Anyone started Christmas shopping, or even thinking about Christmas yet.

Not Christmas, but I ordered one of the Hogwart's Great Hall Lego sets for DH's birthday (10/31). I know he'll love it, and I'm not sure if it will be available for regular purchase closer to his actual birthday. So, I'm ready! And bonus--three of my kids generously offered to help him put it together--just in case he has trouble, you understand.

Ugh presents are getting so hard in our house. Both of our sons (almost 12 & 6) have so much stuff and don't need anything. Between Santa & 2 sets of grandparents they get way more than they need.
Disney trip in January is not a Christmas present but still a big expense, staying offsite so I've thought about buying magic bands to add to stockings.
Of course games for switch and Xbox are easy buys but I have no idea what to get as their Santa gifts...
What about one of the tours at AK? Or surfing lessons at the water parks? We did this for a birthday last year-for our grandson.

Usually start in October but went ahead and ordered the Harry Potter LEGO Sets. One dd has a birthday in August and the rest will be for Christmas. Wanted to get them while I could get my hands on them.

I haven't started shopping yet but I have started thinking about it. For DH I want to get him an ancestry kit. He's super into history so I think he will enjoy this. DD is going to be much tougher. She's 7 but is pretty much over toys. I am not ready for her to have big technology items though so shopping for her is going to be very difficult. Her birthday is in November which makes it even tougher!

I'm planning a Disney parks box for the kids. It'll have our tickets, new Crocs for walking, ears, pretty rain ponchos and new pins for their lanyards. Otherwise, nothing yet! Any suggestions for other things I could add to the box?

I'm planning a Disney parks box for the kids. It'll have our tickets, new Crocs for walking, ears, pretty rain ponchos and new pins for their lanyards. Otherwise, nothing yet! Any suggestions for other things I could add to the box?
Hi Hon
Here are a few idea:
Disney Parks Box
Sun Hats-baseball caps
sunblock
sunglasses
glow bracelets/necklaces
bubbles
beach towel
waterproof disposable camera
autograph book
water bottle
gum/mints
SPF Lip Balm
flip flops/goggles
beach bag
swim cover up
Empty mentos gum container filled with change for arcade games.
Container filled with pennies for pressed penny machines.
etc

Hugs Mel

Picking up earbuds at the best buy sale today. Also found a power washer for DH on ebay. Price was really low for new in box. Not sure if it was a typo but we will see what happens

ShopDisney also has free shipping today. Combine with 40% off items and you get some good deals. I frequently put off shopping here as I want just one or two items and the shipping kills the deals, but got a few stocking stuffers done

With all the summer clearance stuff I’m already looking at stuff for Easter Baskets. :headache: My DH will have me committed.
Yeah I am getting a lot of stuff with Christmas in July deals. Off to the Under Armour outlet today as everything is 40% off

With all the summer clearance stuff I’m already looking at stuff for Easter Baskets. :headache: My DH will have me committed.

I always end up with way too many stocking stuffers, and keep the overflow for Easter. It's been that way ever since I adopted DD when she was 16 months old. She's 18 now, so that tells you my shopping habits have been consistent if nothing else! LOL

I even bought a bigger stocking a few years ago to try and stop the practice. I just ended up buying even more so I filled that stocking and still had overflow for the Easter basket....

I always end up with way too many stocking stuffers, and keep the overflow for Easter. It's been that way ever since I adopted DD when she was 16 months old. She's 18 now, so that tells you my shopping habits have been consistent if nothing else! LOL

I even bought a bigger stocking a few years ago to try and stop the practice. I just ended up buying even more so I filled that stocking and still had overflow for the Easter basket....
Oh yeah I always have overflow. No matter how hard I try to pull back it ends up being ridiculous. Sunglasses are one thing that’s in my cart. I always have a heck of a time finding them in the Spring and they’re kind of a tradition for Easter Baskets. My younger DD will be going to Disneyland with her Honor Choir in May and the Disney Store has those smaller, cute backpacks on sale so I’m eyeing those for “baskets.” They also have “Born Disney, Raised Disney” tees on sale. I’m eyeing those for the tops for Christmas PJs. Just can’t decide on sizes. My younger two are growing so FAST.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! When Toys r Us went under I got DS a sand pail to function as his "basket" for next year and already have it stuffed with a craft apron, tiny basketball, and an umbrella. DH thinks I'm a lunatic but I got it all for free with a few leftover rewards I had from my baby registry, so why not?!

I am trying reallly hard to stick to a budget this year. In the past, I would buy things throughout the year b/c they were such "good deals" and then come Christmas, my kids would get so.much.stuff. It really multiples in my closet I think. So last year, I tried to put off shopping until Nov, but I still ended over budget and with too many gifts. This year I am trying again. Never give up, right? :thumbsup2 My goal is to stick to my budget AND not have my living room look like a toy store exploded come Christmas morning! So far I have bought 2 things, at rock bottom prices. Happy with that. Gotta make sure the "deals" are actually deals, kwim?

I am trying reallly hard to stick to a budget this year. In the past, I would buy things throughout the year b/c they were such "good deals" and then come Christmas, my kids would get so.much.stuff. It really multiples in my closet I think. So last year, I tried to put off shopping until Nov, but I still ended over budget and with too many gifts. This year I am trying again. Never give up, right? :thumbsup2 My goal is to stick to my budget AND not have my living room look like a toy store exploded come Christmas morning! So far I have bought 2 things, at rock bottom prices. Happy with that. Gotta make sure the "deals" are actually deals, kwim?

I always started out saying I was going to buy x gifts, then stop. But I would hit that point, and the list would just looks so pitiful and small to me on paper that I felt the need to buy more. It wasn't until I actually put everything out under the tree that I'd realize just how overboard I had gone.

So one thing I started doing was to actually spread the items out in a room that DD is banned from going into, instead of keeping them put away in a closet. (I actually have a motion alarm sensor in the room so I know if she tries and sneak in - it doesn't trigger an audible alarm, just sends me a text. It only took calling her on it once for the activity to stop LOL) It helps me realize what looks small on paper is actually a pretty good haul.

I'll even start wrapping them soon. By the time you put things into boxes with bows, or pretty gift bags with tissue paper out the top, they take up even more room and feel even grander!

(Of course this works only if you have a spare room :santa:)

Last edited:
OP here,

On Friday, I went out and had to go to Wal-Mart again... which is twice this month... and I really don't like going to Wal-Mart, normally I only go once a month... this was my real monthly shopping trip... There are certain things that I get at Wal-mart, that the price can not be beat or products that I can only find there... DH's contact solution for a 2 bottle package and is around 13.00 dollars and I had a 5.00 off coupon while this is not Christmas related it was a really good deal. I did pick up some Biore strips for DD's stocking and I had a 3.00 off coupon, and I was checking out the travel size bins, and did grab 2 lint rollers, so now I need 4 more... they only had 2. This is something that my family request in their stockings.

I did wander over to the toy aisle... what a disaster... I guess you send your kids to play in the toy department while you shop for their school supplies... I walked by the bike rack area, and there were 3 elementary aged boys trying to scale the bike rack, the rack it self and there was not a adult around anywhere, I walked to another aisle and there was a employee, and I said there are 3 boys climbing the bike rack.. she said they mess with the bikes all the time, I repeated... not climbing on the bikes, but the rack itself trying to climb to the top, she looked and me and threw up her hands, and muttered something in Spanish, she got down from the step ladder, then walked around the corner, and started yelling at the kids, the next thing I saw was them running by the aisle, and she was still muttering in Spanish when she came back, and looked at me and said " if they were mine, I would beat them" and with that I left the toy department.

My parents dishwasher finally went kaput, and they said that they are not going to replace till after the first of the year... I was like why not... well that's when the good appliance sales are. While my parents don't really cook alot, and use paper plates for most meals which drive"s me crazy... I am not a big fan of paper plates, I guess I inherited this from granny who really did not like paper plates, whoa I sorta got off track... So back to the dish washer... DH and I were thinking about getting them a dish washer for Christmas. They like basic nothing fancy appliances. So any suggestions on a easy to use dish washer?

We are hopeful going to the outlet mall this morning, but it depends on the rain...

Last edited:
I got a painting today for DH that he will like. It is from a second hand store and if I waited 2 days, the price was reduced by $7. And I got a mini kite for a stocking stuffer from a 70% off summer toys clearance.

OP here,

We did hit the outlet mall yesterday... boy was it hot, we got there at 9:00 when they opened, and we were gone by 11:00 the humidity was unbearable.... There were some good sales going on, We hit Van Heusen / Izod, DH picked up several pairs of pants for work 21.00 for nice dress pants you can't beat the price, and I picked up a couple of there solid silky cami's 10.00 the Tank top style, I not a fan of spaghetti or the thin straps cami's, these are great when we travel and a are not as long as the cotton ones so you can tuck these in... plus I got a cute floral sleeveless top 11.00 ... I did get a couple of the spaghetti straps ones for DD. 10.00

We were in a out of a few stores, honestly the humidity was really getting to us... so we hit the Disney Outlet, and I did pick up a few things, a
Star Wars bubble blower 3.99, and a Star Wars resistance Pilots costume 19.99 ... It was absolutely crazy busy in there... When we left, we I walked out I was having a hard time breathing, with the humidity level so high, DH was like this isn't good for you... So we decided to head out, then he said... lets go see a movie so we went to see the Equalizer 2, really good movie....

Overall I am starting to get more ideas...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter