Anyone in the Spring 2008 advantage progam?

Draidum

Alumni
Hello everyone, I am brand new to this site and am a huge Disney fan. I will be going on vacation for 8 days there, and when I get back I will be starting my first day of college. Hopefully I am going to be in the Spring advantage program from January to August, because at CCC you have to take a semester first.

I have been researching the program all I can, and I am so excited. It is all I can think about sometimes. I am planning to live there after I am done with college and work my way up to a better position and make some good money.

Does anyone know if they are going to interview for the Spring 08' program?

I thought about it but I'll have graduated from college and have a degree and certifications in elementary and early childhood education so I thought I could go down there and then look into jobs in the south afterwards in the summer but then I know I wont make very much money b/c all of it goes towards ur room/board so I think I'll stay in PA at least until next summer and hopefully sub teaching and then maybe head south and look for something...good luck!

I won't be doing Spring 2008. But I will be doing either Fall 2008 or Spring 2009, depending on when I graduate.

I would like to, but I'll have to find out if I'm still eligible (I'll be student teaching in the fall...does being a student teacher still qualify as being enrolled in college?) and what the check-in dates are (since I have to follow the elementary school's calendar I won't be done until end of January...) :confused3

I would like to, but I'll have to find out if I'm still eligible (I'll be student teaching in the fall...does being a student teacher still qualify as being enrolled in college?) and what the check-in dates are (since I have to follow the elementary school's calendar I won't be done until end of January...) :confused3

If it helps I believe February 5th was a choice for Spring 07.

I plan on apply this fall for Spring 2008. I graduate the end of fall semester so im packing up and moving to florida. CP and hopefully a PI after that. Maybe i'll see you there!:thumbsup2

I'll be appling for the spring 2008 semester! I'm so excited! I'm happy to find people who are just as excited as me, i thought i was a bit too early to get excited. :)

I'll be appling for the spring 2008 semester! I'm so excited! I'm happy to find people who are just as excited as me, i thought i was a bit too early to get excited. :)

I have been excited about my internship since about 3/4 of the way through my senior year. That is when I found out about it. I don't know how I am going to stand the semester of college beforehand because I will be so anxious.
I am pretty nervous about the interview, because this is what I am thinking about doing after college.

It's never too early to get excited about Disney.:)

you guys are wonderful, i'm Sarah by the way. It's nice to talk to someone else besides my boyfriend about this, i'm sure he's getting sick of me talking about it. i learned about the program a year ago, so i know how you feel, the anticipation is killing me, and i somethimes think i want to work for disney when i'm out of college too.

you guys are wonderful, i'm Sarah by the way. It's nice to talk to someone else besides my boyfriend about this, i'm sure he's getting sick of me talking about it. i learned about the program a year ago, so i know how you feel, the anticipation is killing me, and i somethimes think i want to work for disney when i'm out of college too.

Right now my plan is to work for Disney after college, but I want to do the internship for both the experience, and to see if Disney would be somewhere I really want to work and build a carrer off.
I know that my mom sometimes gets tired of me talking about it because she is a bit envious, but I enjoy thinking about what it might be like. An entirely new experience is just around the corner for me, and I can't help but be excited about it.

I will be applying for this session too!!!! I am very very excited, I have waited for this sience I began my 1st semester at college! Can't wait for the opportunity. Hope to meet u all there! :yay:

what positions are you interested in interviewing for?

I am going to try to get the position of either character attendant, merchandise, and maybe hospitality. I was also thinking about operations, but I really do not want to be one of the unlucky people that shows guests where to park.

I am going to try to get the position of either character attendant, merchandise, and maybe hospitality. I was also thinking about operations, but I really do not want to be one of the unlucky people that shows guests where to park.

aweosme! I think i'm going to apply for hospitality cause thats what i'm majoring in. I'm also thinking about merchandise and operations. i want to be one of those people that give lengthy narrations before rides! like the jungle cruise! but yeah, i dont want to get stuck in the parking lot, and i really don't want to do quick service food and beverage! Which park would you want to work in?

Merchandise and character attendant are great roles. I have done both, and have enjoyed both. If you have any questions about them I can try to answer them.

aweosme! I think i'm going to apply for hospitality cause thats what i'm majoring in. I'm also thinking about merchandise and operations. i want to be one of those people that give lengthy narrations before rides! like the jungle cruise! but yeah, i dont want to get stuck in the parking lot, and i really don't want to do quick service food and beverage! Which park would you want to work in?

I would want to work in any of the parks really, but my top pick would either be the Magic Kingdom or MGM. There are a few places in each of the parks that I would love to work at, but I don't know if I should take the chance and go for operations because you are stuck in the job they give you for months. I might chance it though because you can pick up shifts in other locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter