the highlight of our trip. And we were there for four weeks. I had really been concerned about the price, but ended up doing the castle package for my two girls, and I was so glad I did. My girls are 3 and 5 1/2 and this was just so special. They adored every single second. The photos are gorgeous, I really had a hard time chosing which pictures I wanted printed as part of the package. There was also a photopass photographer in the boutique taking pictures throughout the entire process which was great as I had pre-purchased the photopass cd. The only problem with it that we had was that our appointment was at 10:30 and we had a 12:20 appointment for CRT. We thought that this would be plenty of time but as you have to go back to near the entrance for photos, we were 40minutes late for CRT. So if you are planning anything for after, allow plenty of time.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Just so you know, you can do the Photo Shoot at any time. It doesn't have to be right after your appt. We did BBB at 8 am, then played all day and went to Exposition Hall around 5.

They give you all the make up they use on your princess, so we just used that to do touch ups, and dd looked like she'd just walked out of the boutique. They use so much hairspray, the hair doesn't move for days. (Even after going on space mountain and teacups mulitple times)

Everyone else in the park was getting a spot for the Castle lighting, so we had the photographer all to ourselves and she really went out of the way to do some awesome shots.

The pictures were all on our photpass and I added the BBB logo from the photopass website before I ordered the cd.

Totally worth it!

Just so you know, you can do the Photo Shoot at any time. It doesn't have to be right after your appt. We did BBB at 8 am, then played all day and went to Exposition Hall around 5.

Totally worth it!

We thought about waiting until after lunch but knowing our 3yr old this was not a good idea. It was hard work trying to keep her clean through lunch.

We did BBB for our 5 and 8 year old in December, and we are so glad that we did! It is a once in a lifetime thing to do... but worth it.

My 8 year old really wanted to be Mulan, and when I called BBB reservation line, they couldn't confirm if they had that particular princess. So... I bought a Mulan costume when they went on sale after Halloween from the disney store online- it was great! Even got the shoes. All for pretty cheap, I thought!

Once at BBB, my 8 year old slipped on her costume and then we had her just do the hair and make-up package while her younger sister got the full package since she was getting her costume at BBB.

The price is high- but just bring the costume along- our 8 year old was constantly asked where she got her costume since it wasn't available at BBB which she thought was pretty cool!

If I ever had to do again (which we won't! :rotfl: ) I'd bring the costume/shoes with me. Don't bother getting a crown- because when the girls get their hair done, BBB gives you a tiara with the hair-do-- and don't get a wand or anything if you are planning to eat at CRT because they will get a wand there, also.

I say go for it- one time is all you need, and at the *perfect* age, it will be a delight for all!

Just a quick question...my daughter who is 10 and will be 11 next time we go really wants to have just her hair, make up and nails done but she was wondering if you still get the sash or do you have to be completly made up to receive it...

My DD (4) had it done. It was so wonderful. She had the complete package. It wsa so fun shopping with our FGiT. She showed my Emma all the different dresses. Once Emma picked the dress, we waited about 15 minutes to go back to our dressing room and in it was the dress and all the accessories that go with the dress. It was so beautiful.

We then got her hair and make up and nails done. It was like a dream for her. She looked beautiful. We loved every second of it!

Do it and have fun.

Thank you, she will be so happy....

When my daughter (8) got her hair and make-up only done this past December, she received:
Tiara
Rhinestone Mickey Mouse Barrett (They place on the back- below the bun for an up-do)
BBB Sash
Eyeshadow to keep
Lip gloss to keep
Nail polish to keep
And some little jeweled face sticker things that they put on with the make-up to keep

They really made away like bandits... I think your daughter will love it!

All of the comments have made up my mind to take our 5 yr old when we come this December for our first trip ever to WDW! Thanks!:thumbsup2

How old are your kids? My DD is just 3, and I'm not sure she would let peopel mess with her hair for very long.
Also do you have to purchase a photoshoot package to get them on your photopass? Or can you just have one done? And what about DTD. I am actually considering doing this our last morning for something to do.
I have slightly looked at the BBB thread, but I had a hard time loading it up with all the pictures on it and I have dial up. Is there a link I can check out for the different packages.

I just booked my seating at BBB and I'm a 19 year old princess going to have a makeover. I'm very excited and I've seen several kids go and have this done and have a blast. My DBF's little cousin had this done when she was 3 ( I believe she's 5 now. I dunno if it was around 2 years ago, heck if I know) and he said she did fairly well.

I am a scrooge with money, but I do plan on doing this. I am not a girlie girl. I bite my own nails. My daughter doesn't, and has asked me to paint her nails, but I've never done it before. I do not know how. I am probably the only person on the planet whose grandmother told her she needed to wear more make-up!! She also has long gorgeous hair and other people are always doing things to it to make it look fabulous. (like for my step-brother's wedding) All I can do is brush it and leave it straight. There is no way on earth I can recreate the look on my own... I have several dresses I will bring from home: Cinderella bride or a couple of others that my sister who works at a Disney store and my mom who found a clearance sale on Pocohontas and Cinderella with us for her to wear there and to a character breakfast.
Christine

Christine
I must be a scrooge. I am just one of those people who don't think its worth it! I am bringing a costume from home, some ponytail holders, a $2.00 crown, and some "pixie dust" and I can re-create the look myself in 5 minutes.
I think the "funnest" part is walking around the parks all dolled up, and I can make her dolled up for free.
Hmm, so many other things I'd rather do with our time I guess.

But have a wonderful time!

How old are your kids? My DD is just 3, and I'm not sure she would let peopel mess with her hair for very long.
Also do you have to purchase a photoshoot package to get them on your photopass? Or can you just have one done? And what about DTD. I am actually considering doing this our last morning for something to do.
I have slightly looked at the BBB thread, but I had a hard time loading it up with all the pictures on it and I have dial up. Is there a link I can check out for the different packages.

You do not have to pay for the photo shoot nor do you have to pay for it to be on your photopass cd you just have to pay for the cd w/ all of your pics on it. It can be done at both BBB locations MK is located in the Exposition Hall and DtD is located in Guest Relations there.

This link is for the first post about the packages and prices and what they include. If you would like anymore info just send me a pm and I will see what I can do to send you some more info or photos if you would like.
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=16564685&postcount=1

I wasn't gonna do the BBBoutique but now after reading this thread I am reconsidering! DD will be celebrating her 6th Bday on our last day and we will be going to Princess Storybook Dining - Restaurant Akershus in Epcot for lunch. Would I have time to take her and DS~8 B-4 our Ressies? Would DTD be the best location to go if we have to be in Epcot afterwards? Also could do it on our MK day, but there is no princess meal scheduled that day. ON our MK day we are going to the Crystal Palace.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

We were at WDW in Sept for our very first vacation. We really struggled w/whether to do BBB or not. We knew it was a lot of money... we have two daughters. DD5 and DD8 ended up doing the Castle Package. They both loved the "shopping experience". To us, it was worth the almost $400 we spent at the BBB.

DD5 posing at Exposition Hall

Disney065.jpg

DD5 seeing herself for the first time w/her FGIT Daisy!

Disney012.jpg

Now, I will never regret doing for the girls, but if we go back I would probably do a smaller package.

A few tips.... you can take the cheaper route by Taking your own dress, if you have a photopass card you can get pics taken at the Rose Garden and Exposition Hall. (The only difference w/the Castle Package is those pics can go into a special BBB Photo folder. You get an 8x10 4 3x5 (3 poses) it was beautiful. You get a sash w/any package if I am not mistaken.

To answer the question about Hair styles.... The pic above is the Disney Diva it came with the Mickey (pink) barrettes, crown, hair extensions.

The fairy-tale princess is simliar in that the hair is back in a bun minus the hari extensions. It comes w/an adorable little crown.

The pop princess is a 'colorful' hair style.... I am not computer savy or I would show you the pics from our brochure. I have seen others post it here on the boards though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter