Anyone work for Comcast? NEW QUESTION PAGE 3

Samandmom

<font color=purple>Curvy WISHer<br><font color=tea
As you may or may not know Comcast has merged with Universal. My husband works for Comcast and we know that we can get 4 free one day park hoppers for Universal. In our little booklet we have it says we can upgrade the tickets to multi day hoppers. Anyone know what amout we get from the free tickets to apply towards hoppers? Do we also get the 30% off with it?

Thanks for any help and info.

My husband works for them too. This is from the HR Benefits area of their employee website. Hope it helps!

The Walk in the Park voucher, that can be redeemed for up to four (4) complimentary tickets valid for one-day admission to one (1) of the three (3) Universal Studios Theme Parks, as follows:

1. Universal Studios Florida®
2. Universal’s Islands of Adventure® (Florida)
3. Universal Studios Hollywood℠ (California)

Q: Can I use the Walk in the Park tickets to visit more than one park on the same day?

A: The ticket is valid for one-day admission to one Universal Studios theme park only. However, visitors to the Universal Studios Theme Parks in Orlando, Florida have the option of upgrading their ticket to include both parks and/or multiple days. Please note that there are fees associated with this, which must be paid by the employee.

Q. What is the fee for upgrading my Orlando tickets for both parks and multiple days?

A. The cost to upgrade your tickets begins at approximately $45 for adults and $40 for children ages 9 and under. Children aged 2 or under do not need a ticket for admission.

Q. How can I upgrade my tickets?

A. Your complimentary tickets can be upgraded at the ticket counter on the day of your visit with the payment of an upgrade fee.

Thanks, we did see most of that on the benifits page. We somehow missed the the starting at $45.00 :rotfl:
My husband did email walk in the park and they did say we can upgrade the tickets at the ticket counter. I was hoping to do this before so we are ready for Early Entry on our first morning. We get into FL around noon our first day, I guess we could do the upgrade that day.
Our idea at first was to get the 4 free tickets and have my husband use them 1 per day x 4 days. We were then just going to order 3 x 4 day hopper with the 30% off. But as we read the benifits page we saw that we could not. But this way might be cheaper? but I'm not sure. If I am correct we should get a 1 day ticket price towards the upgrade?

Thanks for the info you did give me. If I find out more I'll be sure to post.

I have Comcast as my cable provider here in Orlando and I asked one of the techs about the discounts. He said they were really good but didn't elaborate.

I was hoping to do this before so we are ready for Early Entry on our first morning.

You can up grade any time during the day at guest services (inside the park) so just enter IOA and upgrade later that day after you finish your early entry stuff.

I work for them.

while I haven't yet redeemed my Walk in the Park voucher (I have an AP instead), my general understanding is that you would basically have what amounts to a 1 day-1 park ticket to apply towards the GATE cost of another ticket type. This would be the same as if you purchased your ticket at the gate and then decided to upgrade it later in the day.

The information on the Ticket discounts we get indicate that those discounts are only available online thru the portal website, So that means you could not get those discounts at the park itself.

That being said, I DO know and can say with certainty that you can hop online while you are down there to the portal website if you have internet access, Purchase your tickets at the discounted rate, and then pick them up at the kiosks at the park entrance that same day. While I have an AP, I did bring some friends with me on my last trip who were interested in going and I was able to get them the discounted tickets that morning before we drove to the parks.

If you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer them for you. Feel free to PM me.

I work for NBC & we received a ticket good for up to 4 people for a 1 day 1 park ticket. When I called ticketing about upgrading I was told we could not because it was a complimentary ticket. Hopefully the person I talked to was incorrect & we will be able to upgrade & go park-to-park. I will be sure to try every guest services & ticket agent I see!!

I work for them.

while I haven't yet redeemed my Walk in the Park voucher (I have an AP instead), my general understanding is that you would basically have what amounts to a 1 day-1 park ticket to apply towards the GATE cost of another ticket type. This would be the same as if you purchased your ticket at the gate and then decided to upgrade it later in the day.

The information on the Ticket discounts we get indicate that those discounts are only available online thru the portal website, So that means you could not get those discounts at the park itself.

That being said, I DO know and can say with certainty that you can hop online while you are down there to the portal website if you have internet access, Purchase your tickets at the discounted rate, and then pick them up at the kiosks at the park entrance that same day. While I have an AP, I did bring some friends with me on my last trip who were interested in going and I was able to get them the discounted tickets that morning before we drove to the parks.

If you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer them for you. Feel free to PM me.

I will have internet when we are there but this the message I keep getting. :sad2:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but the online ticket store is not available at this time. To obtain your employee discount, please bring your Comcast or NBCUniversal issued employee ID to Guest Services at either theme park"

There is also a phone number that it says to call with any questions, I think I will give them a call.

I work for NBC & we received a ticket good for up to 4 people for a 1 day 1 park ticket. When I called ticketing about upgrading I was told we could not because it was a complimentary ticket. Hopefully the person I talked to was incorrect & we will be able to upgrade & go park-to-park. I will be sure to try every guest services & ticket agent I see!!
Most of the time, comp tickets can not be upgraded because they have no value...these could be different but I wouldn't count on it.

Some complimentary tickets can be upgraded to the second park. Since their HR site says these can be upgraded to the second park for $45, then I would assume these can. Now "free" tickets can't be upgraded (like the child's free tickets or any buy one get one free deal.) But complimentary is a little different than free.

I'll see if I can find out today about the Comcast tickets and post the answer.

The answer: Comcast comp tickets can be upgraded to the second park. The price is the difference between a one park ticket and a park-to-park ticket (which right now is around $30 plus tax per ticket.)

I will have internet when we are there but this the message I keep getting. :sad2:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but the online ticket store is not available at this time. To obtain your employee discount, please bring your Comcast or NBCUniversal issued employee ID to Guest Services at either theme park"

There is also a phone number that it says to call with any questions, I think I will give them a call.

Interesting. I just noticed that myself too. I wonder if they were seeing a lot of questionable activity on the site. It didn't really have a way to truly verify you were eligable for the discount.

The answer: Comcast comp tickets can be upgraded to the second park. The price is the difference between a one park ticket and a park-to-park ticket (which right now is around $30 plus tax per ticket.)

Thank you!!
So to make sure I understand this correctly we will have approximately $80.00 to put towards the amount of days we pick. We are looking to get 4 day hoppers. Do I understand that correctly?

Interesting. I just noticed that myself too. I wonder if they were seeing a lot of questionable activity on the site. It didn't really have a way to truly verify you were eligable for the discount.

I had asked my hubby to get me all the info and he was able to get prices for tickets and room. Fast forward to a fews weeks later I wanted to search prices on my own. I had hubby give me the links and I kept getting that. So I guess it worked for hubby when he searched. :rotfl:

Thank you!!
So to make sure I understand this correctly we will have approximately $80.00 to put towards the amount of days we pick. We are looking to get 4 day hoppers. Do I understand that correctly?
If you have 4 tickets, it is $30 X 4 which will be $120 plus tax to upgrade all 4 tickets to one day hoppers. You can't upgrade them to multi-day tickets.

If you have 4 tickets, it is $30 X 4 which will be $120 plus tax to upgrade all 4 tickets to one day hoppers. You can't upgrade them to multi-day tickets.

Guess I will have to wait and see. Because under our Q & A pages it does say they can be upgraded to multi days.
Thanks again your help is appreciated

Guess I will have to wait and see. Because under our Q & A pages it does say they can be upgraded to multi days.
Thanks again your help is appreciated

I've talked to several people at Guest Services (who are the ones who upgrade Comcast tickets) and all have said they can only be upgraded to one day park-to-park not to multi-days. There may be a "work around" to do it but the value of the ticket does not show as $80 so using a work around may end up costing a lot to add multi-days. I would print off the webpage from your employee site and take it with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter