Are you averse to the 'new' 5-day pass only? Please read and comment...

It looks like this discussion has died away, so I will just add that I received another email from guest relations that states that they are not bringing back the longer tickets. We have to settle for the 5 days or do a combination of different tickets or buy an AP. Sad to say, nothing is going to change.:mad:
I would still ask about adding the 6th day when you get there, because several of us were told that we could add a 6th day, but we would have to wait until the 5th day to do so.

I would still ask about adding the 6th day when you get there, because several of us were told that we could add a 6th day, but we would have to wait until the 5th day to do so.

That makes it a bit hard to plan though. We are going down in December for a Saturday - Friday vacation. If we knew we had 6 days, we would enjoy a few hours in the park on the Saturday we get in. However, due to the 5 day limitation, we'll use the 5 day ticket on Sunday - Thursday. My point, is that I would want the extra days to have fun at the beginning of the trip, not the end of the trip, when there are flights to catch.

Somewhat related, is that I would have booked a Saturday - Saturday trip (paying for another night in the DL hotel) if I could have bought a 6 (or heavens forbid, a 7 day pass, like we used to do.) I know Disney doesn't make much money on the extra days, but they do on the hotel rooms and it made this Disneyphile happy to have the extra days to use at our leisure.

It's supposed to be (and it is for us) a Resort. I don't know of other resorts which discourage folks from enjoying a full week.

I understand why they did it, but wish they could have found another solution to scalpers who resold the longer tickets to make a profit. It seems like the new ID requirements I've heard about could have solved the issue.

-Shawn

That makes it a bit hard to plan though. We are going down in December for a Saturday - Friday vacation. If we knew we had 6 days, we would enjoy a few hours in the park on the Saturday we get in. However, due to the 5 day limitation, we'll use the 5 day ticket on Sunday - Thursday. My point, is that I would want the extra days to have fun at the beginning of the trip, not the end of the trip, when there are flights to catch.

Somewhat related, is that I would have booked a Saturday - Saturday trip (paying for another night in the DL hotel) if I could have bought a 6 (or heavens forbid, a 7 day pass, like we used to do.) I know Disney doesn't make much money on the extra days, but they do on the hotel rooms and it made this Disneyphile happy to have the extra days to use at our leisure.

It's supposed to be (and it is for us) a Resort. I don't know of other resorts which discourage folks from enjoying a full week.

I understand why they did it, but wish they could have found another solution to scalpers who resold the longer tickets to make a profit. It seems like the new ID requirements I've heard about could have solved the issue.

-Shawn
I completely understand and agree with you. We were in the same position of wanting to use the extra day at the beginning and I didn't want to risk not getting the same answer at the end of the trip. We also had discounted convention tickets, so we would have had to pay the difference between the regular price and our discounted price, plus $15 per person, so it wasn't worth that much money plus the risk of missing out on our last full day.

I wrote Disney delineating my reasons why I thought the discontinuation of the 6+ day hopper tickets was a bad idea, citing the same reasons you mention above. More days = more money spent in food, souveniers, etc. It is bad in a business sense to make people feel like they have to shorten their trips. Most of us who do not go to Disney several times a year (we go ever 2-4 years) are not going to pay an extra $200 per person to upgrade to an annual pass, and the price for just an extra day is ridiculous. I hope people will continue to e-mail and write Disneyland. I received a personal phone call in response to my snail mail letter.

Hope you have a wonderful Disney trip!:)

When I get there I'm going to ask if I can upgrade my five day hopper on the last day. If they say yes, I'm getting it in writing!!!

When I get there I'm going to ask if I can upgrade my five day hopper on the last day. If they say yes, I'm getting it in writing!!!
I think that is a great idea. If I had thought it was worth it for us to upgrade, I would have definitely done that. If you do, please let us know afterward how it went!:)

We just returned today from a week long trip and our plan was to take a pool day mid week since we'd only have 5 park days. Unfortunately our pool day was chilly, so my husband talked to the front desk at DLH and they said adding a day wasn't a big deal but to talk to guest services. He talked to them and they also said it was totally fine, but we needed to do it on the 5th day. On the 5th day he went to guest services and we were able to add a 6th day, but apparently that CM was a little cranky about it. The important thing is, we got the 6th day! :)

We just returned today from a week long trip and our plan was to take a pool day mid week since we'd only have 5 park days. Unfortunately our pool day was chilly, so my husband talked to the front desk at DLH and they said adding a day wasn't a big deal but to talk to guest services. He talked to them and they also said it was totally fine, but we needed to do it on the 5th day. On the 5th day he went to guest services and we were able to add a 6th day, but apparently that CM was a little cranky about it. The important thing is, we got the 6th day! :)

Can you share what the cost for the added 6th day was per ticket?

When I first started this thread, I am pretty sure, Disney Executives, that you were watching it with great interest. More and more DISboard members and their friends and family began to respond, so many wrote in to you, and only one (new Disboard member) poster seemed to try to get things shut down very quickly on this thread. Thanks to mods who kept this thread running, as nothing badly was being said EXCEPT for by the thread poster who did get banned by the mods on the Disboards for the things they said specifically in this thread, we showed you just how important this issue is to us, yet, many canned responses, and very very few personal replies were ever issued, sometimes with a 'let's wait and see' approach. Well, we have waited - for many, many months... we have seen progress with the security in reducing fraudulent ticket sales.... one of the reasons stated for the 6 and 7 day Park Hopper pass discontinuation.

The thread remained alive, however, and sadly it appeared that you turned your back on your loyal fans/Resort guests. We are not asking for a ridiculous request, we are simply asking that 6 or 7 day Park Hopper passes at a reasonable price similar to the cost per day of a 5 day Park Hopper pass be implemented at your Resort, as it once was. Your Resort is bigger now, with more attractions, why would you expect us to reduce our days at your Resort? Would you like to be charged more for your entree (than other guests) each time you eat at your favorite restaurant because you frequent the establishment many days over the years, more than what they do? Would you see that as being fair?

You showed us that you now know how to take photos and get signatures to stop the fraudulent use at the entrances. Great! :) This was understandably being implemented to ensure you do not have others selling leftover tickets, etc. That being said, what harm is it for you to offer some of your fans a reasonable price on an extended pass WHERE THEY DO NOT HAVE TO PAY MORE PER DAY to go (than they would with a 5 day pass, on a per-day basis) to your RESORT!!! Which, as you know, has been 'touted' in the media as a Resort, where one will want to spend 'many' days there. Many being more than 5!

When we were at your Resort for our trip in May 2013, the crowds astounded us - yes, Disney, you are now making it bigger than ever, and it seems that you really do not care which families or individuals you step on to get there, or else you would have responded to so many requests by so many people, to implement 6 and 7 day passes at reasonable prices, similar to your 5 day pass system.

Have you not read the personal posts in this thread of real, actual families, with financial hardships who still save every extra penny they have for their dream trips? Have you enough guests flocking to your parks already, that you really don't need your 6 and 7 day Park Hopper fans? That is the impression I have gotten for a long while now.

I got to see Walt's Apt. on the 'Walk in Walt's Footsteps' tour in May 2013, and was thrilled with it, but alas, we will have to reconsider putting our money into a company/Resort who feels it is ok to charge more per day in the parks if their loyal clients want to spend more than 5 days there. I expect others feel the same way.

Maybe things will change in the future??

Disney, I leave you with this...

What would Walt do? What would he want? We have heard it was due to fraud, but you have since remedied that, via pictures, signatures, etc. You have also mentioned 'not very many of your guests purchase longer than 5 day passes.' We have since come out of the woodwork and proved you wrong. For those of us traveling a long distance, it does make sense we want to spend more than 5 days there. Especially with the higher crowds since Cars Land opened. Some of us don't want to go out to Lego Land, etc., and travel a distance, when we can get a great experience at your Land.) It costs a lot to get out there, and you would know all of this had you read all of the very personal posts in this thread. People here speak from the heart, and I truly hope you will finally listen and respond. (IF the 6 and 7 day Park Hoppers were being sold at a reasonable price, similar to that of a 5 day pass.

After setting foot in Walt's Apartment on the last trip, and hearing the story of opening day, 'seeing' him standing there at the window, in my mind and heart - I honestly believe he would never have wanted for Disney to take this stance. Nor would his family, I believe.

For the sake of asking of being able to receive a longer than 5 day park hopper, I asked cast members on both the first and the last day, to no avail. I was asked to buy another one day, etc. Park Hopper. Yup. :cloud9: On what planet does this happen? That a family of 4 says, "Oh please, yes, we want to buy another one day pass, therefore making each day spent in the park MORE money than a 5 day park hopper costs per day?"

Which leads me to this... IS Disney seeking ONLY guests who have money, and oodles of it? Are they looking for those who will spend more on souvenirs, food, snacks, etc.? I DID ask for free iced water on the day that was so hot they couldn't open the umbrellas at the Bengal BBQ due to the winds that made things feel like a convection oven during a hot wave... BUT I also spent $35 on the skewers!!

I was so glad I got to meet Chef Oscar again, and got a pic. with him and my family. ALSO GOT TO EAT his famous soup, oh my gosh!! :) Thank you, Chef Oscar, you are one in a trillion. :worship:

I implore you, Disney Execs, to please pay attention to this thread, re-read the stories in this thread, and do the right thing. Please.
We are all counting on you...

:earsboy:
:earsboy: X MANY DISboard fans, family, and friends!

Thank you, jory29, for your well-written post. I whole-heartedly agree!! Hopefully someone at Disney will read it. I wrote e-mails, wrote letters, and had my children each write a letter. I had hoped that many people would write and that it would make a difference. I am absolutely NOT going to buy another day ticket on top of a hopper pass. We had 5-day hoppers in March and I would have liked 7-day hoppers. We have had 8-day hoppers in the past. Apparently, Disney does not want our food/shopping $ enough to offer them again. It is sad indeed, and I don't understand how it can be good business. They must be making enough $ and the restriction hasn't hurt them. Thank you for calling attention again to this!

Thank you, jory29, for your well-written post. I whole-heartedly agree!! Hopefully someone at Disney will read it. I wrote e-mails, wrote letters, and had my children each write a letter. I had hoped that many people would write and that it would make a difference. I am absolutely NOT going to buy another day ticket on top of a hopper pass. We had 5-day hoppers in March and I would have liked 7-day hoppers. We have had 8-day hoppers in the past. Apparently, Disney does not want our food/shopping $ enough to offer them again. It is sad indeed, and I don't understand how it can be good business. They must be making enough $ and the restriction hasn't hurt them. Thank you for calling attention again to this!

Hi Sgrap, thank you for all of your support from start, to end... I am positive someone from Disney reads this thread. Thank you for taking all of that time to write emails, letters, and have your children each write a letter. The sad thing is, so many people did contact Disney Guest Services by emailing, phoning, or writing to them via postal mail, but Disney decided in the end, it was not worth their while. Yes, indeed, it is clear that at this point they do not think our money spent on food and shopping to be able to offer us more time in the park is worth it for them. I think you are right that they are making enough money, but I believe this mind set is not responsible, reasonable, and is actually making less money for them. Yes, they have 'enough' people. But seriously, if you and I stop going, that is less dollars for them ultimately. Until they have to turn folks away, from capacity, they are losing money by not offering these passes. My family has now been discussing our next vacation destination, trying to seek out a place that is more fairly priced for entertainment (namely, where you do not get gouged in your wallet for wanting to spend more than 5 days there.) As an annual week long frequenter to the park with my family of 4 for the last 8 years, with one of those years being where we took our son's friend with us for another magical trip, (going twice that year), I have been ok with price raises, etc., and have managed to make it work. I stay at home with my child because he has has special needs, and even then, it is so important for us to scrape up and save to make that trip for our children. But when Disney tells me that if I want to spend more than 5 days in the park, either pay MORE money per each day in the park, or get out - well, I wonder what my option will be. (?) I wonder what this option will be for others on these boards? And their family, and their friends? Disney needs to recognize that not everyone can walk over to the parks at a moment's notice. It takes many months of planning, months of saving, months of hope-filled dreams, and why should we only get to have 5 days in the Parks, especially in the instances where it costs so much money just to get to the Parks. Why would ANYONE pay for another day pass, or 3 day park hopper, or annual pass, (in the annual pass case, can work out IF you can afford to make another trip within the year, for a week or so at a time.) But very $$$ and 'taking a chance' lest something happen and you can NOT make it back within that year's end!

I am at a loss to see why Disney can not make this very small accommodation for those who have whole-heartedly requested it - Disney has made it obvious that they think 'this is not our popular selling ticket' while we, on the DISboards, have made it obvious that they ARE losing money by not offering longer park hopper tickets. Many people do want to go for 3 - 5 days and that's great - but to what purpose is it to penalize those who want to stay longer, (charging more per day every day after 5 days) and for those who purchasing an annual pass due to distance does not work?

Seriously, Disney, please do the right thing. This has gone on for over a year now, with some hope dangled, then squashed.

P.S. Dear Disney... we are not asking for a miracle, simply asking for some pixie dust :tink: to reinstate something that once was. (Especially now that you have gotten the fraudulent ticket sales under control via your pics., signatures, etc.)

I am at a lose. I have even contacted the Disney rep for the newspaper. Oh well is the only response I have gotten. My trip this year is going to happen, we are scraping our funds together, but it won't be as fun since I know I won't get to do everything I wanted.

Next year, I have decided to do something new, we are going to Universal Studios for 13 days. I have a year and half to save and reservations are made. I never thought I would choose to go some where else.

Jory, thanks for all the effort you have taken to keep this thread alive.:sad:

dcraythorn said:
I am at a lose. I have even contacted the Disney rep for the newspaper. Oh well is the only response I have gotten. My trip this year is going to happen, we are scraping our funds together, but it won't be as fun since I know I won't get to do everything I wanted.

Next year, I have decided to do something new, we are going to Universal Studios for 13 days. I have a year and half to save and reservations are made. I never thought I would choose to go some where else.

Jory, thanks for all the effort you have taken to keep this thread alive.:sad:

Universal studios Orlando or Hollywood?

Orlando. Going to stay on-site for the express pass. We will also go to WDW but just 2 parks.

I can't imagine what one would do for more than 3 days at Universal Studios.

Has anyone had experience recently getting the 5 day park hopper upgraded to a 6th day?

I don't think so. I asked the same question in another thread and the most recent 6th day was added in late May, before they changed the rule.

I can't imagine what one would do for more than 3 days at Universal Studios.

I know I can do more than 3 days at Universal, I will also have 2 days at WDW and we will do Sea World. We also want to rent a car and drive out to the coast since neither my dh or myself have been to the coast down there. I think it will be cutting it short with 11 days. I'm not going to count the first and last day as we will be flying in and flying out.

We where just at the park a few weeks ago and while waiting in line to get into to Disneyland we over heard the group behind us complaining about this same topic, when a family behind them interrupted and said they had the same concern but was able to add an extra day on her 5 day passes at a lower price , I didn't hear the full conversation but the group behind us left shortly after and headed right over the ticket booths... the line picked up at that point so I don't know the end result.

My DH and I are pass holders , but my friends are not and had tickets, the first time they went in they where asked to connect a photo to there ticket , my friend neglected to do it while at DL,so when we went over to CA they reminded her again.... so they are taking security measure to assure your ticket is your ticket.

Just an opinion BUT, there is so much to do in the surrounding area of Disneyland , why not go check out Knots , or take a drive/bus to the beach vs adding that 6th or 7th day. I know they have a city pass which offers a great discount on other So.Cal attractions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter