• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

august 2013 codes for rental cars?

Hi I just joined the klm program. Where do I get the coupon codes for rental cars?
Sorry if this was asked before
Thank you

I keep getting a "technical error" when I try to join.

Did you have any problems? I tried yesterday. I tried today. I tried from home. I tried from work. I tried different browsers....arrrrgh!!!

I keep getting a "technical error" when I try to join.

Did you have any problems? I tried yesterday. I tried today. I tried from home. I tried from work. I tried different browsers....arrrrgh!!!

Never mind. I registered for a non-Flying Blue KLM account. Then, when I was logged in, I "upgraded" to FlyingBlue and now have my Flying Blue number.

My August rental has dropped :cool1: .

Originally had a mid-sized SUV for 8 days (August 23 - 31) with National for $267 (using KLM code, so that rate includes all taxes plus the extra insurance coverages).

Rebooked today for the same vehicle using the same code and the same coupon ($25 from the Entertainment Book) and my rate is now $251 :banana: .

Our dates for the annual trek are 8/6 pick-up to 8/19 drop off - MCO. So far, the rates that I have with codes from BJ's were horrid, as in the $800+ range for a standard. I'm hoping for less than $300, lol.

Last year I rented a standard with Alamo for 9 days at $159, all taxes inc. We drove out of MCO with a very luxurious Cadillac - far from the "standard" we rented, but we were offered a car in that class since we arrived late (SWA flight delays), and were told a storm had passed through and the standard cars were not available. We had a great car for a GREAT price.

The year before, we paid $162 for a mid-sized SUV from Alamo for 8 days.

Re: smelly cars ... We favor Alamo and have had pretty good luck over the years. Last year when we were given the option of choosing a car in the premium class for the same rental fee that we were already paying for a standard, we checked out a few cars while we made the choice. One car we looked at smelled absolutely disgusting - as in it was VERY clear that some person (or persons) smoked up a storm in it. I was horrified, and also curious as to how something like that could happen. I thought rental car companies only rented non-smoking cars ...while that particular car stunk to high heaven of cigarette smoke. Who does that?... and why would a person rent a car and think that the rules do not apply to them? I just don't get it.

TY for the tip on turning on the AC before driving out with the car. A moldy or vomit smell would def. put a damper on my vacation.

Let the games begin :thumbsup2

Yes the rent non smoking cars only, but, not everyone follow the rules. Having said that, that car should never have been on the line before it was detailed.

I found this web-site with discount codes for National

http://milesmomma.com/national-car-rental-codes/

There is one code (expires 2014) that is $30 (coupon from entertainment book). Do i need to present the coupon at the time of rental?

Sometimes they ask for non National electronic coupons. Depends on the counter or exit agent. Unless you have the coupon from the Entertainment book, I would not use it.

Just giving this a bump since I am back on the hunt for a reasonable rate. I haven't seen anything I am even willing to hold for hope of a better rate:rolleyes:

It's still way too soon, but if nothing else pans out I'll use Pricelines "Name your own price" feature again. It didn't turn out too bad last time and I have some bonus bucks to use as well.

Just giving this a bump since I am back on the hunt for a reasonable rate. I haven't seen anything I am even willing to hold for hope of a better rate:rolleyes:

It's still way too soon, but if nothing else pans out I'll use Pricelines "Name your own price" feature again. It didn't turn out too bad last time and I have some bonus bucks to use as well.

What size of a vehicle are you looking for? I can keep my eyes peeled for you too.

I know it is a LONG way off but I am in the planning process. I would need to rent a car for a week before checking into disney property and returning it.I need to pick up the car at miami international airport and return it somewhere in disney. I am looking for the best deal. Is this too early to even start? Are any coupons out there yet? I would appreciate any advice-thank you so much

Havent read thru yet but I use Vroom Vroom Code 299851 from Alamo..I have been using it for almost 3 yrs now!

What size of a vehicle are you looking for? I can keep my eyes peeled for you too.

Gina you are the best:flower3:

I think we'd be fine with standard and up. It's just the four of us, but we'll have 3 suitcases and some carry on bags. Usually in a smaller vehicle one suitcase ends up between the kids but that's fine since really it's only from the airport and back.
We drive a midsize at home since my husband commutes so far. We do well in a smaller vehicle but a larger one is always a nice treat for a week:)

ETA) In the August heat it is a definite bonus when the kids don't need to be touching one another lol. I am hoping to stay in the $250 range though that may be wishful thinking!

I think we'd be fine with standard and up. It's just the four of us, but we'll have 3 suitcases and some carry on bags. Usually in a smaller vehicle one suitcase ends up between the kids but that's fine since really it's only from the airport and back.
We drive a midsize at home since my husband commutes so far. We do well in a smaller vehicle but a larger one is always a nice treat for a week:)

ETA) In the August heat it is a definite bonus when the kids don't need to be touching one another lol. I am hoping to stay in the $250 range though that may be wishful thinking!

What dates are you looking for? I am picking up a car from the Car Care Center (Alamo) on Aug. 28 and dropping it off at MCO on 9/2. I got a rate of $277 for a standard with a free upgrade using the Costco Code and Upgrade Coupon. I'm hoping for something better, but for now that's the best I've seen.

Havent read thru yet but I use Vroom Vroom Code 299851 from Alamo..I have been using it for almost 3 yrs now!

What is this code and do you need to be a member of anything to use it? I just priced out my ressie and got it down to $215 from $277. I just want to make sure it's ok to use.

Thanks!

What is this code and do you need to be a member of anything to use it? I just priced out my ressie and got it down to $215 from $277. I just want to make sure it's ok to use.

Thanks!

It saves you .01 cents. And, yes it is ok to use it.

Just to confirm....your dates are August 23 to September 2?

What are the pick up and drop off times?

Your dates are so close to mine, its easy to run your quotes when I check on updated rates for our vacay. :)

Just to confirm....your dates are August 23 to September 2?

What are the pick up and drop off times?

Your dates are so close to mine, its easy to run your quotes when I check on updated rates for our vacay. :)

We get to Orlando at 6:30 and would probably drop off around 9a.m.

Only if you see anything Gina! Don't do any extra digging for me:)

Thanks!
That code takes $200 dollars off my the quoted price for me!!!
It still comes in at 300 for a standard but I'm sure I can find a coupon to add to it:thumbsup2

That code takes $200 dollars off my the quoted price for me!!!
It still comes in at 300 for a standard but I'm sure I can find a coupon to add to it:thumbsup2

I'm hoping to find a coupon too. Right now they all expire before August. Hope to find something soon.

Good Luck!

Thanks!

Yes..if anyone knows if you need to be a member or where this code originates from...because I just saved $420.49:cool1: on a 2 week rental in August...also used a coupon from BJ's for a midsize to standard upgrade!! Was $822.32....now $401.83!! Hope it's legit...
Kerri

Woo hoo! :woohoo: Just got my rental down to $233.74 for a mid-sized SUV for 8 days with Alamo using the Vroom Vroom code (thanks to the PP for sharing!) and a $25 coupon from the Entertainment Book.

The rate includes all taxes, unlimited mileage, collision damage waiver, and extended protection :thumbsup2.

I guess I can go ahead and cancel my National ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter