Auto Train Coach Seats - Upper or Lower Level?

Respectfully, how does the rest of your bamboo turn out? I'd reread what you wrote here
but I don't think I want to hold her (or pass her around from adult to adult) the entire trip, either
every time you consider not buying her a seat.

We are returning for our 9th WDW trip on the AT

We have traveled coach in upper level. the sway isn't too bad at times. The lower level bathroom doors don't get closed after their use and can bang all night long. We had that lovely experience while traveling sleeper lower level.

If the train is not full you can spread out. they tend to keep families with kids together.

I would get a ticket for the youngest. Our youngest to travel was 14 months old. We had a seat for him. DH took the foot rest of the seat and pulled it all the way up to create a wall. We took a pillow from home and DS slept on the seat cushion the whole night. We did alternate seating next to him during the night. There was no danger of him falling off the seat bc of the foot rest being in an upright position. Last year DS4 (now) slept on the footreast and seat botton the entire night. I raised the footrest to be level with the seat bottom and he slept pretty much the full night. When he was 2 that was a hard trip to hold him and sleep at the same time.

It is 18 hours on the train but the majority of it is during the night. Most kids are lulled to sleep by the rocking of the train. Make sure to bring her favority blanket and soothing toy. Pack extras in diapers and snacks/drinks in the event of a delay. I use to wear DS when traveling btwn trains bc it does rock fairly well. It allowed me to use both of my hands to hold on (esp if it rains).

HOpe this helps. Let me know if you have any other ?"s

I have a few pics of the upper level coach seats. None of the lower level though. Sorry.

This is my nephew doing his homework on the fold down tray table. Outlets are located by the window.

This is my nephew in his seat. he had plenty of room.

My daughter getting comfy for the night

The view toward the rear of the train
I hope these helped you a little.

We stayed in the lower level and the seats are the same as in the picture of the upper level. The big bonus was that there were only a dozen or so seats in the lower level and only one other person beside our family of five was in the lower level on our trip. This meant that each person had two seats to stretch out on for sleeping at night. Nobody can walk through the lower level from car to car so it is much quieter than the upper level. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter