As feared Forbidden Journey is Not for Many

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband particularly despises "Pooh sized". He's sort-of okay with "Shrek sized", though. :laughing: At least Shrek has some mojo.

Our family doctor called me last fall and told me that my husbands test results came back bad, and if he didn't lose some weight, he was going to end up on blood pressure meds. So I changed how I cook and started making lunches for him to take to work. We also started walking every evening, and gradually my husband started adding to that by walking home from work as well. He lost 65 lbs, his blood pressure is down, and he's looking... really sexy, actually. :flower3:

We're going to be doing lots of travelling this summer and fall, and it's so nice to be fit and have the extra energy to do it. And I've become kind of addicted to the walking. It's wonderful to just spend time together, talking. It reminds me just how much I love this guy.

Good luck with your weight-loss goals!

l'm doing my Gestational Diabetes diet. I lost 15 lbs while PG! And yeah walking is amazing!

Thanks and congrats on the new sexy hubby!

I just got back from today's preview. I'm 6'3", 230lb and had no trouble (and clicks to spare) on the ride, nor saw anyone else with problems. The original post is wrong. If there is a limit, then it's quite a bit more than me.

I just got back from today's preview. I'm 6'3", 230lb and had no trouble (and clicks to spare) on the ride, nor saw anyone else with problems. The original post is wrong. If there is a limit, then it's quite a bit more than me.
Thanks for posting your experience! All of this pot-stirring and fear mongering is getting very old.

As is the "Universal can do no wrong" cheerleading.
In case you haven't noticed this is the Universal board and fans tend to hang out here. Sometimes people who dislike Universal post here but from what I've seen few as consistently as yourself.

I think the dismissive attitude of some of the posters is rather insulting.

If Pete was turned away at 5'10" 230, then I will most likely be turned away at 6' 250.

I don't need anyone on these boards telling me to lose weight, I know I should. I don't need anyone telling me, or anyone else, that it's my own damn fault I can't ride the ride. You have no right to judge anyone other than yourself.

I am disappointed that I won't be able to ride this ride. I'm disappointed for myself and for others. I think what is going to be fueling a lot of the emotion here is that this seems to be a lower than normal bar for what is considered too large to ride. I've always considered myself chubby, but not fat. I guess what hurts here is that it's hard to say you aren't fat when you can't get on a ride like this.

Those of you who claim that you aren't trying to be insulting and you aren't trying to hurt anyone's feelings may not be trying, but I'm not sure you are succeeding. Honestly, saying something like "not to be a jerk" or "I'm not trying to be offensive" is basically giving yourself a free pass to go ahead and be a jerk or say something offensive.

If folks on these boards want to come on here and commiserate about the situation, please let us do that without all the moral posturing. We get enough of that in the real world.

My son is 6'3", weighs 245 lbs and he rode FJ last Saturday with no problems. My daughter & I are both size 16 and we had no problems. I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and realize that this is a soft opening, a test period to make adjustments where they are needed and avoid mishaps and breakdowns that would really ruin our vacations.

We spent 4 days at Universal and only rode FJ once, it was well worth it. If we hadn't been able to ride, it wouldn't have been the end of the world as the rest of WWOHP and both parks were so much fun.

I think the dismissive attitude of some of the posters is rather insulting.

If Pete was turned away at 5'10" 230, then I will most likely be turned away at 6' 250.

I don't need anyone on these boards telling me to lose weight, I know I should. I don't need anyone telling me, or anyone else, that it's my own damn fault I can't ride the ride. You have no right to judge anyone other than yourself.

I am disappointed that I won't be able to ride this ride. I'm disappointed for myself and for others. I think what is going to be fueling a lot of the emotion here is that this seems to be a lower than normal bar for what is considered too large to ride. I've always considered myself chubby, but not fat. I guess what hurts here is that it's hard to say you aren't fat when you can't get on a ride like this.

Those of you who claim that you aren't trying to be insulting and you aren't trying to hurt anyone's feelings may not be trying, but I'm not sure you are succeeding. Honestly, saying something like "not to be a jerk" or "I'm not trying to be offensive" is basically giving yourself a free pass to go ahead and be a jerk or say something offensive.

If folks on these boards want to come on here and commiserate about the situation, please let us do that without all the moral posturing. We get enough of that in the real world.

Note the previous post:

I think that this bodes well.

That's why i'm going AFTER the opening, Won't be as bad. But hey i'd prefer DC....oh yeah, that's BEEN there. :)

Note the previous post:

I think that this bodes well.

I'm not sure I agree. I will be hopeful, as I really love Harry Potter and wouldn't mind the excuse to get another trip in to IOA to visit Spider-man, but it sounds like it's about how you carry the weight. I fear that his height may have the weight spread better. Mine is around my midsection, a paunch if you will, and that might not be ok.

We'll see, it won't be the end of the world if I can't, I just won't go to Universal. I think I would be upset if I got there and found out I couldn't ride without any indications beforehand that this would be the case.

Does that make sense?

I'm not sure I agree. I will be hopeful, as I really love Harry Potter and wouldn't mind the excuse to get another trip in to IOA to visit Spider-man, but it sounds like it's about how you carry the weight. I fear that his height may have the weight spread better. Mine is around my midsection, a paunch if you will, and that might not be ok.

We'll see, it won't be the end of the world if I can't, I just won't go to Universal. I think I would be upset if I got there and found out I couldn't ride without any indications beforehand that this would be the case.

Does that make sense?

Fractal, I think you make an excellant point. We are getting all this information about the unusually stringent size-restriction on FJ from THIS board, not from Universal itself. They are not telling people at time-of-booking that a large percentage (no pun) of folks may not be able to ride the new, flagship attraction. I think it's unrealistic to say that folks are not visiting just for this ride - many are. I think if they can't do anything to lessen the restrictions, the only responsible thing for Universal to do is make them widely known before folks book.

Have you ridden Sum of All Thrills at Epcot? If so, how do the seats compare? DH is a few inches shorter than you but about your weight - he was able to ride SOAT with no trouble.

of course many are visiting JUST for this attraction, they will enjoy the other thrills, but c'mon....it is the ONLY place you can go to experience a simulated HP and Universal is banking on poeple coming based on WWOHP and then staying and spending. C/mon...the wording on the package did not include limiting the land to a time specific entrance and that is where the frustration comes in. Why offer an exclusive package at all if not to be different than the GP and on-site? Why not just sell exclusive dining ressies to 3B? Why choose the SUPERBOWL to attract people if the intent was for 2 hours? The package is based on a single land, was advertised for a single land, so it is not fair to incorporate the rest of US/IOA into the equation or tell package holders that there is more to do and get over it.

Have you ridden Sum of All Thrills at Epcot? If so, how do the seats compare? DH is a few inches shorter than you but about your weight - he was able to ride SOAT with no trouble.

I am not sure as I have not ridden either, but the seats are from the same manufacturer

You better believe it! :banana:

Although, to be honest, I thought he was pretty hot BEFORE he lost 60+ lbs (he started off at closer to 250). I like my men with some substance to them. But right now I got this thing about the way he crunches his abs... :woohoo:

of course many are visiting JUST for this attraction, they will enjoy the other thrills, but c'mon....it is the ONLY place you can go to experience a simulated HP and Universal is banking on poeple coming based on WWOHP and then staying and spending. C/mon...the wording on the package did not include limiting the land to a time specific entrance and that is where the frustration comes in. Why offer an exclusive package at all if not to be different than the GP and on-site? Why not just sell exclusive dining ressies to 3B? Why choose the SUPERBOWL to attract people if the intent was for 2 hours? The package is based on a single land, was advertised for a single land, so it is not fair to incorporate the rest of US/IOA into the equation or tell package holders that there is more to do and get over it.

So lets say you purchased this package for June 19th...do you still expect exclusive entrance to the area? The package read that you get it in the morning, not all day. What if they had the grand opening on May 28th, when the package started, again do you really think that the only people allowed in would be those that bought the package?

Maybe I'm one of the few, but I really don't spend more than 2 hours in a section of the park at US/IOA and even at WDW some areas are oh aww...move on! DH and I like to look, take pictures, ride something, take more pictures and then go on to the next area. I guess some really big fans would like to stay all day in the WWOHP area and never leave.:wizard:

So you bought an exclusive package...you get an extra hour in the morning to see the parks...you get breakfast at the 3 broomsticks...you get the ticket....I have an AP and an hotel only reservations....I might get the 30 minutes in the morning on the 19th and that is it! No breakfast, no ticket, just crowds. So yes you are getting something that the basic onsite hotel only person is not getting, and you are getting something that the just day visitor staying offsite with no package is getting. :yay:

I guess I don't think Universal ever intended a package deal that allowed people to get into an area that was open to the GP but not allow the GP in? Might as well go back to the old ticket system for each ride then. :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter