Anyone heard of Firefly Car rental?

Any reviews yet? I'm also confused about their hours of operation. People are saying they are only open after dark. According to their website their hours are 0500 - 0200. Isn't that 5am-2am??

Any reviews yet? I'm also confused about their hours of operation. People are saying they are only open after dark. According to their website their hours are 0500 - 0200. Isn't that 5am-2am??

haha...that's 5am-2am.......people don't know military time much. But our first gopher should be there right now! Waiting on the report!

If it's open between 5am and 2am, I read it to mean it's only closed between 2am and 5am.

I actually started this thread the first part of August. I know they were supposed to open a couple days ago. Anyone have any new info about them? I still have a ressie for the end of October with them. I'd appreciate any info about how things went.

Thank you, Bob

waltmick said:
I actually started this thread the first part of August. I know they were supposed to open a couple days ago. Anyone have any new info about them? I still have a ressie for the end of October with them. I'd appreciate any info about how things went.

Thank you, Bob

Bob - we will be going down on Saturday. I will try to remember to post right after getting the car.

Thanks. By the way, my daughter got her undergrad at SUNY AB and Master's degree at Buff State.

Bob

2 days ago I booked a minivan through Firefly for Oct 17-25 at a rate of $232.55 for week + $33.22 for the extra day. Doesn't include taxes and fees.

Last night I found out we are coming in a day early (Weds) so I went to modify the reservation. Rate jumped to $333 for the week and $48 for each extra day.

Called toll free number and after a few minutes was told rate was based on availability for any given day. This is obvious and I can see the daily rate for Wednesday being higher, but extrapolating it out over the weekly rate and the extra day I already had booked?

Going with my original choice of Dollar.

I just thought I would throw this out there. We always seem to get a great deal for a minivan through Priceline name your own price. Last year we paid $169 for a minivan for 7 days (including tax). This year about 2 weeks prior to our departure we again did name your own price and actually got the minivan for $168 for 7 days. After priceline declining my offer for a while they sent me and email offer for $3 towards my offer. I offered $13 a day and they added the $3 to it. So my total offer was $17 and Alamo took my offer. I know Minivan rentals can be high & we're always looking to save some $$$.

Thanks. By the way, my daughter got her undergrad at SUNY AB and Master's degree at Buff State.

Bob

Less than 24 hours til we are in the air. Did she stay in the area? I like the Buffalo area, but it seems like a lot of people don't stick around.

subbing;

just booked march /14 for $100 /week cheaper than my Costco Budget rate:cool1:

wondering if it's too good to be true:confused3

anxious to hear reviews

So we made it to Disney. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner but things were busy, also known as the magic made me forget. So I went straight to the Firefly counter, which is right next to Hertz, while my wife went to get bags. I was 4th in line and only one person was helping customers. Within a minute of me getting in line, two more people opened up and stayed helping people. The guy in front of me said that it was the first time he moved in 30 minutes. On the other hand, I was at the counter in maybe 10 minutes. I got the car pretty easily, and at the rate quoted. It was a economy for $114 for the week. No hassle over buying extra stuff that I don't need. A simple no was accepted when they asked. So I get the contract and go to find my wife. Well, I was quick enough to beat the checked luggage.

After getting the luggage, and had out to the cars. Well this is where it gets a little sketchy. Their kiosk is out in the middle of nowhere, past Hertz, with no good walkways to get there. I felt like I was walking in the middle of the road. We get to the kiosk and can't find anyone. I go ask someone and they managed to find the Firefly person. She was just finishing helping someone. She brings us to the car, it is in good shape, about 18,000 miles on it and no dents. We pack up, get in and are on our way.

In general not too bad, and the price was great. Hopefully they will be rectifying the walkway issue.

After getting the luggage, and had out to the cars. Well this is where it gets a little sketchy. Their kiosk is out in the middle of nowhere, past Hertz, with no good walkways to get there. I felt like I was walking in the middle of the road. We get to the kiosk and can't find anyone. I go ask someone and they managed to find the Firefly person. She was just finishing helping someone. She brings us to the car, it is in good shape, about 18,000 miles on it and no dents. We pack up, get in and are on our way.

In general not too bad, and the price was great. Hopefully they will be rectifying the walkway issue.

Thanks for the review.
Hopefully the walkway issue will get better, and there will be more reviews up by the time we get there in March.
I think I will reserve Budget too, and see how the reviews go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter