Arrive Canada vs Nexus

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
Hello

We haven't traveled outside the country in a long time. We will be coming back through Ottawa. My family all has Nexus cards, but two are kids so we usually have to wait in a line when we come though (again, based on travels pre COVID). My sister's Nexus is expired so she will be doing the interview when we leave the country. Her baby does not have NEXUS.

All this to say, should we stick together and use the Arrive Canada app? Or are we better off going through the NEXUS line?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks!

The sticking point is the kids. At YYZ, the automated system won't let my youngest through the gates since she doesn't have a photo of her on file - this will probably get rectified next renewal, as she's probably old enough for that now. But since we don't have a photo, we have to go to the "family" kiosks which you have to do with kids and ArriveCan anyway.

BTW, for anyone going through Toronto Pearson that doesn't have NEXUS/Global Entry, YYZ Express is a good option. My brother used it and was through just a tad slower than my family with NEXUS. Only sticking point is that you have to set a time to go through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter