Anyone started Christmas shopping, or even thinking about Christmas yet.

Plus right now with the back to school sales starting up, I get all my pens, coloring crayons, markers, highlighters, paper, stickers and other desk related items for the stocking and also stock up for the year, plus I grab stuff for school donation boxes.

Every year I put school supplies in the stockings. By the middle of the year, the kids have started losing supplies, and it's better to have Santa bring that than to spend your own money on new crayons when you lost them all. And after-season school supply clearance is a great time for more fun supplies, like the jumbo pack of colored Sharpies, that are more like fun art supplies.

Got some Disney princess stuff for DD from Disney Store sale and TRU closing.
Got a lego set for YDS from TRU, and a lego set for my niece on clearance at Target this month.
Mostly I'll just pick things up as I see them and stash in my closet.

Every year I put school supplies in the stockings. By the middle of the year, the kids have started losing supplies, and it's better to have Santa bring that than to spend your own money on new crayons when you lost them all. And after-season school supply clearance is a great time for more fun supplies, like the jumbo pack of colored Sharpies, that are more like fun art supplies.

I started doing this when our DD was in school... Mom " I need pens, markers, paper, color pencils" and on and on... So I had a old laundry basket and I covered in in material that I had and bingo I made a school supply box. Now I keep stuff for my office, and supplies for when the grandkids are here. It has become a tradition for me to include pens or pencils or crayons in everyone's stocking. Publix had BOGO on some school supplies so I did pick up some black pens, I only got 2 packs, as all the other ones were blue ink ( no blue ink for my family)... So will more than likely head to staples to check out what they have for back to school this year. I am looking for a jumbo pack of dry erase markers ( pen size not the fat ones) for DGS he is learning to write his letter's, numbers, and we are using the write on - wipe off books...But I have not seen any large packs or even a small packs?

Last edited:
I started doing this when our DD was in school... Mom " I need pens, markers, paper, color pencils" and on and on... So I had a old laundry basket and I covered in in material that I have and bingo I made a school supply box. Now I keep stuff for my office, and supplies for when the grandkids are here. It has become a tradition for me to include pens or pencils or crayons in everyone's stocking. Publix had BOGO on some school supplies so I did pick up some black pens, I only got 2 packs, as all the other ones were blue ink ( no blue ink for my family)... So will more than likely head to staples to check out what they have for back to school this year. I am looking for a jumbo pack of dry erase markers ( pen size not the fat ones) for DGS he is learning to write his letter's, numbers, and we are using the write on - wipe off books...But I have not seen any large packs or even a small packs?

Try Walmart. They had a large selection of dry-erase markers, in various colors/sizes/# of markers. Look in the regular Office dept. if you don't see what you want in the back-to-school section. One of DD15's teachers used white boards a LOT last year, for an end-of -year gift, she wanted to give the teacher a new little white board, plus markers. I think I got a set of 8 (16 colors total, two per marker) for maybe $8.97?

One GIANT suitcase all stuffed and packed away with stocking stuffers for 5 people.:santa:
I found red pillowcases on sale and picked up 5 of them--decided to do Santa Sacks.
Just before Christmas I will take them out and wrap each item.
I will add a few chocolates and treats to each sack.
This thread was great motivation to get me started and done early.
Thanks everyone.
Hugs Mel

DS's Greentoys Recycling Truck and Tractor both came in the mail from Prime Day and I'm so impressed with them I've added several more of their toys to his wishlist for family/ friends that want to shop off of it. If they run a sale black friday/ cyber monday I think I'll pick up a few more, maybe even putting some away for Easter next year if the price is right.

Other than that I have a question for you guys: Is it common for theme parks and zoos (specifically thinking about Sesame Place but asking more generally as well) to offer any sort of deals on black friday or cyber monday for tickets for the next season? I was thinking of getting some tickets to a few places for next year to enjoy for DS since he'll really still be too little to enjoy most candy or anything and we'd likely be going next year anyway. Otherwise I may just put the money aside and make up little tickets and print them out and then buy the tickets next year, sort of like an IOU.

DS's Greentoys Recycling Truck and Tractor both came in the mail from Prime Day and I'm so impressed with them I've added several more of their toys to his wishlist for family/ friends that want to shop off of it. If they run a sale black friday/ cyber monday I think I'll pick up a few more, maybe even putting some away for Easter next year if the price is right.

Other than that I have a question for you guys: Is it common for theme parks and zoos (specifically thinking about Sesame Place but asking more generally as well) to offer any sort of deals on black friday or cyber monday for tickets for the next season? I was thinking of getting some tickets to a few places for next year to enjoy for DS since he'll really still be too little to enjoy most candy or anything and we'd likely be going next year anyway. Otherwise I may just put the money aside and make up little tickets and print them out and then buy the tickets next year, sort of like an IOU.
Usually season passes are cheaper in the winter and prices rise as spring approaches. That's cedar fair parks. I have never seen deals like that on single day tickets

I believe last year that Sesame Place did do a offer for season passes. Usually 2 trips is all it makes for a season pass to be worth it.

At this stage in my life I only regularly buy holiday presents for the very old (my mother) and the very young. Everyone else should be able to buy exactly what they want with no need to return, trade or re-gift, LOL.

Hannah Andersson's is having their annual pj sale right now. Started around the end of June and I bought all the family's children a holiday pair as my regular present.
Most were shipped directly to the kiddos' households and parents will be able to put them under the tree or allow them to wear them to bed the night of Christmas Eve. Actually the kiddos who live in Australia wont get them until someone is going to visit them; costs too much to ship them.

Every parent takes a picture of their child/children in the pajamas and it is then Photoshopped into one picture for the family photo albums. That photo constitutes the end of my holiday giving for most of the children. The parents who live or travel to NYC get a celebratory meal I cooked and that takes care of them. Shopping for the holiday meals (I generally do three) begins in September and I make sure my chest freezer is defrosted by August.

The man and I no longer exchange presents either so this just leaves me to shop for DGD (my mother recently passed on) and I've no idea what I'll be buying her yet.

Try Walmart. They had a large selection of dry-erase markers, in various colors/sizes/# of markers. Look in the regular Office dept. if you don't see what you want in the back-to-school section. One of DD15's teachers used white boards a LOT last year, for an end-of -year gift, she wanted to give the teacher a new little white board, plus markers. I think I got a set of 8 (16 colors total, two per marker) for maybe $8.97?

I'm heading to Wild-mart (Wal-Mart) today ,that's what my DH calls it today so I will check it out.. Thanks.

Did you get a good deal on R2D2? I saw him for 50.00 and at the time I could only get bb-8 at the time. But now I have the funds for the other one and he is up there in price. I checked the sephero store as well. I almost done younger dd. I'm trying to not go overboard. I did pick up a couple of the star wars dolls at TRU for 10.00 to go with her Rey doll.

I just saw this! I might have gotten a good deal, still waiting to see if Best Buy ships him. I paid $40 and he is now back ordered so we will see what happens. Fingers crossed.

So is it sad if minus furniture and a new mattress that I am 100% done with both Xmas and his Feb birthday for my DS11?

He is so into Star Wars that shopping this year was a breeze. Grabbed some steals during Target’s One Day sale on blankets, sheets for his new bed and even some less than $6 steal on SW toys. I also found some good deals on lightsaber beybuilders on Amazon. I’m going to have one happy little guy on my hand. Only thing left to do is head to Ikea for another wall wine rack we use as lightsaber storage. Looks cool and is functional.

Also grabbed two Vera Wang nightgowns from Kohl’s for my mom on clearance and 30% off- yay! I got her one for Mother’s Day this year that she practically lives in so feeling good about these.

And finally I have at least something for my DD16. Found her an iridescent raincoat on ASOS for $35 down from $60. Last one they had in stock. Last year she was super into the 50s, this year it’s the early 2000s so this is perfect.

How is everyone else doing?

I have because my husbands family does a gift exchange & I typically buy something from our summer vacation to put in the exchange. AFA the rest, I have ideas but little else. Trying to decide if we want to do a vacation for our kids instead of gifts. I'm leaning towards it but I need to see how the hubby feels.

Ughh...I have $5 Kohl's Cash (the new Y2Y rewards flavor) that is good this week only. I wanted to use it on a stocking stuffer for DD18, but I can't find anything under $10 I'm excited about - or even luke warm about! I don't like these new Y2Y rewards. The old program where the Kohl's Cash was good all month was A LOT better!

Ugh presents are getting so hard in our house. Both of our sons (almost 12 & 6) have so much stuff and don't need anything. Between Santa & 2 sets of grandparents they get way more than they need.
Disney trip in January is not a Christmas present but still a big expense, staying offsite so I've thought about buying magic bands to add to stockings.
Of course games for switch and Xbox are easy buys but I have no idea what to get as their Santa gifts...

I stock up on the kids stocking stuffers yearlong. Plus, the stash can double as Easter basket fillers if needed. Bigger items are hot or miss, and usually only if they have been asking for something specific and I catch it on sale/clearance.

- Picked up a Disney bobby pins and lip gloss on clearance at Target last week.
- Last month I picked up two start wars vehicles on clearance at the Disney Store.

A co workers has Amazon prime so she ordered two board cards games for DS for me. They have already arrived. Woot woot

I did get DD hunter rain boots for clearance and free shipping for college, she will prob get get to take them back with her.

I have 3 teens (19,17,14) plus two of them have their birthday's on Dec. 24th and Dec. 30th, so I am really struggling this year. DS 17 is in the mechanic's program at his high school and that is what he is going to college for so he will get more tools and work clothes. DD14 will get a gift card to Disney as we are going in March and she wants Netflix subscription, but not sure what else. DS19 will most likely just get cash and/or gift cards. I have been collecting the free Friday downloads from Kroger that are snack food items to divide between the kids. Not very exciting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!