AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

With the recent increase in park capacity have any AP holders found it easier to make park reservations? My AP is expiring today and I was on the fence about renewing it. Hearing that they are planning to keep the park reservation system has really put me off, but I have to imagine as we get to normal capacity we shouldn't have as many sold out dates, right? Or is that wishful thinking? I'm an out of state passholder and staying onsite is no longer a viable option for us so I'm stuck with the limited 3 park reservations at a time.

Do I still have 30 days after expiration to renew as well?

With the recent increase in park capacity have any AP holders found it easier to make park reservations? My AP is expiring today and I was on the fence about renewing it. Hearing that they are planning to keep the park reservation system has really put me off, but I have to imagine as we get to normal capacity we shouldn't have as many sold out dates, right? Or is that wishful thinking? I'm an out of state passholder and staying onsite is no longer a viable option for us so I'm stuck with the limited 3 park reservations at a time.

To answer your last question first, yes, you still have 30 days after expiration to renew.

I can’t answer the first question because I’ve been making our park reservations as soon as we book our stays. We’re onsite next month (booked before park availability became so limited), offsite in November and on-site in January and have park reservations made already.

My AP and my daughter's AP expired in November but my husband still has his. I am hoping to be able to get ours back with the AP recovery due to the pandemic...still waiting for call back but will attempt in person. We had to buy park tickets because we will be back this weekend for the first time since pandemic closure, and they were so expensive (and not even park hopper)!! I would think long and hard about letting your AP expire because who knows when you'll be able to get it back! We let ours expire because we didn't know when we would be able to get a vaccine and knew we couldn't go before that , but we thought we would be able to just buy a new one! Now I'm dying to have it back! If I'm able to get it back when I get down there this Friday, I would like to make a park reservation for June 2nd, and as of right now, there are only passes available for AP for next week and none for resort guests so it does seem that there are more passes available. We're out of state too and stay most of the time on Disney property, but we sometimes do split stays with a Marriott property because my husband is a Marriott guy. Maybe you could do a split stay with a less expensive Disney property and an off property so you could do some resort guest passes and some AP?? I'm not very familiar with how this new system works since this is our first trip back with park reservations, but I think that would work (not sure if it would work for you though but just a suggestion). Good luck with your decision! I hope to have some luck in getting mine back!

With the recent increase in park capacity have any AP holders found it easier to make park reservations? My AP is expiring today and I was on the fence about renewing it.

We’re visiting the last week in July, staying at BRV. We’re also out-of-state AP holders. I made park reservations yesterday with no problem.

We're AP holders and planned a relatively last minute (by Disney standards) trip for next month. On-site stay at Coronado. I had to chat through the MDE app to make park reservations as it defaulted to the resort bucket (yellow all days with only EP open most days). They were able to reserve against the AP bucket for length of stay which was all green at the time.

I would also love to hear others' experiences! I requested a callback on Thursday and our trip isn't too far away.
I did not receive my call back before we arrived on Friday. I went to Guest Relations at the International Gateway and was allowed to purchase new APs for me and my daughter and the tickets we had already purchased were applied to the new APs!

I did not receive my call back before we arrived on Friday. I went to Guest Relations at the International Gateway and was allowed to purchase new APs for me and my daughter and the tickets we had already purchased were applied to the new APs!
That’s great to hear. I assume you and your daughter both had pandemic-expired APs that made you eligible?

That’s great to hear. I assume you and your daughter both had pandemic-expired APs that made you eligible?
Yes, we have had APs for a long time but let them expire in November since we didn’t know when we would be able to go back (had to get vaccinated first). My DH still had an active AP because his doesn’t expire until July, but I don’t think that had anything to do with it. I will add that my DH had made a park reservation for Epcot but we couldn’t because they were out, but the GR CM was able to get us passes because we got our APs back even though I think passes were gone?? Not sure how he did that but I was very happy because we got to go toEpcot after dinner!!

Hi. I started going back pages on this thread to understand the AP recovery and best way to go about this. I want to make sure I understand...

We had annual passes that were due to expire September 2020. First trip we used them September 2019. Our April 2020 trip of course was cancelled due to the pandemic. We ended up requesting and receiving a refund for a portion of the APs.

Now we have a trip booked for this fall. I was going to just purchase 10 day passes not realizing there was a possibility to recover and purchase annual passes again. Now that I’m reading this our preference would be to get annual passes.

Can I buy my 10 day passes, make park reservations, then upgrade to an annual pass keeping my park reservations intact? What number do I call for the approval/denial to upgrade?

Thank you in advance
Noreen

Just called to see if we could expedite a callback since our trip is this month. No such luck. Not a huge deal but makes things a little trickier on the planning front. The CM also told me you can't apply already purchased day tickets to an Annual Pass, which goes against pretty much everything I've read here. Hopefully that's one of those "Call a CM get a different answer every time" situations.

I missed my call back yesterday, I’m called the number and hopefully will get a call back today b

Are there any other APs on here waiting for DIsney to release more capacity for Oct 1? At this point I'd even book a hotel room or buy a day ticket.

Those who RECENTLY were called back to get a recovery AP, how ling did you wait for the call back? 30 days? More? less? Thanks.

I called to get my parents recovery APs on May 16th. I got a call from ticketing at about 7:30pm last night. Took all of 10 minutes to complete the payment and see the passes linked in MDE. Very smooth process and a shorter wait for call back than I had expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter