AP Renewal Situation - Anyone w/Experience?

JazzyJ622

Earning My Ears
Passholder Renewal Question:
I have the old AP that was prior to the revamped system - meaning mine doesn't have memory maker.
Renewal Date: September 19th 2016
My Trip: September 4-9th 2016 (Approx 2 weeks prior)
If I do my renewal now, will Memory Maker go into effect immediately... OR not until my anniversary date? Some people say it happens right away if you have the old pass and others say not.
Has anyone been in this situation yet?
Thanks

PS... When I called Disney, they said it wouldn't go into effect until my Anniv. Date. Some people have said they got upgraded for "free" with such short amount of time. Conflicting reports - Your feedback is appreciated.

Our old APs expired on 6/1 and I renewed them on-line on 5/15. The PhotoPass download entitlement took effect immediately and I could download photos back thru 11/2015.

For us, we upgraded to Gold and Photopass kicked in immeadiately, allowing us to download any pictures within the past year to date :)

Yea, I'm trying to find a way to make this work without "upgrading"... which means:
1.) MM goes into effect right away before my actual anniversary date - OR...
2.) MM will be active as of September 19th and I'll be able to download any previous pictures on my account - esp those within the last 30 days.

Yea, I'm trying to find a way to make this work without "upgrading"... which means:
1.) MM goes into effect right away before my actual anniversary date - OR...
2.) MM will be active as of September 19th and I'll be able to download any previous pictures on my account - esp those within the last 30 days.
2. Once you renew to a pass that includes PhotoPass, your photos from the previous year will show back up in your account. This will include your photos from the trip two weeks before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter