Are manners becoming extinct?

I was in Menards yesterday and what looked like a middle school aged boy inadvertently cut me off at the end of an aisle. He said, "Oh, I'm sorry. Excuse me". He was so polite. All is not lost.

Maybe it’s an American thing. Not an issue here in my area in Canada at all that I see. And I’m surrounded by this age group.

Have you tried putting your kids in sports or theatre?
Not an American thing where I am, I have five 20 something’s with very large active friend groups, multiple ones. HS friends, college friends, work friends, when they come home I regularly have literally dozens of friends at my house, the night before thanksgiving there were 50 of them here. Now that they’re all adults their friend groups sometimes combine and they all go out together (I do have 2 living down the shore in NJ so summers mean a lot of socializing).

I was in Menards yesterday and what looked like a middle school aged boy inadvertently cut me off at the end of an aisle. He said, "Oh, I'm sorry. Excuse me". He was so polite. All is not lost.
His parents obviously bought their house cheap, paid a low interest rate and that kid's not even thinking of having teen sex for fun yet.

Not an American thing where I am, I have five 20 something’s with very large active friend groups, multiple ones. HS friends, college friends, work friends, when they come home I regularly have literally dozens of friends at my house, the night before thanksgiving there were 50 of them here. Now that they’re all adults their friend groups sometimes combine and they all go out together (I do have 2 living down the shore in NJ so summers mean a lot of socializing).
I keep hearing about how young people aren't good with face to face interactions, screens blah blah blah.

Maybe said poster could come to one of my kids next parties and explain to them that they are all supposed to be home behind their screens.

Not sure if people witness one thing, or read one article and just assume the whole generation is this way? I don't get it. Why post something that is so easily discredited by people with teens/college kids?

I recently got (falsely) accused of projecting a horrendous position on someone. Thankfully multiple people defended me from that shameful accusation. The next time I saw the accuser they acted like nothing happened. Didn't even get an apology. Manners really are going extinct.

I recently got (falsely) accused of projecting a horrendous position on someone. Thankfully multiple people defended me from that shameful accusation. The next time I saw the accuser they acted like nothing happened. Didn't even get an apology. Manners really are going extinct.
I agree. An apology or some sort of acknowledgement should have taken place. Not surprised it didn't though to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter