AP sales…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miffy, first I want to say, it is not my intention to hurt you or your feelings -- or anybody here. I am not a Disney insider and I never speak to anybody that is -- that I know of -- although I have wondered about a couple of posters on Disboards.

But, when comparing, to get a true comparison of prices and how much discount the annual passes give, you just look at standard, one-day park hopper tickets.
Annual passes are nothing more than bundled discounts for gate admission with hopper, parking, discounts on merch and food etc.
Multi-day tickets are also nothing more than bundle gate admission with hopper -- without parking, discounts on merch and food etc.
To get a true comparison, skip the already bundled discounts and skip the Florida resident or military tickets. Just use standard, normal, one-day park hopper tickets.
Comparing bundled discount to bundled discount is important when comparing discounts, but not when determining the original discount.

Now, the price for that ticket -- a standard, one-day parkhopper (no water parks or photo pass add-ons) is currently $174 per ticket for September 14, 2022.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/theme-parks/

For the high holiday period at the end of December it is $224 per day.
So, Miffy has an Incredi-pass and she can go to the parks during the high holiday end of year period. Miffy paid $1,104 renewal price for the Incredi-pass plus 6.5% sales tax for a total of $1,175.76. She usually spends 16 days in the parks so that averages out to be $69 per day plus tax (don't include tax in the rate of discount). But, this year, Miffy has only spent 11 days in the parks so far and wants to go another five days between Christmas and New Years. The daily ticket price is $224 per day. So, $69/$224 is 0.3080. 1.00 minus 0.3080 is a 69.2% discount. Wow! A 69.2% discount! Right smack dab in the middle of a high demand period! But, as long as Miffy reserved her DVC or qualifying resort hotel rooms well in advance and made her park reservations in that package, she can get those dates and use her annual pass to enter the parks.

Now, it really does not benefit you to compare a 9 day multi-ticket discount unless that is exactly how you "do" Disney -- in 9 day trips. Did you see the amount of multi-day cost per day gets more dramatic the longer you stay in one trip? That's because not many people do that. Most people do the three to 5 or 6 day trips. Locals who live nearby do one day at a time. The most common guest who does the big 10 to 14 day trips are the Europeans because of how their vacation time is structured.

Anyway, that is what Disney sees about the annual passholder and the amount of discount. They compare it to the standard ticket prices. They also do the calculations for multi-day ticket entries. Bottom line, there are many prices being paid at those gates on any given day. It is not hard for the family from Denver who pays standard ticket rates and comes every 5 years to out-spend passholder on a per day comparison. (40% higher) But, in a year, the passholder will spend more; not Buffalo Bill and his family from Colorado.

A $3k annual pass might mean you only get multi-day tickets and come once a year. It might mean you gather more money and just pay the freight. That will be your choice.
Well, I actually do do 8- or 9-day trips, so that's how I value my own AP. And, besides that, I would never even think of taking an extra trip here or there to WDW if I didn't have my AP. The park admission would keep me from doing that. My idea of a WDW vacation isn't hanging out at the resort and having dinner at DS. I like to go to the parks. And I like the flexibility, such as it is right now, that an AP gives me.

I'm not speaking for anyone else, although I think that DVC owners and FL residents should definitely get some kind of a break on park admission. And--speaking as someone who does not own DVC--I think it's actually outrageous that there isn't at least some kind of discounted park admission for DVC owners. After all, I'm guessing that a huge percentage of DVC owners bought in because they love not just the atmosphere at WDW and the DVC properties, but the parks.

To say that my ability and/or willingness to spend the theoretical $3K on an AP is "my choice" is the equivalent of saying that purchasing a pet tarantula is my choice. No, it isn't. I wouldn't buy one. Period. No choice is involved.

Well, I actually do do 8- or 9-day trips, so that's how I value my own AP. And, besides that, I would never even think of taking an extra trip here or there to WDW if I didn't have my AP. The park admission would keep me from doing that. My idea of a WDW vacation isn't hanging out at the resort and having dinner at DS. I like to go to the parks. And I like the flexibility, such as it is right now, that an AP gives me.

I'm not speaking for anyone else, although I think that DVC owners and FL residents should definitely get some kind of a break on park admission. And--speaking as someone who does not own DVC--I think it's actually outrageous that there isn't at least some kind of discounted park admission for DVC owners. After all, I'm guessing that a huge percentage of DVC owners bought in because they love not just the atmosphere at WDW and the DVC properties, but the parks.

To say that my ability and/or willingness to spend the theoretical $3K on an AP is "my choice" is the equivalent of saying that purchasing a pet tarantula is my choice. No, it isn't. I wouldn't buy one. Period. No choice is involved.
Respectfully understood. No attacks intended from me. I am just a participant on these forums and my posts are no more or less valuable than yours. I do wish for you to enjoy Disney parks and resorts. Miffy does Miffy just fine! Whether or not Chapek values annual passholders, CEOs have for 40 years so we must have some welcome place in their gate entry matrix.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about prices right now. After yesterday's economic news and the fact that we are in a deep recession, Disney has a lot more to worry about than withholding APs. Average citizens can barely get their gas and groceries so the numbers of people flocking to WDW will sharply decline very soon.

Yes, some people will be able to afford and that's good for them, but the hordes of people enjoying over the summer and other holiday times will sharply decline.

Mark this on the calendar, folks!

When winter heating bills arrive, I imagine travel from Europe is going to be greatly affected. I’m not sure what percentage of attendance that is, but it’s a chunk I’m sure.

Respectfully understood. No attacks intended from me. I am just a participant on these forums and my posts are no more or less valuable than yours. I do wish for you to enjoy Disney parks and resorts. Miffy does Miffy just fine! Whether or not Chapek values annual passholders, CEOs have for 40 years so we must have some welcome place in their gate entry matrix.
Yes, and thanks for saying this. I always read your posts and enjoy your take on things.

IMHO there should be ONE annual pass:
A full park hopper
It includes water parks, photo pass
It includes theme park parking and resort parking
Same discounts we have now
Tables in Wonderland
No blockout dates,
Park hopping is allowed after 11 a.m.
Park entry at any park after 11 a.m. without clicking into first park
No tiers — just one level,
No residency categories, or DVC membership blue card restrictions
No monthly payment plan
First come first serve — no separate buckets
Up to 14 reservation holds
Guaranteed renewable annually at new rates for 10 years
$3,000 per year for everyone — not free up to age 3
Well, that would be one way to limit the number of APs sold. I’m out at $3k per person.

So, right now Id pay $3/day on my pass If I went 300 days. Making it a 30 day pass raises my daily price $22/day.

Of course, one day ticket comparisons make sense when you go only one day at a time…but that is not how onsite and DVC guests do it…so savings on something you wouldn’t be spending isn’t savings.

Since Disney sells multi-day tickets which cost less per day, then that is what one should compare to because that one day price isn’t paid by most people.

And,yes, I realize this is why they don’t want to sell APs…but I’d be shocked to see Disney offer them again and raise the price 300%.

It would make more sense to keep the price more reasonably and cut number of days. No PR nightmare.

Look at it another way. If they decided to sell a $900 pass that gets you up to 50 admissions a year vs the current Sorcerer pass that was sold..and is being renewed. which has over 330 admission, they could actually sell 6 of those new passes instead just the one and keep the number of spots in that AP bucket…the same.

So, you went from collecting $900 from one person, to collecting $5400 from 6…and still have the total admissions sold at 300….seems like a win win to me…
I think the easiest short term answer to throwing DVC a bone, (again, if the company cares at all), would be to extend the expiration dates of the current multi day tickets from must be used in 14 days to 1 year, either at the same price as current or with a small fee. That way for someone who does two week long trips over the year, one 10 day ticket, netting out to $60-70 a day would work. Or you could string together a 10 day and a 3 day. Gives flexibility and savings.

I would like to see the use by date be the end of your current trip, not the current 6-7 days from 1st use depending on length purchased. We go for typically 9-10 nights per trip, and get 4 or 5 day passes. But they need to be used in 6-7 days. Why can't they be good for any 5 days during the trip? And we really do miss the flexibility, and cost, of the AP.

That brings up the age old question of whether our DVC ownership counts - we own (for 50 yrs anyway) a tiny piece of property in FL, do we not?

The POS specially rules us out but even if didn’t, what is required in lieu of an ID with a FL address are certain types of bills which we don’t have have in our names like utilities, etc.

I think the easiest short term answer to throwing DVC a bone, (again, if the company cares at all), would be to extend the expiration dates of the current multi day tickets from must be used in 14 days to 1 year, either at the same price as current or with a small fee. That way for someone who does two week long trips over the year, one 10 day ticket, netting out to $60-70 a day would work. Or you could string together a 10 day and a 3 day. Gives flexibility and savings.

Of course that would be a nice and easy way to do things in the interim which is why my emails in the past 6 months to DVC and DPEP have been about working harder to negotiate some alternative to APs via ticket discounts until APs come back.

DVC isn’t going to get DPEP or the company to sell us APs when they won’t to anyone else, but they could potentially convince them to make ticket adjustments to help us out.

Last year, we did get the pay 4 get 2 free days like cash guests. It may not have been much but it was something.

Last year, we did get the pay 4 get 2 free days like cash guests. It may not have been much but it was something.

I agree - we made use of that deal and it really helped. Something like that would be much appreciated. Hey Disney - are you reading this!!!?

Hi.

We are renewing an IncrediPass and Sorcerer Pass next month.

Is this picture the current renewal prices. I googled but want to make sure so we can be prepared.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 2703B72B-C766-4435-A161-E0621663A450.png
    2703B72B-C766-4435-A161-E0621663A450.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 23
Hi.

Is this picture the current renewal prices. I googled but want to make sure so we can be prepared.

Thank you.
As of right now these are the prices--excluding tax, as it notes on your screenshot. Let's hope they stay there for your renewal!

Hi.

Thank you.
The only tax is the local sales tax at 6.5%.

Does anyone know why my Sorcerer Pass is trying to renew as an IncrediPass? I am a Blue card DVC member.
Can DVC only get IncrediPass. This is what the site says:

Attachments

• 01AA3300-852C-436B-AE09-A05D40DDE3E6.png
    01AA3300-852C-436B-AE09-A05D40DDE3E6.png
    323.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter