At first they didn't want me to come, now they don't want me to leave! April 2021 F&G TR (Updated 9/6!)

Gross!!! What is wrong with people. And good for you to tell him to step back..

It was soooo gross! I have no idea why some people think it's ok to get that close to strangers, I find it so odd!

I love these! I don't know if I have seen them before.

Aren't they adorable? I love them!

Hilarious! And so true!

It was so funny, I was so surprised and so confused at first!

I think this will be all of us when we go back again!

Haha, so true. I'm back to working from home next week, so I need to force myself to get out and walk to keep up the steps! Need to prep for my September trip!

Welcome everyone to my latest trip report! Thanks for joining in. Hope you enjoy reading all about my Flower and Garden trip.

This trip was a mini make-up trip for my annual September Food and Wine trip that we ended up cancelling last September. There is one big difference with this trip (well, besides the month)….I was traveling solo! Yup, for the first time since 2004 my mom wasn’t joining me on a Disney trip, and this would be my first trip to Disney all by myself!

So brief introduction. I’m Debbie, I’m a total Disney addict, and love making trips down for the Epcot festivals, which these days are pretty much year round so it’s kinda hard to miss them. I’ve been going to Disney since the mid 80s, but didn’t really fall in love with the place until I was a bit older in the 90s. Now I’m pretty much constantly planning the next trip. Seriously, planning is almost as fun as the trip itself!

Here I am from a past trip, just got home about two hours ago so haven’t had time to go through photos yet!

This was a fantastic trip, besides that whole traveling there and coming home, that was, um, not fun. If you’ve read any of my previous trip reports you will remember that my flights NEVER take off on time, so I’ve grown to expect delays. Well, this trip decided to really ramp up the difficulty in getting where I wanted to go, in fact I think it may have moved up to my worst experience with flight delays. It’s a tough call between this and my Azores flights, but while those were delayed a total of 8.5 hours, they at least got me to the correct airport.

Anyways, I’ll get more into my travel fun later, but this was the inspiration for the title of the report this time around!

On with the show!
Joining late, exciting to read about your solo trip. I've never done one of those, but I could see that with my kids now adults and my hubby busy with work, that it could be in my future too.

Joining late, exciting to read about your solo trip. I've never done one of those, but I could see that with my kids now adults and my hubby busy with work, that it could be in my future too.

:welcome: thanks for joining in! I wasn't so sure I'd like solo trips before going, but it was a blast! Glad I did it, will definitely do a solo trip again.

Day 3, Part 1: The Most Productive Morning! Part 1

This morning I was once again up super early, although closer to 5:15, so a bit later than the previous morning. I got ready and was out the door by 6:15. I made it to the bus stop by 6:20, and found one other family there waiting, and funny enough, it was one of the families that were there the previous morning!

This morning we were more organized since we actually knew which sides we needed to stand on! :rotfl:

Soon more families started to come down and the lines got pretty long.

I ended up chatting with the woman behind me, she was super nice, and she’s on here too! So if you’re reading this, hi!!!! :wave:

We lucked out, and this day the MK bus arrived right at 6:45, yay!!!!! We all piled on, although there was one family who didn’t fit on the bus. I felt so bad for them, hopefully they sent another bus soon after!

We got to MK quickly, and I believe we were only the second bus to arrive. They let us off right away and we went and joined the small group being held before the security. Shortly after arriving they let us through security and we made our way to wait at the tapstiles. Thanks to my long legs (back in gymnastics they used to call me “Debbie Long Legs”….which is funny because having long legs actually makes gymnastics much harder!), I was third in line at the tapstiles.

Finally, at 7:15, they opened the MK!

I powerwalked with the other guests back to 7DMT. Although there were a few who flat out ran. When did they stop preventing people from running? I’ve definitely gotten scolded in the past for running to a ride! :rolleyes1

Thanks again to my long legs, I was towards the front of the line, there were only about 35 people ahead of me. There was a bit of a wait for the ride to open, but they let us into the main queue at 7:27. There was one other hold up once we made it up to the loading, guess they weren’t quite ready for quests to ride, but it only lasted maybe 5 minutes, probably a hair less.

I lucked out and got the last row! Wahoo!

Such a fun ride!

Mini Video!

After 7DMT, I made my way over to frontierland. The park felt EMPTY at that point. I took videos walking from 7DMT to Thunder, and there is no one around, it was amazing!

This area is usually such a bottleneck!

Just me and my shadow

I finally made it over to Thunder. It was a posted 5 minute wait, and was pretty much walk on. I didn’t get the last row here, but was at least towards the back so it was still a blast! Really as long as I’m not in the very front I’m happy!

Once I was off Thunder, I debated what I wanted to do next. I had heard that Splash wasn’t opening until a while after park opening, and that Pirates would be a better option so I wouldn’t waste too much time waiting in line for a ride to open. However, I decided to ignore that and go wait in line for Splash. I’m glad I did because the ride opened 18 minutes after I got in line! I arrived at the end of the line at 7:56, and the ride opened at 8:14! Once the ride opened the queue pretty much didn’t stop moving, except for when some families decided to hold up everyone so they could get pictures in front of the entrance to the barn.

I was on the ride at 8:25, so not bad at all! I once again lucked out and got the first row!!!

The ride did break down while I was on it, and we sat there for like 10 minutes, but it was actually not bad since they turned all the lights on in the part where it’s usually pitch black, so it was really cool to be able to see everything I usually can’t! Plus, with my new job as a building plans examiner, I totally geeked out checking for code compliance now that I could see all the sprinklers and exits. (yes, I’m a nerd)

Finally the ride did start moving again, and I’m happy to say, even though I was in the front row, I hardly got wet at all!

After Splash I made my way over to Pirates. Funny enough, there were three other groups that were doing the exact same touring plan as me that morning, we were pretty close to each other in the same lines at every ride! Great minds, right?

The posted wait time for Pirates was 15 minutes, but only took 8. Once again, the queue was almost always moving so it went super fast.

I decided to head over to HM next. I wasn’t sure if it would be the best idea since I figured the Space line would get long sooner, however I also didn’t want to run back and forth across the park, so decided to chance it and do HM first.

The posted wait was 10 minutes for HM at that point (around 9:10), but it was a complete walk-on.

I do have to say, I miss the stretching room so much! The ride seems so short now without it!

Next up: The Most Productive Morning, Part 2!

Last edited:
I have a question. We are going at the end of June. We were told we could not buy park hopper passes and had to reserve a park for each day.

If you don't mind my asking how did you do AK during the day and then Epcot in the evening?

I have a question. We are going at the end of June. We were told we could not buy park hopper passes and had to reserve a park for each day.

If you don't mind my asking how did you do AK during the day and then Epcot in the evening?

Hmm, that's really odd they are telling you that. I booked the park hoppers the same time I booked the package. Still had to reserve my first park of the day but after 2 I would hop to whatever park I wanted to in the afternoon. I'm not sure why they are telling you that you can't buy park hoppers, that seems really strange. I believe I saw someone a while back mentioning something similar about not being able to add hoppers to existing reservations, but I don't remember why. Probably would be good to ask on the TPAS forum, hopefully people there know a bit more than me!

Looks like an amazing morning! I love getting up early too as you get so much done!

Love seeing some photos of empty Frontierland! Great trip report.

Great use of your early park time. I didn’t realize MK was opening at 6am so I was a little late but still able to do quite a few attractions with minimal wait.

Looks like an amazing morning! I love getting up early too as you get so much done!

It was a great morning for rides! I found getting there early was definitely key to avoiding long waits. Plus it was still pretty cool for the first hour or so in the morning which made touring more enjoyable!

Great use of your early park time. I didn’t realize MK was opening at 6am so I was a little late but still able to do quite a few attractions with minimal wait.

Yeah, thanks to these boards I went in with a plan of ride order, and it worked out great. Too bad you missed the earlier opening, but it's great you were still able to do a lot with low waits. And I hope it was an 8am opening and not 6am! :oops:

Yeah, thanks to these boards I went in with a plan of ride order, and it worked out great. Too bad you missed the earlier opening, but it's great you were still able to do a lot with low waits. And I hope it was an 8am opening and not 6am! :oops:
Haha 😂 yes I meant 8am, 6 is really early!

When I see pictures of the new barges at EP, they don't seem to look too bad. But when I get there and see them in person, they are horrible monstrosities!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter