Anyone heard of Firefly Car rental?

I rented last weekend with firefly for a last minute trip. I got a economy car for $9.00 a day. Everything went well. They are the last counter in the airport and past Hertz in the parking garage. I was upgraded to a midsize car at no additional cost. Total for the two days was 35 dollars. I have a reservation for December also booked

I rented last weekend with firefly for a last minute trip. I got a economy car for $9.00 a day. Everything went well. They are the last counter in the airport and past Hertz in the parking garage. I was upgraded to a midsize car at no additional cost. Total for the two days was 35 dollars. I have a reservation for December also booked

Sounds like a good endorsement to me. I have a Dollar Rental booked, good rate, but there is an extra charge for the second driver. Not so with Firefly.

Sounds like a good endorsement to me. I have a Dollar Rental booked, good rate, but there is an extra charge for the second driver. Not so with Firefly.

Someone else reported that Firefly charges $10 a day for additional driver. Does anyone know if that's correct?

Someone else reported that Firefly charges $10 a day for additional driver. Does anyone know if that's correct?

I would love to hear if this is true? Is there a charge for a spouse to drive?:surfweb:

Pipkin said:

Thank you. Yes, they charge the 10 dollars for the second driver

We used Firefly last week Wed- Sun. It was the best price I could find since I booked as soon as I saw someone mention it on here a few months ago. We paid $87 which was much better than the other prices I was getting.

Check in was very easy, girl at counter was very nice. No pressure to get any add ons or upgrades. She did tell us what was available but moved on quickly when we said no.

We reserved a midsize and had the choice of a Nissan Versa or Chevy Cruze. We pick the cruze which was fine.

You do have to walk through the Hertz parking lot to get to the Firefly lot which I didn't think was a big deal. Once we got past Hertz it took us a minute to find the where we were supposed to go, it seems like they could use a few more signs.

Overall it was a positive experience and I would use them again anytime.

This is good to hear. Was it easy to maneuver out of the parking lot on onto WDW?
Never rented before from airport.

EVERYTHING goes well, until it doesn't. I just posted a first day review. Didn't see this thread. Nothing horrible but bait and switch, no customer service and they don't know their policies. Let's see how the return goes.

Also attracted to the cheap rental from this agency in Orlando airport for late September. "Forced" to take the fuel package. I brought it in full and never reimbursed. This is an extra $80. Luckily i went over my credit card statement and saw this. I am calling tommorrow to get this reimbursed. Advantage does a similar thing, but at least they do reimburse at the end.

Would pay more just to not have to hassle with this.

Anyone who prepays for the full tank of gas obviously doesn't rent a car often. No matter if it is Firefly or Alamo, or Enterprise of National or Dollar, your being taken advantage of. To blame this only on Firefly...makes me laugh. People will ***** just to *****...but all of the car rental places will take you for that. That's how they make money. :rotfl2: Your never "forced" to take it. Give me a break. This is from someone who has been renting for 20+ years. I have NEVER been forced to get their insurance or their gas. :confused3 Ive rented Dollar, Alamo, National and Enterprise.

We used Firefly last week Wed- Sun. It was the best price I could find since I booked as soon as I saw someone mention it on here a few months ago. We paid $87 which was much better than the other prices I was getting.

Check in was very easy, girl at counter was very nice. No pressure to get any add ons or upgrades. She did tell us what was available but moved on quickly when we said no.

We reserved a midsize and had the choice of a Nissan Versa or Chevy Cruze. We pick the cruze which was fine.

You do have to walk through the Hertz parking lot to get to the Firefly lot which I didn't think was a big deal. Once we got past Hertz it took us a minute to find the where we were supposed to go, it seems like they could use a few more signs.

Overall it was a positive experience and I would use them again anytime.

Excellent to hear this! My worst rental was at Advantage. Bait and switch at its worse! Would never rent from them again after my experience. And I have used most of the major rental places!

Rented from Firefly for 10 days earlier in Oct. Had read about the longer walk to the cars, so I didn't have any trouble finding them, but the rest of the family kept asking where I was going. There are signs, but there are way more Hertz signs which tend to hide the ones for FireFly.

Gentleman running the desk when I got there was very slow, maybe he was new on the computer, or maybe the computer forces the employees to enter too much information. No hassles, just slow. Somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes at the desk. Guy was pleasant.

Car was fine (Chevy Malibu) - but it had high miles. It was a 2012 with over 57,000 on it. Key fob didn't work well, and the car smelled of smoke when you first got in to it. Mechanically, it seemed fine and rode well.

The return was spooky, as there was no-one in sight. Recorded the fuel level (full of course), and the mileage, locked the car and took the keys to the counter. That was unusual, but in the grand scheme, there are way worse things.

Overall, the low cost makes up for all of the above. I had very low expectations.

Yes they also gave me a great price for car rental and honored that price. The negative side is that were in the garage of Thirty Car Rental and it took 2 hours to get the car I had reserved. This was in LA Calif.

Just a FYI folks, Firefly is owned by Hertz. They aquired it AFTER they aquired Dollar/Thrifty. They ditched Advantage which is now offisite before the merger with Dollar/Thrifty.
They pretty much share the cars in the fleet.

I recently rented a car for them for a week in Orlando and it was a terrible experience. I will never rent from them again. It was cheap but not worth the hour at the counter. I had to keep fighting with the guy "Bouzid" who kept adding upgrades and packages I had not asked for. Each time he gave me my estimate he had sneaked another upgrade on there. I finally told him to stop or I was going to walk away. He then stopped trying to trick me. DO NOT RENT FROM FIREFLY!

I picked up my rental car from Firefly on October 19th. The rep at the counter kept trying to upsell me on everything but I politely told her "no" each time. She gave me the keys and the contract and I left to find the car.

As others have said there is not enough Firefly signage in the garage. And it was quite a walk with all of our luggage. We finally found the car - a Ford Focus. I had a question about the car so I called the gentleman in the booth over to the car. He answered my question and we drove off.

We stopped at the guard booth. I gave the guard my Driver's License and the contract. She reviewed everything, looked the car over and asked me if the gas tank was full. I told her it was. She returned my Driver's License and the contract and we were off.

When I returned on October 23rd to return the car, there was no one in the booth to receive the car. I waited for awhile for someone to come and no one did. I asked a young lady that walked by if she could tell me where the person is who I should return the car to. She said she didn't know because she worked for Hertz but that someone should be there.

I waited a few more moments and then I called the phone # on the contract to find out what I should do. That # didn't work so I had to look up another # to call. I spoke to several people who tried to find someone I could speak with to to try to figure out what to do.

As I was going through this, a couple drove up who was also returning their car. They got out of the car, left the keys and started walking away. I asked what they were doing. They pointed to a sign (which I had seen) and said the sign says to leave the keys in the car and write down your ending miles.

As they walked away I read the sign again. The way the sign was written, it referred to what to do when returning a car during the hours that Firefly was closed. Since I was returning the car at 9:00 am and Firefly was supposed to be open, I didn't feel comfortable just leaving the keys in the car.

After getting no help from anyone on the phone and waiting close to 30 minutes, I decided to take the keys and walk back to the Firefly counter in the Terminal. I took a picture on my phone to show the mileage (16,537) and the gas tank level (full) and started walking towards the terminal. By now I am fuming. :furious:

I try to remain calm as I approach the counter. I explain the situation to the Rep. She apologizes and says she is not sure why someone was not in the booth to receive the car when I returned it.

I gave her the keys and told her the ending miles. She asked if the tank was full and I told her yes. She printed a receipt and gave it to me. She told me that the rate I had reserved ($75.38) would be honored. She also said she would let her supervisor know that no one was in the booth to receive the returned cars.

I took the receipt and left.

If Firefly had the cheapest rate I would rent from them again. But the next time if there was no one to receive the car when I return it, I would just lock the car and return the keys to the counter in the terminal like I did this time.

One of the upsells she offered me was to go from a compact car to a midsize car for an additional $8/day. Seeing as how I was only paying $10.99/day for the Compact, I told her no thanks ;)

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to write about your experience ! I know many of us have a car reserved with Firefly and are anxious for reviews

Returned from the happiest place on earth 11/3. No problems with Firefly car rental. Got a Chevy Impala mileage was a little high @42,000 mile but car ran good. It is a little ways to walk back to where the cars are but for the price of $114 for 6 days it was worth it. Secret for a good rate is to book early as possible. No high pressure sales at the counter. Have another rental with them next month. Well worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter