August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deleted posts were questionable for a family board. Mel and Dan decided to remove them or edit them to what they are now. If you are a regular in chat, you can probably guess what they said :rotfl2:

Tracy

No word on Marsha yet, hope that's a good sign!

Allan, I noticed the piece about dancing in the newsletter. Don't give up yet, there was talk about a dance gathering during a chat session. It's worth a few more shouts about it.

Got all my NCAA picks! Let the games begin!

I received the e-mail for the newsletter and when I get a chance, I will print it off. I can't wait.

Marsha: More pixie dust for your knee.

Renee: Thanks for the info on the booster. I really need to start looking into this more.

RobinMarie said:
Allan, I noticed the piece about dancing in the newsletter. Don't give up yet, there was talk about a dance gathering during a chat session. It's worth a few more shouts about it.

Robin's right, Allan. Martin and I aren't "good" dancers, which is why I didn't originally reply (in case you were only talking proper "ballroom" technique dancers). ;)

We would enjoy getting together with some people for a nice evening with some dancing, though. Don't give up yet! We don't need a whole lotta people to still have a great time at this event!

Arlene

I got my Transfer Paper, Windown Cling Paper and Magnet Paper from the supplier today!

Unfortunately will have to wait until the weekend to use it all!

I'll let you know how it all turns out!

Off to see WICKED tonight! Let's hope I can stay up for it!LOL

Great NewLetter! As usual!

Smell you Later!

Scratch

Perdita&Pongo said:
Just today realized that "Paul" is/are really 2 Pauls! NYPaul and OregonPaul. Sorry I've been confusing you two! Hope I haven't posted as such. :rolleyes:

Nancy, I haven't noticed any confusing posts. (You confusing OregonPaul and I, that is...now Dan and Melinda, that's another story :) )

Paul

Thought someone might be interested in this deal:

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/hollywood/website/badg05f.html

Buy a day, get 2005 Free - buy tix by 5/1/05

It looks like weekends in August qualify as blackout dates

1. What is the 2005 Pass?
When you purchase a 1-day General Admission ticket, it can be upgraded to a 2005 Pass. You are getting a whole year, with some restrictions, for the price of a 1-day ticket.

2. Is the 2005 Pass valid at Universal Studios in Orlando?
No. This ticket offer is only valid at Universal Studios Hollywood in Los Angeles, California.

3. Is the 2005 Pass the same as an Annual Pass?
No, the 2005 Pass is a separate ticket product with some of the benefits of the Annual Pass, but not all.

4. If I buy my ticket before 2005 do I still get 2005 for free?
Yes! In fact, the sooner you buy, the more you can use your 2005 Pass. It's valid for the rest of 2004 and all of 2005!

5. What are the restrictions?

This offer cannot be combined with other discounts, coupons or per
capita sightseeing tours.
Black-out dates apply.

6. What are the black-out dates for the 2005 Pass?
Click here for the black-out date calendar.
Black-out dates do not apply on your first visit. You can come any day between now and 12/31/05 for your first visit. Black-out dates will apply on your second visit and thereafter.

7. Do I get discounts on food or merchandise with a 2005 Pass?
No, but you can upgrade to an Annual Pass to receive this benefit

8. Do I get discounts on Universal Studios Hollywood tickets with a 2005 Pass?
Yes, you can get 15% off up to 6 General Admission tickets each time you visit.

9. Can I apply any other discounts (like AAA)?
This offer cannot be combined with other discounts, coupons or per capita sightseeing tours

10. Can I upgrade any ticket to a 2005 Pass?
Yes, upgrades apply to 1-day General Admission, Front of Line Pass, and the VIP Experience. Go to the Annual Pass Processing Center and show your original ticket to upgrade to a 2005 Pass.

11. Do I need a coupon to get this offer at the front gate?
No, a coupon is not needed.

12. Is parking included?
No, free parking during box office hours is only included with the Premium Annual Pass

13. How/Where do I redeem my 2005 Pass?
After buying online using Print@Home ticketing, come to the Park, and go straight to the turnstile. Inside the Park, go to the Annual Pass Processing Center to get your 2005 Pass.

14. I've purchased my tickets online. When do I need to go to the Park to get my 2005 Pass?
Any day between now and 12/31/05.

15. When does the 2005 Pass expire?
The 2005 Pass is valid for admission through 12/31/05.

I'm baaaaaaaaack......................

First, Arlene or Barb, I make no money at my Cafe Press Store. You don't have to mark up the items, they will sell them at the price listed. I never sent on any info to them, you would only need to do that if you wanted to make some money on the items and then pay the taxes. NOT ME!!!!

The Ortho says, no cartilage damage, but suspects the muscle that holds the patella in place was over extended and is now torn, very badly bruised, and bleeding. THis can be healed thought gentle therapy, and time. Which is good because I didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on any medical problems. Now I need to get the condo insurance people to call me and arrange payments. It still hurts. I think I will rest it for a wile, matbe chat from the couch. If my router will signal me there.

You all are silly! Post all non family jokes at the other site.

I loive looking at my countdown clock. Even though it's running so slowly. In just over 5 months we will all be "Fooling Around".

mickeyfan1 said:
The Ortho says, no cartilage damage, but suspects the muscle that holds the patella in place was over extended and is now torn, very badly bruised, and bleeding. THis can be healed thought gentle therapy, and time. Which is good because I didn't want to spend a lot of $$ on any medical problems. Now I need to get the condo insurance people to call me and arrange payments. It still hurts. I think I will rest it for a wile, matbe chat from the couch. If my router will signal me there.

The bright side is that this happened over 5 months before the cruise... at least that's what I told myself when I got shingles! Hopefully you will be 100% by the time of the cruise. Did the ortho give you any good meds for the pain? I'm glad to hear the damage is not as bad as it could have been!

No drugs Lisa, sad to say. Good old Tylenol makes me really sleepy anyway, so I will stick to that!

Well I AM glad to be off the codeine becaue I was getting tired of being dopey all the time (well more dopey than usual) but it was necessary. I hope the tylenol does the trick for you (I also had decent luck alternating advil and tylenol).

Today I got a phone call from Chuck at All Seasons. Seems mark told him about my room "issues" and he wanted to make sure that I was being taken care of. Wow, I felt like a celebrity called! What a nice guy. We chatted a while and everything is under control (although it was after the last time I spoke to someone over there). I'm glad to have booked with him, he really seems like he wants to go out of his way to make sure everything is perfect for his clients.

Hey Guys,

I've been searching most of the day for a place to get the Survivor Logo printed on shirts and may have found one. It's http://artapart.com/default.asp. I just placed an order and will post if it goes through. If it does, I'll also post the quality of the shirts and design when I get them.

Reneé

where is everyone? I'm sitting in chat all by my lonesome. Isn't tonight our "regularly scheduled" chat? :rotfl2:

Marsha - glad to hear that you will recover with just PT :grouphug:

I was going to offer to share my pills with you :banana: :banana:

Lisa -- Chuck & his team are great -- I spoke to him in May when I made some changes to our reservations and the whole staff is easy to deal with. Every time I make a payment I ask if we have a room # yet :Pinkbounc

(not yet -- I figure after 6/20 I'll know)

Well, I guess we're making progress. I applied for passport for DD last week--tried on Monday and the photo place was out of film. Thus, we did it on Tuesday--and the passport fee went up on Tuesday! Boo hiss. I sent it off and commented that we couldn't schedule a last minute cruise now. On Thursday, DCL made available more cheapie cabins for our spring break week. Oh well--I can't risk booking it with no birth cert, no passport for her. Guess she'll have to stay home for spring break and clean her room.

Today, got Hep A shots. Also, ordered some stuff that I know we'll need for trip. Any day with a trip related activity is a good day. I'm really suffering from Magic withdrawal!

Does anyone know where I can find the nautical alphabit? Planning ahead for making our door sign...

A wealthy older lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa. She takes her faithful pet poodle along for company.

One day, the poodle starts chasing butterflies and before long discovers that he is lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the obvious intention of having lunch. The poodle thinks, "I'm in deep trouble now!" Then he notices some bones on the ground close by, and immediately settles down to chew on them with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the poodle exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here."

Hearing this, the leopard halts his attack in mid-stride, and a look of terror comes over him as he slinks away into the trees. "Whew!" says the leopard. "That was close! That poodle nearly had me."

Meanwhile, a monkey watching the whole scene from a nearby tree figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So, off he goes. But the poodle sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up. The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans, and strikes a deal for
himself with the leopard. The leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!"

Now the poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back, and thinks, "What am I going to do now?" But instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get within earshot the poodle says.......

"Where's that damn monkey?! I sent him off half an hour ago to bring me another leopard!"

Renee', glad the package arrived! It's a thank you to you for making all those wonderful name tags for all of us! We appreciate it so much!!!

piglet33 said:
I agree Dan - that I can't wait to meet all you wonderful people. We are really going to have a great time with the great friends we've made along the way.

Reneé

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter