Australiankaren waves goodbye

Sunburn in WDW doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as sunburn at home!!!
Glad you had a nice day even though it was crowded.
Have fun!

So Karen, now that you have seen POR and know that it is my point of reference of WDW hotels, do you think I'd be disappointed to stay at POP? Our youngest DD may now be able to fit on the Murphy bed at POR if we go back in a few years time so I think the next least expensive onsite option for a family of five is two rooms at a Value. I just don't think I would like them very much after having experienced POR :confused:

Glad to see your having fun in the sun! Iust say I am sooooo disappointed at the lack of clown car now. You better make up some new jokes to give me a laugh!

Karen, I need your help. I have no idea if it's worth staying at AOA mermaid room or just to stay at POP. I think AOA is more than POP. :confused3 If so, is it worth paying more for it? I have just the 2 kids.

Great to hear your at the happiest place on earth. :banana: 5+ months for me. :crazy2:

I agree, it's okay to get sunburnt if its Disney sunburn:thumbsup2
I can't imagine being in those sort of temperatures at the moment, after a long long Sth Island winter I am ready for warmer temperatures.
All the best for your move to BLT tomorrow:)

Packed or not, I'll be more than happy to trade places with you....and be there at the World.

Yep, woke up AGAIN at 5.30 am, dh is snoring the William tell overture.....so am now sitting in the empty food court having my bagel:coffee: and diet coke..god I love my diet coke over here...I'm sure they put catnip into it....:scratchin anyway, today's events are as follows

Wake the princess around 8 am, get him dressed and over to the food court around 8.30 am.....we worked out yesterday it took us from 4.45 to 7.30 am to get dressed and fed before MGM :rotfl2: that must be a new record of incompetence....

Swim a bit at the computer pool til around 10 then prepare to check out and check in at BLT. Now regardless of my griping re pop, we do enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of this value resort. The king bed is comfy cozy, the food court is a people watching meca, and the computer pool is never busy, deck chairs as far as the eye can see.....so we will be back . Just maybe not for a week, but for us the 2 nights was just right. I would recommend pop over the other resorts, the price is right and they always seem to have free dining, so would be good for families. Just get 2 rooms, and it works out cheaper than a family suite at AOA.....with dining you wouldn't use the kitchenettes anyway, and all rooms now have a bar fridge.

My only ongoing gripe with pop is the customer service at front desk..but OMG ladies, they delivered my Memphis box to my room last night...:cool1: came home and there she was, looking a tad well worn but intact...so excited. This was the order I did first and then they dismantled and I only got half the stuff, but hey, DH now has his grumpy thongs, so he's happy. I got one of my T shirts that fits well, the GK's stuff also was there....so what can I say......thank you Memphis!

Back to my day, we'll check in at BLT, fingers crossed they give us the high floor even number room i wanted, but doesn't really matter that much. We'll pop over to wilderness lodge to have lunch, a swim and then back to room to get ready for liberty tree tavern for dinner and MK EMH......exciting times ladies, exciting times.

So to sum up my pop experience...you get what you pay for re customer service, but the rooms are great, the food court a laugh, the pool lovely, the buses ran well and the price was good. So stay here if you can.

Ok,everyone must be logging on as my Internet just slowed to around turtle speed.....so will finish off and chat later.....

Just get into your frontal lobe you are not staying at a 5 star, that this is a value resort and therefore the customer service is a bit sketchy, and all will be fine. Once you accept that they won't be waiting on you hand and foot ( I do enjoy the waiting on hand and foot option) you'll come to enjoy the experience. The kids will love this place, there are so many things to see and so many new friends to make........and it's not like we are moving in and picking out furniture....so my recommendation is stay at pop, expect to maybe wait a bit more for buses, and that the food court food is a bit more non healthy compared with moderate resorts , that you may have to wait a bit longer at front desk.

Thanks for the review. AoA has gotren some great 5 star reviews but some of them also mention sketchy customer service. I think we will stay there rather than 2 rooms at a value or moderate just for the fun factor. We are usually not that picky when it comes to service and we usually dont swim so it might be ok...

Hope you have a great day :)

Mum from oz said:
Glad to see your having fun in the sun! Iust say I am sooooo disappointed at the lack of clown car now. You better make up some new jokes to give me a laugh!

Mum from oz, if i I went over to BLT and decorated their car like a Moomba float, would that put a smile on your face?

^^^ Funny!!!! :rotfl2:

Karen, glad you will be moving to BLT today! I haven't stayed at POP but I visited last time I was at WDW to have a look. I decided that, whilst it looked fun, I don't think I could stay there!! :confused3 I did love going around the grounds taking photos of the icons there, though!! :goodvibes
I think your summary sounds fair - it's all in the mindset, isn't it? :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2
Your days sound good - except for the 530am wakeups! Oh and DH's snoring!! :rolleyes2
Thanks for keeping us updated - it makes fun reading while I'm at work..!! :surfweb: (Thanks to the DIS mobile app! :))

We stayed there for 6 nights of a split stay in 2010 and thought it was great. We had stayed at WL on the previous 5 nights. The kids love love loved the pool area and also the big icons around the resort. We were impressed with the buses, much quicker than the WL ones. We didn't have problems with the service at check in but can understand these things happen. My DH thought the food in the food court was sub par but the kids and I didn't mind it. I liked their vege lasagne.

I'd stayed there again for a split stay, no problems and if I was trying to work to a tight budget, I wouldn't hesitate to choose it.

Karen - sounds like you guys are really enjoying yourselves. Lots of swimming, sleeping and eating. What more can you ask from a Disney holiday.

Wow, it's been a while since I have heard the William Tell overture and now I have it stuck in my head............. I usually float round work these days doing one Disney tune or another but not today!!!!! Many thanks to your DH for my work colleagues entertainment for the day!!!!!:rotfl2:

So glad to hear to you are enjoying yourself and no soup is in sight:thumbsup2

I am reading every single little detail as I will be planning our very first WDW trip when we get back from the trip next month! I am sure there will be loads of things I need to know so will be picking your brain, and the brains of the other well versed WDW experts, for information overload!!!

Hope the Disburn is not too painful!!!!

Have a great day:beach:

Sun, pools, good food and a hubby that sleeps his life away so I could go out exploring...:thumbsup2 My idea of heaven. Keep up the good work!!

We just had a weekend away down the Gold Coast- b* freezing still-no pool for me though did get sunburnt checking out the sculpture festival one am...and had a superb meal at a French restaurant...still jealous of you though!!

Karen

Good to hear there's another Australian here, it's not like Disneyland where you don't have to walk far and hear a Aussie. My daughter and I are staying at Pop century till next Tuesday.

australiankaren said:
My only ongoing gripe with pop is the customer service at front desk..but OMG ladies, they delivered my Memphis box to my room last night...:cool1: came home and there she was, looking a tad well worn but intact...so excited. This was the order I did first and then they dismantled and I only got half the stuff, but hey, DH now has his grumpy thongs, so he's happy. I got one of my T shirts that fits well, the GK's stuff also was there....so what can I say......thank you Memphis!

Back to my day, we'll check in at BLT, fingers crossed they give us the high floor even number room i wanted, but doesn't really matter that much. We'll pop over to wilderness lodge to have lunch, a swim and then back to room to get ready for liberty tree tavern for dinner and MK EMH......exciting times ladies, exciting times.

Hallelujah! I bet your Memphis box could tell a few tales, if only it could talk! :rotfl:

Hope the check in at BLT went well and you're having fun! What was the weather there like today? We drove through a shocking rainstorm on our way down the Key West today but the sun came out for us just before it dropped into the gulf.

2 more sleeps till we arrive at WDW :yay:

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Good to see you're having a good time. Hope the transfer to BLT went well and that you'll be back to tell more tales soon. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter