AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

We renewed in March, and our new cards just have “2021-2022” printed on them, not the specific date they expire.
These cards have always been curiously low tech. Surprised AP status validation for discounts, etc has not moved to the app yet…

These cards have always been curiously low tech. Surprised AP status validation for discounts, etc has not moved to the app yet…
Probably to prevent AP holders from lending their MBs to others. Currently CMs can ask for the AP card and photo ID - so I guess they could ask to see photo ID when the AP holder scans their MB.

Surprised AP status validation for discounts, etc has not moved to the app yet…
It goes back a few pages, but this is exactly what I was told by one CM (out of many with whom I used my AP discount over a few days). She said I either had to pull up my AP in MDE to show for discounts or "get a new card at GR with the expiration date printed on it." GR had no idea what she was talking about, though, and no other CMs asked to see more than my plastic card (with no expiration date printed on it) and ID.

I'm ready to renew my annual pass. Is there any magic to doing that? Is Disney letting us renew? If anyone has figured out the magic, please let me know.I'd like to come back in 2 weeks if possible.

I'm ready to renew my annual pass. Is there any magic to doing that? Is Disney letting us renew? If anyone has figured out the magic, please let me know.I'd like to come back in 2 weeks if possible.

Is this the right board/forum for your question, NCDisNut?

This is a board/forum for Camping at Walt Disney World which means the fabulous Fort Wilderness Resort.

You might want to post this question over on the DIS/Theme Park forum which is where ticketing questions are addressed. Or ask a moderator to move this post over to that forum.

This is not the right place to get your question answered but I hope you find the right place TO get it answered.

Good luck!

Bama Ed

Is this the right board/forum for your question, NCDisNut?

This is a board/forum for Camping at Walt Disney World which means the fabulous Fort Wilderness Resort.

You might want to post this question over on the DIS/Theme Park forum which is where ticketing questions are addressed. Or ask a moderator to move this post over to that forum.

This is not the right place to get your question answered but I hope you find the right place TO get it answered.

Good luck!

Bama Ed

Good question. I only come to this forum and I'm ready to book a trip back to FW. If people here don't know the answer, I probably should venture out a little!

I’m going to move this question from the Camping forum to the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies forum, where tickets to the theme parks are more on topic and where you should be able to get better information.

Do you currently have a pass & just need to renew?? You’ll get the normal notice 60 days before your pass expires & you can just renew thru MDE as you did before.

If you cancelled your pass & want to see about getting a new one, you have to call. You’ll be put on a list & you’ll get a call back in about 30 days.

I had a pass and it was extended into mid-March. Our last trip was the first week of March. Now, I went online and was looking to book something in a couple of weeks and my pass has expired and it no longer shows on My Disney Experience. Sounds like I need to make that phone call. Thank you for the response.

MY AP card has a hand printed expiration date and my first name written on the back. Perhaps that is what the CM wanted to see.

It just had 2021-2022 preprinted on them and they just wrote our names on them.
We have the years printed and a CM at GS hand wrote our first names on the back of the cards. We had our cards from our cancelled APs, but we all have vouchers that haven't been activated yet. We used the cards for purchase and dining discounts.
We were sometimes asked to show our vouchers on the app or licenses. It varied every time we used the cards.

Does your new card show an expiration date? That's what the one CM told me she "had" to see on the card, but I've never actually seen on an AP card.
Yes they have expiration dates. You do not need a new card. Just open the wdw app, in mde, tickets and passes and show them your correct expiration date. Easy.

Yes they have expiration dates. You do not need a new card. Just open the wdw app, in mde, tickets and passes and show them your correct expiration date. Easy.
In my experience, cast members have preferred the plastic card as proof of an active AP as opposed to flashing the app which of course makes no sense.

In my experience, cast members have preferred the plastic card as proof of an active AP as opposed to flashing the app which of course makes no sense.
It's pages back now, but this whole conversation started because one CM told me they now "require" people to use MDE to show for an AP discount, or if I wanted to continue using a card, I'd have to "get a new card printed at Guest Relations with the expiration date." When I went to GR, they were puzzled and said they'd never heard of such a rule and were pretty sure there is no AP card that has an expiration date printed on it. To be clear, that was ONE CM out of many who processed purchases for me with an AP discount, and it seems like she was confused. Sorry if I've only brought confusion over here - I was just sharing my experience and others who visited since then have shared theirs.

It goes back a few pages, but this is exactly what I was told by one CM (out of many with whom I used my AP discount over a few days). She said I either had to pull up my AP in MDE to show for discounts or "get a new card at GR with the expiration date printed on it." GR had no idea what she was talking about, though, and no other CMs asked to see more than my plastic card (with no expiration date printed on it) and ID.

I had mixed results with this last month. My card is 3 years old so the expiration date is from 2019 I think. Most of the places we used it didn't check the date or say anything about it, but at the end of our trip two different CMs in two different shops told me I needed to get a new card or to go to the app and take a photo of my AP listing under tickets and show it to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter