APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

Subscribing. Dates 4/23-5/2 and the best I found was city special at Dollar mid size car for $225, I know I can find better.

Looking for a good deal during our Spring Break trip next year and didn't see a thread started...

Best deal I've found thus far is through our Costco membership:

Dates: 4/2-4/10
Rental Company: Alamo
Car: Full-size
Rate: $280.27

Would love to be able to take that down for a little extra spending money! :)

Hi all, I just figured out a great rate combo for Alamo:

Contract ID: 7016427 (Vegas Brazil)
Coupon Code: AU5059ODT (Edvantage Upgrade)

laura428, when I did this for your dates I was able to get a full size reservation for $228.00!

For myself, I booked a midsize 9 day reservation for $212 (4/17-4/26) and a 6 day reservation for $154 (4/20-4/26). Not sure which length we need yet, so will cancel the one we don't need.

Hi all, I just figured out a great rate combo for Alamo:

laura428, when I did this for your dates I was able to get a full size reservation for $228.00!

For myself, I booked a midsize 9 day reservation for $212 (4/17-4/26) and a 6 day reservation for $154 (4/20-4/26). Not sure which length we need yet, so will cancel the one we don't need.

That sounds awesome! But remind me - what exactly is the Vegas Brazil code? And what is the Edvantage Upgrade? And would I need to provide proof of anything for either? I went back and looked at Costco again, and am now down to $235!! Happy with the $45 savings... for now. ;)

That sounds awesome! But remind me - what exactly is the Vegas Brazil code? And what is the Edvantage Upgrade? And would I need to provide proof of anything for either? I went back and looked at Costco again, and am now down to $235!! Happy with the $45 savings... for now. ;)

Vegas Brazil is a travel agency (in Vegas!). They have a negotiated rate with Alamo and anyone can use it...I have read some posts of others contacting them about it.

We used it last year in November with no issues (stacked it with a Visa Coupon).

The Edvantage doesn't seem to help me much but it would if I was looking for a standard car vs a minivan! Some nice upgrade savings there!

Thank you for the Vegas Brazil code and the Edvantage coupon with Alamo. Just got my 4/24 to 5/5 rental down to $267. Not great but something I can live with until we all see some real downward movement. The days of really cheap rentals seem to be over!

Thank you for the Vegas Brazil code and the Edvantage coupon with Alamo. Just got my 4/24 to 5/5 rental down to $267. Not great but something I can live with until we all see some real downward movement. The days of really cheap rentals seem to be over!

Yes, it's nice to have something in your pocket just in case rates don't go down!

My SUV rental (April 24th to May 3rd) with Dollar went down $8 today to $312.

It's only 8 bucks, but hey....I'll take it :teeth: . A decrease is a decrease!

I tried the Vegas Bazil and the Edvantage code. Alamo says the coupon code not found.

I tried it again and it worked, just make sure you put the Vegas Brazil code in the "Contract ID" box and the Edvantage in the "Coupon Code" box. They are different things. Let me know if it works!

The Coupon Code is actually listed first on the website:

Hi guys - last time I rented from MCO was 2004, I'm assuming a lot has changed, so reading up on how this works.

Question about those free upgrades on the website when using the codes: I priced out our trip and see "FREE UPGRADE TO Fullsize" next to the Standard car, but there is no Full size car in the list to show the category it is referring to. I've also read that Full size and Standard are in the same isle, which to me means this coupon means nothing.

Edit: Finally answered my own question: no full sized cars were available with the codes used, so not shown. If I had clicked through on standard it would have set me up with one though :)

Last edited:
I tried it again and it worked, just make sure you put the Vegas Brazil code in the "Contract ID" box and the Edvantage in the "Coupon Code" box. They are different things. Let me know if it works!

The Coupon Code is actually listed first on the website:

Yes yes it worked no problem. This was the best price I have found for my dates. 3/1/16 to 3/6/16.
:)

Just checked a four-day rental with Alamo using the Vegas/Bra Contract ID.

All rates were 50 percent higher using the code vs. not using any code.

Might just be my times/dates....but wondering if the code was finally killed off by one too many "nervous nellies" calling to check if the code was really good (one reason I never post codes here).

Just checked a four-day rental with Alamo using the Vegas/Bra Contract ID.

All rates were 50 percent higher using the code vs. not using any code.

Might just be my times/dates....but wondering if the code was finally killed off by one too many "nervous nellies" calling to check if the code was really good (one reason I never post codes here).

Still cheaper for me with the codes. Prices have not changed at all since I booked.

Anyone getting any good rates lately?

I am currently holding three different reservations....

- a full size with Alamo for $200
- a premium with Dollar for $222
- an intermediate SUV with Dollar for $312

Our dates are April 24th to May 3rd. Picking up and dropping off at MCO.

Current rates are significantly more. The premium is looking mighty good right now!!

Anyone getting any good rates lately?

I am currently holding three different reservations....

- a full size with Alamo for $200
- a premium with Dollar for $222
- an intermediate SUV with Dollar for $312

Our dates are April 24th to May 3rd. Picking up and dropping off at MCO.

Current rates are significantly more. The premium is looking mighty good right now!!

Are you using codes/coupons??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter