As feared Forbidden Journey is Not for Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip-a-dee-dude-da

If only I could find a woman like Tinkerbell!!
Two months ago I warned that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was not a ride a large percentage of people could ride

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2435896

After listening to Petes Review Of WWOHP It seem I was right. 5'10 and 230 lbs is too big! I feel Universal has really made a misstep on this......According to Pete they have a FATPATROL and pull people out of the line...even those who are just Mildly Shrek size......in the words of Pete.......This was an engineering disaster

They are pulling large riders and tall riders out of line after waiting in line...If 6'3 or taller...NO DICE..thier legs will hit the Spiders and Dementors...Word is Universal is freaking out over the restrictions and trying to adjust things, but it may just be too cost prohibative to change it......

As for the heavier riders ...the first day of the ride opening there were several riders who were pushed into the harness by the ride opps...several patrons complained about brusing from the tight harness and the next day no ride opp was allowed to push the harness down on a patron.....it must close by itself..several patron who rode the attraction the day before were all of a sudden denied access.....I hope Univ gets thier act together or this ride will be an opperational nightmare....

Its not a disaster. They made the ride to the specifications that were necessary. Its not a personal attack. If someone doesn't fit the specifications, in 90% of the cases, there is something they can do about that!

I suspect that it's the technology for the most part for the wider people and I don't know if anything could be done. I think that they need to adjust for the height if possible though.

Its not a disaster.!

Try telling that to a Universal Guest Relatons Host. Its already starting for them and things dont officially open untill June 18th. BTW telling someone who spent $2,000 on a vacation to see a new attraction, "If you dont like it go on a Diet"

I guess that they should post size limits on their website. Many rides do have such limits in parks everywhere so I don't know why this would such a surprise.

I guess many will have to ride the "Harry Potter and the Gastric Bypass Surgery" attraction first

BTW telling someone who spent $2,000 on a vacation to see a new attraction, "If you dont like it go on a Diet"

No, its "if you want to ride, go on a diet." What other option do you have? Complaining doesn't change the ride specifications. How long have you known that this ride wasn't going to accommodate everyone? Explain to me how your manner of handling it makes more sense than what I suggested.

BTW, everyone should click the link in the OP's post and see that she's been whining about this for two months. This is a Universal hater who just wants to complain about everything they do and doesn't understand why Disney rides have a more generous range of rider sizes vs. Universal. Its not that hard to understand.

Try telling that to a Universal Guest Relatons Host. Its already starting for them and things dont officially open untill June 18th. BTW telling someone who spent $2,000 on a vacation to see a new attraction, "If you dont like it go on a Diet"

To be fair, the restrictions have nothing to do with how thin/fat you are. It has to do with your dimensions, the size of your shoulders/chest, etc.

BTW, everyone should click the link in the OP's post and see that she's been whining about this for two months. This is a Universal hater who just wants to complain about everything they do and doesn't understand why Disney rides have a more generous range of rider sizes vs. Universal. Its not that hard to understand.
There seem to be quite a few of those here lately. I wish that they'd realize that more business at Universal will likely bring more business to WDW. I think that it's a win-win situation for everyone.

No, its "if you want to ride, go on a diet." What other option do you have? Complaining doesn't change the ride specifications. How long have you known that this ride wasn't going to accommodate everyone? Explain to me how your manner of handling it makes more sense than what I suggested.

I also think there is some that loves to :stir: imo

Does anyone have the exact seat sizes? It really sounds like a lot of people won't be able to ride.

I heard reports of people bigger than 230 lbs have ridden the ride. So I think it depends more on the way people are shaped than weight.

I guess that they should post size limits on their website. Many rides do have such limits in parks everywhere so I don't know why this would such a surprise.

It seems to be about more than weight. Height is an issue, very broad shoulders might be an issue, large chest size might be an issue. So it's hard to give a definitive size limit.

My BIL is 6' 4" and muscular, broad shoulders, I don't know if too broad for FJ, but he was planning on taking big fan of HP daughter to Universal specifially for WWofHP and FJ, he says now they won't be going unless knows for sure that he can take her on FJ. He fits fine on every other ride at Universal and Cedar Point, why would it even cross his mind that he wouldnt fit on FJ? He knows now because I mentioned it to him yesterday, he wants to know why he would waste him money just for 2 re-themed rollercoasters and some gift shops?

I realize it's soft opening and every ride has issues, but I also totally understand people who are re-thinking their plans. I know I wouldn't want to find out until I got there whether or not I can ride the coolest new ride that's one of the main reasons for my trip to begin with.

We were going to stay at Universal for three nights before switching to WDW for a week in December, but I'm going to stall on plans to visit Universal until more particulars are available. My hubby is 6'5" tall, although he has short legs (he wears a 32 length pant....well actually 32 is slightly too short and a 34 is slightly too long, so I guess he really wears about a 33 length pant). He's not large, he doesn't have big shoulders or a big chest.....he's just tall. I can hardly believe a thrill ride was constructed based on people under 6'2" or 6'3". I mean really, there's a ton of people who are taller than that. I just can't wrap my brain around it. :confused3

As a larger person I'm used to not always fitting everywhere, it sucks but you get used to it. However one member of our party this summer is barely 140lbs and she may not fit in FJ either because she has a large chest. Tiny shoulders but big ****s :) !

Seems like there are quite a few limitations to that ride, height, width, broad shouldered, large chest, large belly... you may be a rather "normal" size and still not fit.

I'm 30lbs lighter than on my previous trip and I will not fit because I carry most of my weight in chest and belly. Not a big deal since I know nothing about Harry Potter anyway, but it's not hard to understand why people who have planned their entire vacation around this attraction can be upset. Especially if it's due to something they have no control over, like height.

This is a Universal hater who just wants to complain about everything they do and doesn't understand why Disney rides have a more generous range of rider sizes vs. Universal. Its not that hard to understand.

I am a Universal Hater no more than you are a Universal apologist.

I dont Hate Universal as a matter of fact I love it. Why else would I follow a new attraction so closely..I am just amazed that Universal Management is so short sighted in thier thinking.....I know many say HP is not for all ages ..but many small people (KIDS) love Harry Potter...Why the Height restriction as well...Im sure a Thrilling all inclusive ride could have been made (see Spiderman , probably the greatest theme park ride ever built).

From a Managerial and investment standpoint it just makes sense to build a more accessible ride....Kids/fat/tall/short/old/large chested/muscular/ all cannot ride......DOES THIS MAKE SENSE...Would any of you who designed a ride at a LARGE park (catering to families) do such a thing with MILLIONS of dollars at stake....Would Animal Kingdom open with a safari ride with such restrictions.....would SeaWorld make a Whale show for 3/4 of their Patrons.....Harry Potter appeals to Kids and Families why not make a ride that can accomidate while it thrills. It can be done ...Universal has done it before...Mummy...MIB...SIMPSONS.....SPIDERMAN....CATinHAT...JP...these rides are all much more accessible.

I am a Universal Hater no more than you are a Universal apologist.

I dont Hate Universal as a matter of fact I love it. Why else would I follow a new attraction so closely..I am just amazed that Universal Management is so short sighted in thier thinking.....I know many say HP is not for all ages ..but many small people (KIDS) love Harry Potter...Why the Height restriction as well...Im sure a Thrilling all inclusive ride could have been made (see Spiderman , probably the greatest theme park ride ever built).

From a Managerial and investment standpoint it just makes sense to build a more accessible ride....Kids/fat/tall/short/old/large chested/muscular/ all cannot ride......DOES THIS MAKE SENSE...Would any of you who designed a ride at a LARGE park (catering to families) do such a thing with MILLIONS of dollars at stake....Would Animal Kingdom open with a safari ride with such restrictions.....would SeaWorld make a Whale show for 3/4 of their Patrons.....Harry Potter appeals to Kids and Families why not make a ride that can accomidate while it thrills. It can be done ...Universal has done it before...Mummy...MIB...SIMPSONS.....SPIDERMAN....CATinHAT...JP...these rides are all much more accessible.

Forbidden Journey has the same height restriction as Mummy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter