• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

august 2013 codes for rental cars?

jrw118 said:
Not too bad of a starting point. Length of rental 6 days 8 hours. I am a fast break member so I should be able to skip the counter.
Codes used BCD X474200 coupon MUPZ044

Just realized I left import information out
Budget rental total $255.98

I'm still coming out to over $500 for my dates with those codes. Mine is a 10 day 16 hr rental.

I just re-ran my dates using the Budget discount and coupon codes listed by the PP, but I'm still coming out better using the KLM Flying Blue code with National and my Entertainment Book coupon.

I will continue to watch and wait! :coffee:

Not too bad of a starting point. Length of rental 6 days 8 hours. I am a fast break member so I should be able to skip the counter.
Codes used BCD X474200 coupon MUPZ044

What is the coupon for? I got a decent rate with it but would like to know what the coupon is for and if I will actually need the coupon.

I should waited to ask the question until after I booked because my confirmation answered it. According to the rental, "MUPZ044 USD 40 Off Weekly/Paperless Coupon". I'll take it.

Joining the hunt for cheap August car rental rates! 2 years ago I paid $282 for 11 days- hoping to find that again:thumbsup2!!

So far for 10 days, the cheapest I've found is through budget. Aug 19-30, fullsize car. $387. BCD W852871 and MUWZ020.

Question: Can you rent from the Car Care Centre if you are staying off site?

Bumping this up.. we need a rental from Aug 19-Aug 30.
I have an SUV from National for $368 using the KLM code and the coupon code NWEBCPN027

Any one find any other decent deals so far?

Going 8/18-8/25. Renting from the car care center thru Alamo using a BJ's wholesale coupon and we got a mid size SUV for $280.41 total!

Bumping this up.. we need a rental from Aug 19-Aug 30.
I have an SUV from National for $368 using the KLM code and the coupon code NWEBCPN027

Any one find any other decent deals so far?

I've got a minivan from 8/22 to 9/2 for $449 using the same codes.

Our dates for the annual trek are 8/6 pick-up to 8/19 drop off - MCO. So far, the rates that I have with codes from BJ's were horrid, as in the $800+ range for a standard. I'm hoping for less than $300, lol.

Last year I rented a standard with Alamo for 9 days at $159, all taxes inc. We drove out of MCO with a very luxurious Cadillac - far from the "standard" we rented, but we were offered a car in that class since we arrived late (SWA flight delays), and were told a storm had passed through and the standard cars were not available. We had a great car for a GREAT price.

The year before, we paid $162 for a mid-sized SUV from Alamo for 8 days.

Re: smelly cars ... We favor Alamo and have had pretty good luck over the years. Last year when we were given the option of choosing a car in the premium class for the same rental fee that we were already paying for a standard, we checked out a few cars while we made the choice. One car we looked at smelled absolutely disgusting - as in it was VERY clear that some person (or persons) smoked up a storm in it. I was horrified, and also curious as to how something like that could happen. I thought rental car companies only rented non-smoking cars ...while that particular car stunk to high heaven of cigarette smoke. Who does that?... and why would a person rent a car and think that the rules do not apply to them? I just don't get it.

TY for the tip on turning on the AC before driving out with the car. A moldy or vomit smell would def. put a damper on my vacation.

Let the games begin :thumbsup2

Our dates for the annual trek are 8/6 pick-up to 8/19 drop off - MCO. So far, the rates that I have with codes from BJ's were horrid, as in the $600+ range for a standard. I'm hoping for less than $300, lol.

Last year I rented a standard with Alamo for 9 days at $159, all taxes inc. We drove out of MCO with a very luxurious Cadillac - far from the "standard" we rented, but we were offered a car in that class since we arrived late (SWA flight delays), and were told a storm had passed through and the standard cars were not available. We had a great car for a GREAT price.

Awesome deals for your past trips! What types of discount codes did you use and how far out did you book?

Our dates for the annual trek are 8/6 pick-up to 8/19 drop off - MCO. So far, the rates that I have with codes from BJ's were horrid, as in the $800+ range for a standard. I'm hoping for less than $300, lol.

Re: smelly cars ... We favor Alamo and have had pretty good luck over the years. Last year when we were given the option of choosing a car in the premium class for the same rental fee that we were already paying for a standard, we checked out a few cars while we made the choice. One car we looked at smelled absolutely disgusting - as in it was VERY clear that some person (or persons) smoked up a storm in it. I was horrified, and also curious as to how something like that could happen. I thought rental car companies only rented non-smoking cars ...while that particular car stunk to high heaven of cigarette smoke. Who does that?... and why would a person rent a car and think that the rules do not apply to them? I just don't get it.

TY for the tip on turning on the AC before driving out with the car. A moldy or vomit smell would def. put a damper on my vacation.

Rates are horrible for August. I'm picking up on 8/28 and dropping off 9/2. From a suggestion here, I priced out picking the car up from the Disney Car Care Center instead of MCO and then dropping it off at MCO and saved more than $200 by doing it that way. Maybe you can try that? Right now I'm using a Costco code with a free upgrade but am hoping a better one is released for my dates.

During the past three years we've been able to get great rates in August (<$200 for 10-12 days - standard). I've checked a couple times but it's really too early for anything good.

What I do is book the best price I can find so I have something then as I find better deals I just cancel my original reservation and rebook at the better rate. The best deals I've found have been 3-4 weeks before travel.

It's great to have a place like this, some of the best discounts come from others who post them on here. Good luck everyone!

We have made our preliminary vehicle reservation for August 23rd to August 31st.

We signed up for the free-to-join KLM Flying Blue program (thanks to another thread on this board) and have a mid-size SUV secured with National. The KLM code includes a whole selection of the extra insurance coverages in the cost :thumbsup2 such as loss damage waiver, supplemental liability insurance, etc. With a $25 off coupon from the Entertainment Book, our total price with all taxes for the 8-day rental is $266.97.

We also signed up for Emerald Club membership, so we should be able to skip the counter in the terminal. If I have read correctly, we will be able to choose our own vehicle from those in our vehicle class which are available at the time of pick-up, and spousal drivers are no additional charge.

This rate is cheaper than our mid-sized SUV with Budget that we had for Christmas week (we used the public Travelocity code X474200 and a $25 public coupon). And that rental vehicle was awful enough to steer us away from Budget in the future......the vehicle had been smoked in at some point, and there was some sort of cleaner or disinfectant attempting to overpower the smell that caused our DS to have an allergic reaction every time he was inside it.

I am not too confident we will get a mid-size SUV or van any cheaper than what we have now (despite being a family of only 3, we like having a similar sized vehicle on vacation to what we drive at home). But we will keep an eye out from now until the end of August, just in case! :)

Quick question....have you used the KLM code before? Did you have to show anything at the counter? I just booked, thanks to you, with this but the website is now allowing me to join right now (plenty of time to try again but just curious)!

Hi I just joined the klm program. Where do I get the coupon codes for rental cars?
Sorry if this was asked before
Thank you

Quick question....have you used the KLM code before? Did you have to show anything at the counter? I just booked, thanks to you, with this but the website is now allowing me to join right now (plenty of time to try again but just curious)!

I have not used the KLM code yet (this August will be the first) but there are lots of positive reports in this thread (where I learned about it):

http://ww.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667

I am taking the print out of my KLM Flying Blue registration with me (I have a vacation binder that I stick in my carry-on, and in it is a section for my car rental info, so it will go in the binder right behind the rental confirmation along with my entertainment book coupon). I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

We also signed up for National's Emerald Aisle program and added our membership info to the reservation, so now we can bypass the counter and hopefully be on our way even faster. We don't arrive at MCO until 6:30 pm so by then, I am sure we will appreciate any time savers that get us to the resort faster!

Hi I just joined the klm program. Where do I get the coupon codes for rental cars?
Sorry if this was asked before
Thank you

The KLM code is found here in post #1:

http://ww.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667

For a coupon code, I am currently using a coupon from the 2013 entertainment book. I am sure there will be other public codes released a little closer to our travel date that encompass our time period :thumbsup2 . My coupon right now is for $25........but I have my fingers crossed that we might get a general public coupon worth $30 before the last week of August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter