August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmiles

DIS Veteran
I can report that the attraction was also at Walt Disney World until the late 90's.

Alas, it has now joined Mr. Toad, the World of Motion, and Horizons in Attraction Heaven. :(

winotracy said:
You are right Mel. There is a ride (or at least was the first few times I went to DL in the late 90s.). From Mouseketrips: "Frontierland: Splash Mountain, Walt Disney World Railroad, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Raft to Tom Sawyers Island, Mike Finn Keelboats, Country Bear Jamboree". Can't find it on the DL website, but when you search for Mike Finn, it comes up with Tom Sawyers Island.

THE WOMEN ARE RIGHT AGAIN!!!

Of course, we women are right ALWAYS...But i am talking about in WDW, not in DL.. so i can't present this arguement to DH...he'll snap right back at me and "YEAH, maybe in DL but not in WDW!!"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tracy--

I realized when I was switching out the photos that you had short hair in both pictures. I don't know what I was thinking. Perhaps it just looked longer because it was darker in the original photo! :confused:

At any rate, I like the new photo! ;)

kmiles said:
I can report that the attraction was also at Walt Disney World until the late 90's.

Alas, it has now joined Mr. Toad, the World of Motion, and Horizons in Attraction Heaven. :(

THANK YOU!!!!

Ok i just yelled at this back to BOB and he is shaking his head NO NO !! He is beginning to aggravate me!! He just said, "i was there in the 80's and i don't remember no keelboats!!" I told him he has Amnesia!!!!

Are you sure it ended in the 90's???? I thought it was in the 80's!!!! We got married 1990 and i don't remember those boats after that!!

I think Tracy mistakenly put "DL" when she meant to put WDW. If you look at her post, the quote details WDW not DL. That is, unless DL now has the Walt Disney World Railroad! :)

kmiles said:
Tracy--

I realized when I was switching out the photos that you had short hair in both pictures. I don't know what I was thinking. Perhaps it just looked longer because it was darker in the original photo! :confused:

At any rate, I like the new photo! ;)
Thanks! I wasn't going to say anything. It's been short for a long time now. Maybe its the weight loss? The new photo is about 15-20 pounds lighter. DH is lighter too in that one!

kmiles said:
I think Tracy mistakenly put "DL" when she meant to put WDW. If you look at her post, the quote details WDW not DL. That is, unless DL now has the Walt Disney World Railroad! :)

Actually, I guess I meant both. I rode it at DL, but my info from Mouseketrips was from WDW. There you go Mel. Give it to him!!

Grumbo said:
Uh and your point is Melinda??

Cheers,
Grumbo

Oh you be quiet!!!!

Sheesch, so much for bringing my post stats down!!!

Why the heck am i battling with you men, including my husband!!!!!

can't live with em, but unfortnely can't live without em either!!

It could be that the attraction only operated seasonally at times. I know that they were operating, at least at times, in the mid to late 90's. The first year that I got my Annual Pass was 1997 and they were operating (again, at least seasonally) in that year.

The launching house is still there. Next to the Haunted Mansion queue entrance.

winotracy said:
Actually, I guess I meant both. I rode it at DL, but my info from Mouseketrips was from WDW. There you go Mel. Give it to him!!

Ahhh... I got it now! :)

winotracy said:

I know what you mean Tracy, but my DH would fight back on that!!!! DL IS NOT THE SAME AS WDW!!! he would say!!

I just told him to shut up and watch the darn movie...I won that argument and that is that!! He is now laughing at me!! He is really Pis*** me off!! I now wish this homeoffice is not next to our family room...I need peace and quiet here.

Check out <a href="http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id184.htm">this</a>.

I was pretty sure it was late 1990's the last time I saw them operating.

The whole Walt Dated World is a pretty interesting site.

kmiles said:
Check out <a href="http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id184.htm">this</a>.

I was pretty sure it was late 1990's the last time I saw them operating.

The whole Walt Dated World is a pretty interesting site.

Thank you Kmiles, er, Cough *****cough....Like the website too!!

he wouldn't come here to see it (he didn't want to miss his stuipd movie) so i printed and threw it at him and told him to read it and weep!!

you know, I really can't beleive it that it was there til the late 90's!! I was so sure it was the 80's . I guess i didn't bother with the ride those years.

Oh, now he just said, "OH, WOW,VERY INTERESTING!! I think i remember it vaguely"

I am sleeping with my DD tonight!!! :mad:

Grumbo- Maybe you can help me. I'm not sure, should I have the Chicken Breast stuffed with Shrimp Scampi served with a Lemoncello Sauce or the Grilled Fillet Mignon with a Port Wine Reduction and a Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce; and for dessert, I can't decide between Chocolate Souffle with Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Sauce, Cappuccino Cheesecake with Ricotta Cheese, or Pistachio Torte baked with Red Berry Compote and Almonds with seasonal Berries?? ...Mark

ehtpnt said:
On the question of passports. My gut feeling has been all along that we will be required to have them. But wether we do or not they really are a good thing to have.
I do not think they will be REQUIRED but agree 100% that they'll make everything easier....

mark & sandra said:
I will, but which ones???...Mark

Those Walmart bags!! then mabye Sandra will have a nice cruise after all!!

Are you still making her sleep with her Father because of your stupid disney rule????

ivanova said:
I do not think they will be REQUIRED but agree 100% that they'll make everything easier....

I agree...My parents are getting them next month...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter