• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani or Four Seasons?

I thought about Aulani but the cost is much more than the other resorts in the area and from I've read it's not up to the Disney standards I would expect. It really sounds like the Marriott may be the best choice for us. I'm looking at photos of it online and I like what I see. Thank you for the input.
We didn't see or experience anything we thought was lower quality than any other Disney resort we've stayed at (Poly, WL, AKL, BC, plus). But even if you choose the Marriott, you could walk over and stroll around a bit, and probably even get a room tour; you might decide you would enjoy a night or two some other time.

If you do stay at the Marriott, please come report back! I'm pretty brand-loyal to them, and I'd consider staying there myself if we do end up returning to Oahu. I'd love to see a couple of real room and grounds pics, plus hear if the guest services are Marriott quality. You'll have an amazing trip wherever you stay.

I really don't think we'll do Aulani next trip, but that's purely based on cost. (I REALLY keep thinking about just one or two nights there!! Think I may just do Maui and Kauai, though.) If you loved AKL, you will LOVE Aulani. Very similar feel IMO. Such a magical place. If you can swing just a night or two, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
I did like Animal Kingdom Lodge, but based on cost and other factors I don't think we'll do Aulani.

from I've read it's not up to the Disney standards I would expect.
I don't know where you are reading about Aulani and it not being up to Disney standards. That's certainly not our experience after 4 visits in 4 years.

I did like Animal Kingdom Lodge, but based on cost and other factors I don't think we'll do Aulani.
Definitely come back and let us know what you think about wherever you end up. I totally intend to go back to Hawaii more than once!!

I don't know where you are reading about Aulani and it not being up to Disney standards. That's certainly not our experience after 4 visits in 4 years.

I would second that! I can say that Aulani was the most luxurious and upscale resort I have stayed at in my whole life. It was heads and tails more luxurious than any moderate or value at Disney World that we have stayed at. When we first arrived, I commented to hubby that it reminded me a bit of the AKL as we have dined there so I've seen it, but AKL has nothing so over-the-top luxurious as the pool area at Aulani, the sweeping ocean views, the perfect lagoon, and the amazing spa. I thought it was more upscale than the Four Seasons actually.

We just got back from Aulani and I'll admit that the Four Seasons did look very nice, although it didn't appear to have nearly the recreational facilities as Aulani (i.e. pools)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter