August 2016 - Lets Plan Together Starting Now!!!

Got back today from our most recent trip. Disney blues have kicked in big time, but I'm relieved to have an August trip in the works! We are booked at the Poly, and I can't wait! Does anybody know if there is a Facebook group for August planning yet?

We fly out on the 26th May and fly back on the 5th June. Staying at the AKL. Need to make the ADR's very soon. :-) I'm more excited than the kids.

Can I sneak into the August group? We fly on July 28th for two weeks at Saratoga Springs. Am slightly excited...

Joining your planning group :yay:
Contemporary August 18th-22nd and Beach Club August 22nd-26th and PORS August 26th-September 2nd (free dining at PORS).
Couldn't decide on just one resort :rotfl:
So excited and already planning our trip as well as hoping the Canadian $ improves!

Got back today from our most recent trip. Disney blues have kicked in big time, but I'm relieved to have an August trip in the works! We are booked at the Poly, and I can't wait! Does anybody know if there is a Facebook group for August planning yet?

I haven't heard of an Aug 2016 group yet...but am still reading posts in the Aug 2015 group! Lol

Not really sure how I even got involved with that group last year but I'm feeling I must've been invited by someone like the OP, who started a post like this.

Hi!! Just booked our August 2016 vacation... The 24th-31st at the YC.. Just wondering about the magical deal ? The cast member I spoke to didn't mention anything about a magical deal being offered at the time of our trip .. Just wondering if I missed something.. Thank you

Hi!! Just booked our August 2016 vacation... The 24th-31st at the YC.. Just wondering about the magical deal ? The cast member I spoke to didn't mention anything about a magical deal being offered at the time of our trip .. Just wondering if I missed something.. Thank you
Google Disney Labor Day deal

Surprising the kids on Christmas with a trip August 14-21 at the Wilderness Lodge. Tried to get a quote on a "magical" deal, but they won't call me back.

Thank you so much! I googled it lol and now I remember why I didn't use this magical deal on my last visit ... We love the dining plan !!

Heading over August 13-20! Staying at the GF, after going to the Alice's breakfast last year. Bracing ourselves for the 9hr flight with a 5 & 3 year old.....

I haven't seen any boards for this month yet so I'm starting one.

We are planning our 3rd trip to the world next August. We will be staying at our dream resort Polynesian August 14 to 21. I am so excited and already starting to prepare now. i even just bought a bathing suit for next year. Lol.

Anyone else going at this time and how far in advance do you start to prepare?
Hi. We will be at the Polynesian Aug. 13-20. It's almost time to make ADR's so I am trying to make final decisions :)

Looking to go August week of the 14th of 21st so following along!

I am already following the possibility of FD for that period (or the lack of apparently) but does anyone know the history regarding room discounts during that period in August? If so, when do they normally come out? Feb or Spring?

Thanks!

Hi !! Looking for a little advice with my planning ...we are currently book from 8/24-8/31... I was thinking of pushing my dates back a few days to 8/26-9/2 to try and take advantage of slightly lower crowds and possible free dining? Would I qualify at all for FD if it came out for say 9/1?

Count me in! I just booked a magical deal for the Poly from 8/19-8/27. I am SO excited. The last time we were at WDW was in September 2014 at the CBR with FD.

Hi !! Looking for a little advice with my planning ...we are currently book from 8/24-8/31... I was thinking of pushing my dates back a few days to 8/26-9/2 to try and take advantage of slightly lower crowds and possible free dining? Would I qualify at all for FD if it came out for say 9/1?
The FD offer needs to be in effect on your day of arrival in order to qualify. One option I saw many use in 2014 was a split stay, booking room only for the first part of your trip and a FD package for the second part, but I don't know if that would really work if you're leaving on 9/2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter