Are my Disneyland Paris plans doable????

voicesatnight

elliott
Hi!

Me (25F) and my mother (53F) will be on a weeklong cruise in Europe and decided to extend our trip for an extra week, half in Switzerland and the other half in, you guessed it, Paris. We've been to Paris before but missed out on DLP bc my parents expected my 17-year-old non-French speaking/understanding self to figure it out...

Anyways we're going for a day (Nov 15th) and plan to take the DLP Express and get the two-park entry tickets. This is really important to me bc I used to work at DHS in WDW at Sunset Blvd and really want to experience Tower and Flight Force (RIP RNRC). I also really want to do the quintessential/unique DLP rides and experiences.

Here's my list of must do attractions:
  • Flight Force
  • Cars Rallye
  • Crush's Coaster
  • Disney Studio 1
  • Ratatouille
  • Tower of Terror
  • Small World
  • Alice's Labyrinth
  • Snow White
  • Disneyland Railroad
  • Discovery/Liberty Arcade
  • Gardens of wonder
  • Indianna Jones
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle
  • Le Pays des Contes de Fees
  • Les Mystereres du Nautilus
  • Pinocchio
  • Phantom Manor
  • Space Mountain
Is that too ambitious, did I leave anything out, is anything overrated and not really worth it? I only read the descriptions on the DLP website and picked what sound the most interesting/unique (as I've also never been to DL or DCA)

Also, would it be better to get a cab than to take the express bc I don't think my mom would like to spend her whole day at the parks so it might be more convenient to leave when we're don't than to wait until 9pm, but not if it's too expensive. We'll be staying near the Louvre. I welcome all help, thank you!

General tip: The DLP website is not the best to find information what the park is really like. Go have a look at online ride videos at Socal 360, or Theme Park World Wide. There are plenty of videos online to get a feel.

I think it's doable, but I would make sure you are at the park before opening. It's a weekend day, it'll be busy. Where possible use single rider lines and maybe look into Premier Access passes.

Skip on your list:
  • Cars Rallye is not worth your time with your group. It's a kiddie ride, and the vehicles are not really made for 2 adults.
  • Disney Studio 1 is not really a ride, it's a store on one side and a restaurant/cafe on the other side. It's not unique in anyway.
  • Ratatouille is not unique to Paris anymore, if you still visit WDW frequently, I would go to Epcot. Or in Paris use a single rider's line.
  • Nautilius is a walkthrough and since the animantronic has been replaced by a screen... not worth it.
  • Gardens of Wonder is the area in front of the castle. It's a nice distraction with the sculptures they still have for the 30th anniversary. I believe they will stay after september when the 30th anniversary celebration is over, but not 100% sure.
Add to your list:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain in Paris are (among) the best of all Disney parks. And should be must-dos
  • What I would do, I would take the train/subway to the parks. You are in the city center so it's easy to get delayed due to traffic. Much cheaper. When your mom is done, let her go back on her own. And you can stay for the fireworks etc.

General tip: The DLP website is not the best to find information what the park is really like. Go have a look at online ride videos at Socal 360, or Theme Park World Wide. There are plenty of videos online to get a feel.

I think it's doable, but I would make sure you are at the park before opening. It's a weekend day, it'll be busy. Where possible use single rider lines and maybe look into Premier Access passes.

Skip on your list:
  • Cars Rallye is not worth your time with your group. It's a kiddie ride, and the vehicles are not really made for 2 adults.
  • Disney Studio 1 is not really a ride, it's a store on one side and a restaurant/cafe on the other side. It's not unique in anyway.
  • Ratatouille is not unique to Paris anymore, if you still visit WDW frequently, I would go to Epcot. Or in Paris use a single rider's line.
  • Nautilius is a walkthrough and since the animantronic has been replaced by a screen... not worth it.
  • Gardens of Wonder is the area in front of the castle. It's a nice distraction with the sculptures they still have for the 30th anniversary. I believe they will stay after september when the 30th anniversary celebration is over, but not 100% sure.
Add to your list:
  • Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain in Paris are (among) the best of all Disney parks. And should be must-dos
  • What I would do, I would take the train/subway to the parks. You are in the city center so it's easy to get delayed due to traffic. Much cheaper. When your mom is done, let her go back on her own. And you can stay for the fireworks etc.
Noted! Thank you for the video tip, I'll definitely watch some once I get out of work. I'm not sure where I heard that the train to DLP was closing but good to know that's just a rumor and still an option. I definitely have some more work to do planning this trip, haha.

Noted! Thank you for the video tip, I'll definitely watch some once I get out of work. I'm not sure where I heard that the train to DLP was closing but good to know that's just a rumor and still an option. I definitely have some more work to do planning this trip, haha.
There can be strikes and construction work, but they will not close the line permanently. That really isn't going to happen as the castmembers depend on it. Many live in the city or suburbs. They need the train to get to work.

If possible at all, try to go during a week day rather than a week end, it makes a lot of difference.
If it's within budget, consider buying the Premier Pass for Crush. The line spikes to 1 hour+ minutes after early entry and since you're not staying onsite you'll find a long line already when the park opens to the general public.

Are you willing to use single rider lines?
If so, I'd do this:
Arrive early for rope drop. As said, you'll be behind all onsite guests. Start with the studios. Go straight to the tower of Terror, it should have a reasonable line still. Then single rider for Web (the spider man ride), Flight Force and Ratatouille (in this order).
Do the Premier Pass for Crush when you the get the chance/return time.

If you like shows, Mickey and the Magician and Together are really good, but they take time. Together might be dark at those time, I think.
Go to the main park. Go to Phantom Manor, it usually has a short line most of the day. It has a different story than Haunted Mansion, because it's in Frontierland. Some scenes are the same, but it darker, it has one prominent original character and the graveyard scene is completely unique. Worth it.
Consider the Premier Pass for BTMRR, it's the best version in the world.
Indiana Jones used to be a walk on most of the day but now with Premier Pass it has loner lines. It's a 90 seconds coaster, not worth more than 20 minutes wait, but it's unique.
Pirates and It's a small world often have a short wait so they may be worth a ride since they have some differences, but skippable if you don't have the time.
Les Pay the compte de fee is a tranquil boat ride. Nothing special, similar to the DLR ride, but it usually has 10 minutes wait. It closes early, don't wait for the evening. Casey Jr train is a kiddie ride along the same scenes as the boat, but different perspective. Worth 10 minutes wait max.
Alice closes at sunset too, it's worth the visit as it almost never has a line. Be sure to enter the Queen of hearts labirinth and go up to the castle, it has one of the best views (over Fantasiland) in any Disney park in the world.
Skip Buzz Lightyear shooting ride (different scenes from WDW but same style), Star Tour (identical to WDW), Autopia (bleah), but ride Space Mountains. It's much more intense than WDW, if you like RnRC you'll like SP in Paris. It has a single rider line (if it's open).

Pinocchio and Snow White have usually 20+ minutes wait. I don't think they're worth that much, but they're unique (well, they are in DLR). They close early with the rest of Fantasyland, so don't wait too much.

Last edited:
I’m here now….
I’d strongly consider adding a show to your list. Either Pixar or Mickey and the Musician. The shows here are like nothing I’ve seen at Disney Parks, maybe for Lion King. They usual run about 30minutes and are exceptional. They are in both French and English.

Heads up, the park I’m finding is harder to get you bearings and navigate. It often takes longer than I anticipate to get to one point to another, and let’s just say efficiency is not the parks strong point. For example, they have only 4 lanes at times open to enter the park! It’s bananas! I am here during peak crowds though so perhaps will be better for you.

I agree with other posters, Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates and Hyperspace mountain are must dos! If it’s in your judges you can utilize the pay per ride premier pass (similar to ILLs) to save on time.

There can be strikes and construction work, but they will not close the line permanently. That really isn't going to happen as the castmembers depend on it. Many live in the city or suburbs. They need the train to get to work.
Where is the train and how frequent is it? I am wondering if I should just stay off site at the hotel we found my Arc du Triomphe

The station is right outside the gate and I think it's every 20 minutes or so? Quite frequent. You can use google maps to look up times/frequency.

The station is right outside the gate and I think it's every 20 minutes or so? Quite frequent. You can use google maps to look up times/frequency.

They try to run trains to Chessy/Marne-La-Vallee every 6-8 minutes from Paris during peak time. Every 12-15 minutes late at night and make sure to check the destination of the train on the screens in the station when in Paris. "Chessy/Marne-La-Vallee" is the one you need.

From Charles de Gaulle/Etoile, which is the RER A stop near the Arc de Triomphe, you're looking at 45-50 minutes to reach Chessy, where Disneyland Paris is. If you don't mind that, you can just ride the train into DLP and not bother with changing hotels.

We took RER A last week from downtown Paris to DLP and it worked great. As already mentioned, just make sure you get on the right train as some RER A don't go to DLP. It took us about 45 minutes to get there and you pop out right at the park. Super easy.

Hi!

Me (25F) and my mother (53F) will be on a weeklong cruise in Europe and decided to extend our trip for an extra week, half in Switzerland and the other half in, you guessed it, Paris. We've been to Paris before but missed out on DLP bc my parents expected my 17-year-old non-French speaking/understanding self to figure it out...

Anyways we're going for a day (Nov 15th) and plan to take the DLP Express and get the two-park entry tickets. This is really important to me bc I used to work at DHS in WDW at Sunset Blvd and really want to experience Tower and Flight Force (RIP RNRC). I also really want to do the quintessential/unique DLP rides and experiences.

Here's my list of must do attractions:
  • Flight Force
  • Cars Rallye
  • Crush's Coaster
  • Disney Studio 1
  • Ratatouille
  • Tower of Terror
  • Small World
  • Alice's Labyrinth
  • Snow White
  • Disneyland Railroad
  • Discovery/Liberty Arcade
  • Gardens of wonder
  • Indianna Jones
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle
  • Le Pays des Contes de Fees
  • Les Mystereres du Nautilus
  • Pinocchio
  • Phantom Manor
  • Space Mountain
Is that too ambitious, did I leave anything out, is anything overrated and not really worth it? I only read the descriptions on the DLP website and picked what sound the most interesting/unique (as I've also never been to DL or DCA)

Also, would it be better to get a cab than to take the express bc I don't think my mom would like to spend her whole day at the parks so it might be more convenient to leave when we're don't than to wait until 9pm, but not if it's too expensive. We'll be staying near the Louvre. I welcome all help, thank you!
In addition to the above, I highly recommend the spiderman WEB ride. It is really fun! I also would not bother with Cars Rallye. We were there for 3 days in october (Thurs, Fri, Sat) and did basically everything in both parks in a day and a half, and on our 3rd day (Saturday) we were able to reride our faves at both parks, even with a bunch of stops to rest.

The Gardens of Wonder sculptures were still there in late October, but not sure how long they will be up.

Disney Studios is really very small and can be done in a couple hours. If you are prioritizing, the Snow White ride is basically the same as the old WDW Snow White ride, and I thought the Indiana Jones coaster was very meh.

The rides we rode more than once were:
Flight Force
WEB
Tower of Terror
Phantom Manor
Big Thunder Mountain
Hyperspace Mountain
Small World (I love Small World)
Carousel
Pirates
Teacups (I am also a sucker for Teacups)

I would also recommend using RER A to get to and from the parks. It is very easy, the station is literally outside the gates. I don't speak French and I'm 41 and I could navigate getting to and from the parks quite easily both with my friends (somehow I was alwas the navigator even though both of them had taken French, and I speak English and German...) and alone. (I had to go back to Paris Gare de l'est to take a train home).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter