August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Melinda is correct. The Stuffed Pork loin with apple sauce and baby roasted potatoes with brussel sprouts is great. I like to start it with either a Caesar salad or the New England Chowder. Its very thick and creamy but isn't fishy tasting.
For dessert I love their Coconut Cream pie. A nice coffee with a Baileys finishes off the meal.
I've been reading if you just drink lots of water with it there is no problem as to quantity. ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Bmwdsny said:
Stuff It Mark!!!!!!!!
You seem a little testy tonight Melinda. First you pick on your poor husband and son, now you pick on me, sounds like you're 'starving' for attention. You're 'hungry' for a fight!! BTW how's your dieting going today??...Mark

mark & sandra said:
You seem a little testy tonight Melinda. First you pick on your poor husband and son, now you pick on me, sounds like you're 'starving' for attention. You're 'hungry' for a fight!! BTW how's your dieting going today??...Mark

correction:
#1 I did not pick on my son...only my dh!! I am a good mother and don't pick on my kids.
#2 I am not starving for attention, nor am i hungry..I don't need you or the food. I have my water right here with me...Guess you didn't take a look at the WATER RETENTION thread.

and BTW, how is your son feeling?? Is he better??

A Banjo??

You are in the wrong part of the county, dude!!

I am exhausted...gee i wonder why???

You men took out all my energy!!!!

G' night!!

We stayed at Ron Jon's for two days prior to our cruise last Aug. We had no problem checking in early. Even got a room with a view of the port so we watched the Wonder depart. Beware the water slide. I felt every seam. We did walk down to the beach and over the pier to do some sealife spotting and were rewarded with a seaturtle. My kids are used to the Atlantic Ocean further north so the shallow water and lack of waves was disappointing to them. The resort does have lots to do, we played mini golf and watched a movie in their theater.

Grills is very close to Ron Jons our group had a meet there the night before the cruise. Dixie Crossroads is about a forty five minute drive and worth every mile. DH is trying to figure out how he will return on our next Fl. trip.

kpgclark said:
Andrew I'm just annoyed to hear that! I still have the messages from DU stating that says you are charged the prevailing cabin rate! The first message I have is from May.
Seems they keep changing there minds on the policy, as mentioned before, I can only think they had maybe a chain, someone wanted a CAT 8 at the current rates and by agreeing to my move this freed up space.

Checked with DU before, and on the quotes and that was the upgrade?

izzinmac said:
Be careful with what you do with Andrew's info. Reminded me of my Air Force days when two guys I knew went on a temporary duty together. When they got back they submitted their travel documents for travel pay. One guy got $100 more than the other for the exact same travel. So the guy who got shorted the $100 complained. Finance checked it. They took $100 back from the other guy!

please, cannot afford an increase!

DenverVal said:
We have the transfers booked too, and the CM for DCL told me they were from LAX to the port only! It had better be that way or we're going to have a serious transportation problem on August 20!!

Morning All!

I guess it's the old "Talk to one CM get one answer, talk to another, get another answer!" I guess when the time gets closer we will definately find out!

Wish they would have some info to give us!

Scratch
pirate:

kmiles said:
Check out <a href="http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id184.htm">this</a>.

I was pretty sure it was late 1990's the last time I saw them operating.

The whole Walt Dated World is a pretty interesting site.

I love that site, thanks for sharing!

Hi Janet!!

I was reading my Dd Disney Adventure Mag. and was reading the moviees perview of 2005. Johnny Depp is casting as Willa Wonka on the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" a remake of Wiila Wonka....It is coming out in July...
Hmmm, Wonder if this is one movie that will be on our repo cruise?????

Good morning everyone! I'd like to announce an official new "lurker" on this thread. It's my husband, Pete, AKA PapaBro. With a little encouragement, he might even chat with us. Hi Hon !!! :love:

Luv2Dream said:
Good morning everyone! I'd like to announce an official new "lurker" on this thread. It's my husband, Pete, AKA PapaBro. With a little encouragement, he might even chat with us. Hi Hon !!! :love:

Hey, welcome PapaBro! Perfect name for here. Us guys are outnumbered, but not outclassed!!(Well, except for Mark)

Scratch42 said:
Morning All!

I guess it's the old "Talk to one CM get one answer, talk to another, get another answer!" I guess when the time gets closer we will definately find out!

Wish they would have some info to give us!

Scratch
pirate:

Scratch

Since there obviously is some confusion on this, would you like to join the HoJo Express, with stops at the GC! We have room, will have more fun, and probably a whole lot cheaper than a disney transfer!

Bob

Anyone else at GC or within walking (and luggage hauling) distance interested???

Luv2Dream said:

:wave: Welcome PapaBro!

mark & sandra said:
Thanks Grumbo- I took Bob's advice and visitied Dave's site and found their link and coupon. Is it pretty easy to get there from the area around the Radisson?? I can't find a decent map and I only know the area around the Radisson. How did you like Ron Jon's?? Any advice to make the stay better?? Room selection?? We're renting from Budget. How'd you get to the pier in the morning. I think I'll drop the car off first thing and take the shuttle with the family to the pier. Does that sound like a good idea?? Was the water park area as good as described? How were the rooms??...Mark
Hey Mark,
We did RonJon/Grill for our last cruise (May,2004) too. I agree with Grumbo, if you are looking for dinner with the kids at Grills, get there early.

We had a studio at RonJon. We'd (4 of us) go bigger next time. RonJon was great. DD's loved the lazy river (watch out for sunburned shoulders!) and mini golf. If I remember right, the pools close early, so if you are getting in later in the day you may not be able to use the pools.

For transport to the Port, we rented from Hertz. Returned the car early and took the Hertz shuttle to the Port. Some people suggest to drop off the family and then the car, but if you get there early enough (we were at Hertz by 9am!) I think it's easier to stay together.

Ok, now a caution about Budget: Since we were at the Port so early, we waited in the parking lot by all the shuttle stops for a while before we could enter the terminal. The one line that was always the longest was Budget. This shouldn't be any problem getting to the port, but when you return you might want to be prepared...unless they've addressed this since May.

Paul

izzinmac said:
Hey, welcome PapaBro! Perfect name for here. Us guys are outnumbered, but not outclassed!!(Well, except for Mark)
class???CLASS???...We don't need no stinkin' class!!

NYdiscruisers said:
If I remember right, the pools close early, so if you are getting in later in the day you may not be able to use the pools.
That's why we're planning on using izzinmacs pool!! Bob, I've invited a few friends from my 1/15 cruise to join me. Make sure you have plenty of ice...Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter